Movies Iron Man 2 Discussion

Rei Ayanami

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2010
Messages
124
Reaction score
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States


Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment present the highly anticipated sequel to the blockbuster film based on the legendary Marvel Super Hero “Iron Man,” reuniting director Jon Favreau and Oscar® nominee Robert Downey Jr. In “Iron Man 2,” the world is aware that billionaire inventor Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is the armored Super Hero Iron Man. Under pressure from the government, the press and the public to share his technology with the military, Tony is unwilling to divulge the secrets behind the Iron Man armor because he fears the information will slip into the wrong hands. With Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow), and James “Rhodey” Rhodes (Don Cheadle) at his side, Tony forges new alliances and confronts powerful new forces.
Rated: PG-13
Genre: Action/Adventure
Director: Jon Favreau


Trailer 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps-KqKHpsxo
Trailer 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOzuBOefL8I

Movie Clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA5Nu2B2uvM
Movie Clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XistIBFDw-g
Movie Clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXDsfrQrwuo


http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/iron_man_2/ 70%
 
Last edited:

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Just got back from seeing it. I liked it a lot, it had fun set-pieces, balls-to-the-wall action, funny dialouge, and plenty of charm, primarily provided by RDJ. Almost outshining him was Rockwell, though, who goes all out with his crazy I-think-I'm-loveable-but-actually-I-come-off-as-a-douche persona. Rourke did a competent job as Whiplash, but the role doesn't demand much. The female leads were kinda stiff, but L. Jackson was being L. Jackson to the fullest.

There were plenty of nerdy shout-outs, and my even-geekier-than-me friend ended up squealing several times, especially at the after-credit scene. Overall it's not as strong as the first one, but I love that movie a whole lot. If you like Iron Man, you should see this film.
 

JoshuaGaler

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 28, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I watched Iron man 1 and really love the move. Completely new to Hollywood. A one more super hero with gadgets. The previous were there who don't use any gadgets but as per trend I think the super hero has changed.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would've gone with this poster to show off the movie in the first post :p :

Yeah, never saw the first one, but this is my reason for wanting to see the 2nd one ;).
 

GAT-X252

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
2,363
Reaction score
3,047
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
I think the scene were stark falls down from that plane and lands on the stage was incredible.

Rourke was very cool in this movie, too bad the final fight ended so abruptly, that guy was kicking some serious ass...Mickey Rourke wearing a badass armor? awesome.

Overall the film was ok, although the entire scene where Rhodes and stark fight in stark's house was too forced IMO.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
It was a good movie, if you liked the first one then you're gonna like this one. I saw it twice consecutively. The story wasn't as strong as the first, it felt like a collective of great scenes rather than a movie. Mickey Rourke was awesome "[Russia Accent] I want my bird" LMAO!!!
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Yeah like Gat, I just thought it was ok. Would rather have just rented it instead of seeing it in theaters. First one was quite a bit better imo. Some of the parts were funny, and the villain was played great. Several parts, though, had very dumb, cheesy lines. It felt like I was watching the new G.I. Joe again...Though I enjoyed seeing the Captain America reference and what Stark did with the shield, I just didn't like the way they hinted at the Avengers movie coming up. Dunno why, just thought they could have done more with that scene. And I just can't take Jackson serious in anything he does after Snake on a Plane, so his character just felt dumb to me and out of place. Chicks were hot though \o/
 

DARK

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
2,876
Reaction score
739
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I loved watching them both, but I loved the first movie just a bit more.
Mickey Rourke ftw.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I enjoyed the first movie more than the sequel; like many of you already stated above me. :amuse I thought Rourke played the Whiplash role really well. "Software shit", "drones better"...love the Russian accent. The action scenes were awesome. Something was just not right about "Pepper" in this movie compared to the first imo. But anywhoo...

Red-haired, Scarlett Johansson! :hearts :hearts :hearts
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
The film was great as the first one.:)
Robert Downey Jr. is as great as always.:) I like the concept and the plot of the movie.
Mickey Rourke was ok, but I totally don't like russian accent in the movies.:)
 
Top