Archived - Introduction Thread - Part 1 | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Archived Introduction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Re: Introduction Thread

I was number 125 :P

Watch your step, you are about to enter the Zardo Zone.Hi, my name is Christopher Zardo. I am 13 years old.I spend most of my time on the computer. I have just recently been introduced into the world of manga so the only one I am reading at the moment is Naruto.My absolute favourite manga character is Gaara of the sand from Naruto :Gaaraball .I would like to read mangas like Bleach or D.N.Angel and One Peice because I have heard a lot of good things about those mangas in particular. Besides spending my time on the computer i enjoy listening to many forms of rock, Alternative, emo blah blah blah.My all time favourite band is System Of A Down. I personally don't like much "Punk" rock.I was born in Canada, Ontario. But my parents are from Italy, and Brazil. I know what your thinking, your thinking about how exotic I must be :P.I don't like people who will lie to your face one second, then say something else the next. Everything else I am pretty kool with, except flaming people :sasufire ><.My hopes and ambitions include becoming a famous game designer like Tetsuya Nomura, or Yoshinori Kitase. Those guys are GODS among men for kids like me.The reason I would like to be a game designer is because I spend most of my time playing games, why not spend most of it making them, also getting paid for it would be a major plus. :D. What I enjoy most out of life is making friends. Thanx for spending your time reading this. Have a nice day.

Zenith

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

how does one see what number is he/she? is there a member section/search feature in SMF?

Meijin no Kori

Zenith said:
how does one see what number is he/she? is there a member section/search feature in SMF?
No to my knowledge.
Your number is the number at the end of the link to your profile. For example, Zenith, the link to your profile is: http://mangahelpers.com/index.php?action=profile;u=58 . Thus, 58 would be your number. I hope that makes it clearer to you. :amuse

Personally, I was the 89th person to join.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Welcome to the boards, Tim, and looking forward to seeing more of your cleans and learning Spanish.

Congrats to kool-ka-lang and Wraith for being members no. 120 and 125 respectively :amuse

Manetheren

Reaction score
Country
United States

Manetheren (aka. ManetherenWolf)

I'm Chris, from Montgomery, Alabama, (United States).

For those who dont know, I head up Naruto Edited Mangas over at Shannaro.

I clean pages whenever needed.
I am the typesetter for Shannaro (only need one :D)
I also work on compiling (sometimes) and Translation finalizing (along with Nihongaeri).

I am also getting into doing Color pages on occaision. (See my Avatar and Sig... Full version will be with the ch.283 release).

------------

oh... may as well post this:

I have a pretty broad variety of likes.

Manga:
-Naruto (of course :D)
-Bleach
-Azumanga Daioh
-Negima
-plenty of others...

Anime:
-Naruto
-Bleach
-Black Cat
-Mai Otome
-Mushishi

I also own nearly 250 Anime DVDs (all official. no bootlegs).

Omolara

Reaction score

Hey all, I'm Omolara.
I am a 20 year old junior in college majoring in political science. I speak French and am currently taking Japanese, so I've been dl-ing only the RAW for the past six or seven chapters.

Likes: Naruto, Japanese culture/language, politics, French culture/language, people with sense,

Dislikes: Racism, ingnorance, insensitivity, sexism, and character bashing just to name a few. Poorly formed arguments, horrible grammar/spelling (only if you speak english natively), and plain old stupidity irk also me to no end.

*Note that horrible in this case just means: so impossible to read that it no longer ressembles English. We all make mistakes and/or get lazy, but darn it some things should just come naturally if you're over the age of seven.

Hobbies: Reading, writing, drawing, and playing the clarinet. Can I say politics again?

Oh, and I have a tendency to randomly throw in French/Japanese words or forget how to spell things in English. I have moderately poor keyboarding skills as well.

nah-nah

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Hi everyone!  I'm Nah-nah, I'm 22 years old and I live in the cozy (boring) state of Kentucky.  I live just outside Fort Knox so lucky me gets to hear them firing cannons and other sorts of fun things. X__x

I'm in my second year of college right now and I'm hoping to travel to Japan, Korea, and the Philippines (that's where I was born) one day.  I'd love to travel all over the world, actually ~ it's a dream of mine.  I'm currently bilingual (Tagalog and English), and I'm working on learning Japanese while brushing up on my native language at the same time.

My favorite snack is Pocky.  My favorite animal is the panda.  I love Naruto, Prince of Tennis, Loveless, Hana Kimi, Girl Got Game, Gravitation, and all sorts of other anime/manga series.  My favorite characters in Naruto are Naruto (of course), Sasuke, Itachi, and Gaara.  I am currently in love with Tsuchiya Yuichi from *pnish* as he is the most amazing being on earth, making him the love of my life and my future husband. XD

I hate hate hate Orochimaru, liars, SPAMMERS, and broccoli.

My hobbies?  I like to draw, read, write, collect manga and anime, bake cookies, play the guitar, sing, and swoon over my Tuti (that's Tsuchiya's nickname) stuff.  Oh yes!  And I can sew anything. XD

I have a soft spot for chibi things and baby stuff, so you can constantly see me squealing about how something is cute.

That's pretty much it!  I'm very glad to be here with everyone~  Take care til then!!

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan

Great stuff :D. Didn't know soo many people were into Japanese :o. I'm planning on working more on my translations, and I'll try and help answer questions that you guys might have regarding things. Nihongaeri is a good person to ask too *D. and Don't forget pazuzu or Iwanin~ so yep, this will be a great place to get answers about Japanese.
Thanks for joining and enjoy your stay :ossu

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States

I am eileenting88 from NF.

I'm currently sitting for my biggest test of life, so wish me luck. :D

I live in Malaysia, age 17.

I like..............chess, drawing, SLEEPING!! :nuts

I hate............racism, inequality, special rights... I better dont mention that much.

I am member number 33. :D

I hope I can learn a lot a lot of languages. Right now, I want to learn how to speak French and Japanese first. :smile-big

Nah.....I dont know what to say. PM me if u want to know more. I am just not good in explaining myself. :thumbs

Amaethon

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Welcome, Eileenting. Good to see you here too.

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States

Amaethon said:
Welcome, Eileenting. Good to see you here too.
Welcome to u too, Giro. Enjoy your stay here.

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan

Thanks for joining! This site will continue to grow and get better, and hopefully look better really soon! So keep dropping by~

Iwanin

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico

I don't think I've ever actually introduced myself to anyone here, so I might as well takes this opportunity.

Name: Pedro Ortiz Monasterio Santa Ana.
Huh?: Yeah, call me Pete. Everyone else does.
Sex: Male.
Age: 20 something (ok, 27, but mentally I am much, much less mature than what my age indicates).
Nationality: Mexican.
Place of Residence: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico - about two hours from L.A.
Race: Caucasian (going by appearance, anyway).
Glasses?: Yep.
Married? Single? Attached? Divorced? Widowed?: Single.
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual.

Likes: Videogames, especially RPGs, action-aventure games, and fighting games (though I'm not very good); manga (and animé, to a lesser extent); history; languages and linguistics; Sumo wrestling (watching, not practicing - don't have the physique ;) )

Favorite game series: Final Fantasy, Ninja Gaiden (2D and 3D), Castlevania (2D), Panzer Dragoon (especially Saga), Nippon Ichi Strategy RPGs, Dead Or Alive, Vampire/Darkstalkers, Street Fighter.

Favorite mangas: Naruto, School of Water Business, Love Hina.

Really likes: "Fanservice" in my games and manga, ;) .

Dislikes: Being subjected to Engrish in Japanese advertising.

Studies: Bachelors in Computer Systems Engineering; French, two years; Japanese ... around five years now, maybe?

Languages: Spanish and English, fluent; French and Japanese: I can read most stuff, especially with the aid of a dictionary, but I still need to work on expressing my thoughts (usage).

Past translation projects: Naruto (Shannaro), Death Note (The Ones Who Tell No Lies, Shannaro).

One-shot translations: Yaki-something-Japan, Hot Gimmick (final chapter).

Current translation projects: Mieruhito (fucking manga), School of Water Business (tamascans).

Occupation: Software documentor / Translator (Spanish-English/English Spanish) -_-

Hoping to: Leave for Japan next year, leaving the glorious world of software documentation behind, :p

Can answer questions on: the translations I'm working on right now, and (Mexican) Spanish.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Welcome, Mantheren, Omolara, Eileenting & Iwanin! It was neat reading your introductions.

Hope you guys have fun.

(Nah-Nah, yours were awesome too :glomp )

TheMexicanKingVII

Reaction score

Name: Mexican King VIi
Who am I: Don't know
What I do?: Run sites and make money off graphic arts
Faveorit Food: Sandwhich
Faveorit Drink: Mountain Dew
Faveorit Anime: Gundam Serise
Instant Messenger: Godstation99 AIM YAHOO rvenx98@godstation99.com MSN

Enough of that, I am constantly working to imrpove my graphic art abilities in certain areas, and right now that is making HQ Clean scans of Manga. I personally am rather bored and unless something is rather interesting I rarely post. I'm also tossing the idea of creating my own Edited Manga group.

holmes221

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

My real name : Sudarpo, 22 years old ( weird name, huh ? ) and I add a nickname for pleasure, Sudarpo Holmes Chang. yeah Sherlock Holmes fans.
I am from Indonesia and currently I stay in Malaysia for my study.

Favorite Manga: Naruto, Bleach, Detective Conan, Detective Academy Q, Detective Kindaichi, Yoshitsune Shanaou, Ryurouden, Salad Days :P

Favorite Show: CSI and Lost

Greetings to all of you fans of Naruto. Eventhough I write this a little bit late indeed.

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States

Welcome MexicanKingVII and also holmes221.

Enjoy your stay here.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Welcome, MexicanKingVII & Holmes221!  Hope you have a good time hanging out here.

Also, I figure it's a good time for me to ask you guys whether you mind people using your real names elsewhere on the forum or not. Like for instance Sudarpo, I much prefer using real names than screennames, so let me know.

By the way, for what it's worth, I'm Phil.

Also known as Firu-kun but only Nah-Nah gets to call me that. See ya around. ^_^

Zenith

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

oh..real names...mine's Jason. And welcome everyone!

holmes221

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

oh I dont mind if you'd like to call me in real names. this shows that you can remember you pal's name.

I m happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.