Discussion Is Kuma as Strong as We Think?

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'd agree with most of what you said except for a few things, first Akainu(but I'll get to that later), Kaidou(again I'll focus on something else this post), and finally Mihawk.

You have Kuma above Mihawk, this is problematic because while it is likely that Zoro will fight both of them, why would he fight Kuma after Mihawk? I mean his dream is to become the greatest Swordsman ever, why would he fight Kuma after his dream is complete.

While I agree with you that Shanks is slightly below Mihawk in swordsmanship he probablly beats him because of multiple other skills. Anyways what I'm getting at is that just because your beaten by someone doesn't mean your far off, I doubt that everyone at the highest Tier is equal to each other.
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Please don't make this into another Mihawk vs. Shanks thread.. There are too many of them already..
So as luckas/imi would've said: ~Please stay on topic..

Though I do disagree with Richard.. :p
 

paradoxe

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
344
Reaction score
21
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Highest: Yonkou, Aokiji, Kizaru, Black Beard, Kuma
High: Mihawk, Flamingo, maybe Kaidou, Garp
Middle: Moria, Jimbei, Lucci
Low: Crocodile, Hancock (so far), Akainu (I've been hoping he's actually weak and rose through ranks by being a brilliant and merciless leader).
Kaidou is Yonkou.

Here are my tiers, based on what we've seen:~

Highest: Admirals, Yonkou, Mihawk
High: BB, Doflamingo, Kuma, Garp
Middle: Moria, Jimbei, Lucci, Enel [Luffy, Kidd, Law, Drake, Hawkins are here]
Low: Boa, Sir Crocodile, Dorry/Broggy [Zoro n Sanji (and the rest of the Supernovae) are here], (Arlong and Mr 1/Mr 2 between Low and Lowest IMO)
Lowest: Buggy, Don Krieg, Bellamy etc
 
Last edited:

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
The Admirals are called the strongest assault force. So I believe each of them is fukking strong. That's why I would put them at the highest tier.

I believe Mwk is stronger than Shanks, 'cause both of them are swordsman. If some1 wants to read my reasons: only the first half of the post.

If I may copy Richards grouping:
Highest: WB, Shanks, Admirals, BB, Mwk
High: Garp, Rayleigh, Kuma, Sento, Kaido (?), Hancock (?), Flamingo (?)
Middle: Moria, Lucci, Enel, SuperNova, Monster trio
Low: Crocodile
no name: east blue villains
 
Last edited:

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
The Shichibukai Discussion thread

I don't get it why everyone puts Crocodile so low. The guy has beaten Luffy 2 times without much trouble, and anyone would find it hard to beat him without water. Just because he was beaten first, doesn't mean that he's the weakest of Shichibukai, because there is no such thing.
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I don't get it why everyone puts Crocodile so low. The guy has beaten Luffy 2 times without much trouble, and anyone would find it hard to beat him without water. Just because he was beaten first, doesn't mean that he's the weakest of Shichibukai, because there is no such thing.
I put him low, 'cause he was beaten by Luffy without haki and Gears. He was Luffys first opponent where he was forced to go all out (maybe his 2nd: Arlong). Usually those who are earlier introduced are weak.

Despite that, he has a logia ability and yes, he is strong. But compared to the other.. not really impressive.
 

RichardMNixon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
908
Reaction score
285
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would need to see a lot more of what Mihawk can do before I think he could beat Kuma. If Kuma gets one solid paw in, the fight is over, so can Mihawk end it in one stroke or at least never be hit? It seems unlikely against someone who can teleport.

We have never seen anyone resist Kuma's paws, as long as he keeps teleporting and one-hitting people I'd say he's as strong as we think.
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
About Kuma's teleport ability, I believe its similar to Kizaru's long ranch travel speed. It has probably no meaning while fighting some1 close to you. And I believe he can't send ppl away who are moving or attacking, 'cause he didn't send Sanji or Luffy away as they attacked him.

Not to mention, Zoro managed to cut him on TB, while he was heavily damaged by Oz+Moria. I don't think Zoro would be able to cut Mwk in that condition. <- speculation
 

Hinex

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
37
Reaction score
38
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Vietnam
I think it's too early to make a tier with so many characters we've seen in OP by now. We still don't know their true strengths yet ( except Crocodile, Moria, Lucchi, Enel). For example Garp's just a Vice admiral because of his childish behavior. He can't be a true leader. But is there any prove that he is weaker than an Admiral. Please remember he's a hero of the marine who was on par with Roger many times.

With this topic, I think Kuma is strong. He can beat up all SH members at once even thought they are on their full forms (at the current time of the manga). And another point, a Shichibukai's bounty doesn't show his/her strength, it shows how much damage he/she gave to the WG. BB has a zero bounty before he becomes a Shichibukai. So it isn't right to say that Crocodile is weak. He is unfortunate that his enemy is Luffy. I can say Luffy's brute force is one of the best in OP. His 2nd and 3rd gear are only temporary doping, after that he must pay for their prices. Like Sanji said in Enies Lobby: " Everyone has things he can do and can't do. Everyone has his/her strength and weakness. Luffy won Crocodile with a bit of luck. If Robin didn't rescue him => there isn't OP for us now ^^. So I can say once again that it's too early to make a tier with characters who we haven't known their true strength yet.

P/S: Sorry for my poor English. I'm still learning it T_T
 
Last edited:

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
For example Garp's just a Vice admiral because of his childish behavior. He can't be a true leader. But is there any prove that he is weaker than an Admiral. Please remember he's a hero of the marine who was on par with Roger many times.
Just to make sure: Im a old school fan boy: character like Garp, Rayleigh, WB are my favourites, But honestly we don't know why he is not a Admiral. There could be any reasons, like for example and which I personally support: He is on admiral fighting lvl, but weaker than AoKiji, Kizaru, Akainu. And the rank Admiral is limited to only 3 seats. Maybe he was in his prime time an Admiral, but was retired from that post, since only the strong ones should be in that rank.

He also lost in power due to his age. So his fights with Roger, which are also off panel, doesn't values his fighting power. But don't misunderstand me, he is certainly fukking strong and respected among every strong dude out there.

So I can say once again that it's too early to make a tier with characters who we haven't known their true strength yet.
I agree with those we haven't seen in action. I for my part, divided those character based on their fame in tiers.

About Croco, maybe you missed my post, anyway he was beaten by Luffy without Gear+haki. So he is weak (among the Shichi) despite his bounty, which like u said, doesn't shows their strength.
 

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Despite that, he has a logia ability and yes, he is strong. But compared to the other.. not really impressive.
Not many of them have managed to bring Luffy to the brink of death. Two times. Think about that.
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Of course, its not like I forget about that. But as I said "compared to other" I was referring him with the later foes in the story: like Lucci and Gecko, where Gear was needed to beat them.
 

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Well, it's not like Gear 2nd or 3rd would help him against Crocodile. Maybe a little.
Only thing that would really help most opponents against Crocodile is water.
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Yes true, his advantage as a logia user. But in the 3rd round, Croco couldn't rly keep up with Liffys physical ability, even though he was poisons. So his physical ability in general is weak compared to the current OP lvl (red line). If Luffy went G2, maybe he could even hit him before he turns into sand. Anyway there is no way for him to keep up with Luffy in G2.
 

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
595
Reaction score
836
Gender
Hidden
Country
Italy
Moderator Notice:
The discussion about other Shichibukai's strength as in comparision to Kuma's is still relevant to the topic, but to further discuss specifically in depth about them please continue here.~ Yabe
 
Last edited:

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Not many of them have managed to bring Luffy to the brink of death. Two times. Think about that.
Actually 3 times.. First in the rainbow town, when he both pierced luffy and throwed him into the quicksand, and luffy got rescued by robin.
Second is in the Alabasta palace when luffy luckily(?) survived after being completly dried up when the water he spet(?) falled back on him after crocodile left.
And lastly, thirdly, in the final battle, he got poisoned and was supposed to die if it werent for Robin again, rescuing him.

People too underestimate Crocodile. But I do agree that he can't be one of the strongest Shichibukais around..
I wouldn't even dare compare Crocodile to Kuma.. Kuma is on a whole different level...
 

kikrox1

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
114
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
kuma is a shichibukai for a reason and its because he is strong he may be the only one to listen to the government but we have seen wat his copies did to the crew and he took care of that one real quick and he completely disrespected the admiral there and did whatever he wanted to do without consent
 

Dark_Pirate_King

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 9, 2008
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
is kuma as strong as we think? I think that he's much more stronger...
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well most of our questions will likely be answered in the coming war. Because he'll undoubtadly be at the front line and fighting High Tiers like WBs crew will give us a good gauge of his strength.
 

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Actually, I don't think WG will be putting Kuma in front lines. I think he's too valuable for them to risk loosing him in battle.
Then again, who knows.
 
Top