Hello. My name is Nukumi.
I'm now old enough that I don't want to admit my age anymore.. haha. I'm never satisfied by one thing for very long and am constantly moving from one thing to the next, but the one thing that's never left me is my love of manga.
I also do translations, of anything really if you request it nicely enough (meaning a giant-ass scan) 8D I've been translating things for.. too many years now. I wouldn't claim to be any good at it though

I've been criticized as having too much free will in my translations, but I'm under the impression that the meaning is what's important, so that's what I stick with for the most part. Literal translations always feel so stiff and remind me of the fact that what I'm reading wasn't initially English, so I try to make the people reading feel like it was meant to be read in the language they're reading. ...However I do fail a lot. Japanese just doesn't always come across the way I'd like it to. :<
Initially I started translating manga I had lying around (Ranma/Inu-yasha), but I found they were waaaay too hard for me at the time. I barely knew anything at all as I was only in my 1st or 2nd year of Japanese in college. So I stepped back for a bit, and when I got back into translating I ended up translating magazine articles, as you can see in the link here ->
clicky< - the older the post, the older the translation.. and therefore the worse they get as you go on.. haha. ^^;
[side note : all those translations are for a pop band in Japan, so I doubt anyone here would have any interest in the content, however I always posted the original Japanese and sometimes a re-sized scan of the article, so at the very worst, it could be useful to someone learning Japanese]
I have a large range of interest when it comes to manga.. I've been into One Piece, Kimi ni Todoke, Dengeki Daisy, Naruto, KHR... Usually for me, it's more about the art, then the story, so I can sway either way : shojo or shonen. I've also drawn manga-style stuff since high school, but lets not get into that. 8D
I'll be trying to find my place here to fit in. I've been trying to get the formatting right, so I can submit a request for placement as a translator.
Yoroshiku ne
