Discussion Is There A Link Between Demons and Goddesses?

ShadowCT6

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hello guys! It's been a long time since I posted here. I am not loggin in MH very often because I am chating with some people of here through our Discord channel.

Anyway, the topic that I want to discuss with you is that something that many of us have already pointed, but never created a thread about: it is a possible link between the demons and goddesses. Many of you hvae already noticed the presence of the Goddess Clan symbol on Meliodas armor, as well on Zeldris sword. If you never noticed it, look at the following pictures.

More recently, I have noticed another interesting thing. If you look at the Original Demon's armor, there is a cross that is a way similar with the one we find on the Supreme Deity's dress. Check it out.
I know that the cross is a very common symbol, however, how can a divine related symbol be present on a demon's armor? I guess that's another foreshadow of something really big that Nakaba has planned a long time ago and it may be a possible link between Goddesses and Demons. What do you guys think? Is there really a link or is it just a mere coincidence?

Last edited:

Andr3AS

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
In religion demons are other spirits that have sinned and have dared to defy God. It may be that before all the holy war the King of Demons dared to defy the authority of some God. So as a consequence he is all his followers have turned into demons.
But it is only my assumptions that as said by the author this king of Demons is the first (I do not think in any way is related to the Supreme goddess)

eefrit

What's Up Danger
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I remember way back in the ancient times, a lot of us were theorizing the same thing. That the two were members of the same race before a divide happened and they became what they are now.

However, as the series went on, I think that theory lost a lot of steam given how much preferential treatment the demons were given compared to the Goddess clan. They no longer seem comparable.

ShadowCT6

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well, I have a theory that the Demon King and the Supreme Deity were the first humans in the world (like Adam and Eve). But some circumstances made the DK domain the darkness turning him in to a demon, while the SD started to domain the light and it turned herself an angel. Then, the DK created the Demon Clan, while the SD created the Goddess Clan. They probably formed a family before the supposed split and their children created the Human Clan.

Another theory that I have already seen you guys posting is that the DK was part of the Goddess Clan and he fell like Lucifer. If he indeed was part of the GD, he could be even the SD's former partner. Thereore, he finds some ways to remind his origins, like puting a cross on the Original Demon's armor and putting the GD's symbol on Zeldris sword.

Last edited:

Mael the strongest

Reaction score
Country
India
Well dont know if they are related or not
But I definitely say that both Mael and Meliodas are somewhat related

ubw178

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
The symbols on Mel and Zel's equipment are interesting. The crosses are just a coincidence and nothing more.

Darky

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
Well, they're sworn enemies, nothing more :teach

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

To me this image might be an important clue regarding this. The demon king speaks in terms of his very purpose being death and destruction. With this in mind, it sort of makes sense that the supreme deity would be a being whose purpose is life and creation. And the two work together as primordial forces of the world that push it forward. Maybe they just pretend to be primordial forces though.