Introduction

voire

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 8, 2015
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Sunspear
Geeting,
I am a new member here.
Now I am doing some digging in the website to figure out where is everything and how things are going on around here(feel free to drop links).
I speak three languages and learning the fourth-japanese.
I do not learn japanese for manga, anime, trip to japan business or something like that though without a dictionary I am very much useless for any group now.
My poison : belladonna manga, yeah manga is fine.
Yours,
Voire,

I join here to learn about the world behind the scenes, how mangas get translated and all of that(and help if I can and once I figure out how).
I know the process, the steps, some of the software used, the people involved, some of the requirement fot the stpes
Moreover I know the internet name of the person who scans some manga and who is the source for most manga websites and websites like ishuhui(though I have no idea how to contact this person).

What I would like to know: any websites you use(if I may be allowed to ask) that can be useful, manga news(reliable sources in english or japanese or whatever you got), sources for scans that you use(I saw some threads and have some links) basically any link that relates to the subject.

If you wouldn't want to write links here or in a private message, wanting me to do research on my own, than I would ask you for a kick in the but to set me in the right direction(one can't be spoon fed so I will have to do some research on my own but would like to know where to start).

  • Still haven't celebrated half a year.
  • Can read hiragana and katakana, slower in katakana than hiragana but I can read it.
  • Can recognize about a 1000 Kanji a different levels, meaning readings usage etc.
  • Vocabulary: 2000 base vocabulary plus much more.
  • Grammar- Partially controls basic flow of the language and grammar, still much to learn(nearly finished tae kim plus a lot of more sources)
  • Listening- still having difficulties to understand even things like ghibli.
  • Speaking: I can get the message through though not not conversationaly fluent.
  • Reference: NHK web easy, with rikaikun I can understand everything there though with vocabulary it is still difficult(grammar is easy or fine, I still have more to learn from the simple version), will soon move to reading their original sources.
 
Last edited:

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,048
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Welcome to mh, glad to have you here. Have a favorite anime?
 
Top