Speaking of SBS, if anyone hasn't read them, they should! They are completely hilarious. Oda is such a good sport about answering all the ridiculous questions his crazy readers throw at him. Often they are joke answers, but at least he answers them. Interesting little factoids are also sometimes revealed.
An example of ridiculous:
R: HEY, ODACCHI. WHEN YOU GET DOWN TO IT, JUST HOW LITTLE SENSE OF DIRECTION DOES ZORO HAVE? I want an equation with x and y, dammit!!
O: Ummm... lesseee... x... plus... y. Okay, next. (Perfect)
An example of interesting:
D: Are the "Seven Armed Seas" modeled on the "privateers" of England and France, pirates allowed free rein by their kings to plunder the then-mighty ships and towns of Spain in exchange for a percentage of their gains.
O: Ah!! A serious question (T_T). Yes! Privateers! In short they are "pirates recognized by their country". They really did exist, long ago. They were "heroes" within their own lands, and "pillagers" in other lands. In a historical sense, the reason why not all pirates are labelled "criminals" is because of the existence of these "heroes". However, whether or not this is a good thing is a separate matter. Pirates are still pirates. Some times, even the largest crimes can be misconstrued as "justice".
(That last sentence there sounds like exactly the direction he's going with the World Government, doesn't it?).
But it should be noted that he does sometimes avoid answering some questions. For example, someone once asked who would win in a fight, Zoro or Sanji, and Oda basically made fun of the asker's grammar and then ended the Q&A session without answering (lol).
The only place I know to read them is on
The Wiki. There's probably other places, but I don't know them.
Now, to actually address the thread topic, I think most likely the issue will not be addressed. He's made it very clear in the past and in this last chapter (with Luffy's straight up rejection) that it is not a subject he cares to dwell on, or that Luffy cares about. Oda has basically launched a laser-guided, ship-sinking missile at this. Besides, as others stated, Luffy's been busy killing vicious beasts on a no-girls-allowed island for 2 years (I almost think Oda did that just so that people wouldn't ask these questions...). And even if he wasn't, I still don't think anything would have happened. It's just not that kind of manga, and Luffy's not that kind of character. I would not be surprised, however, if the topic came up in a future SBS, though.