JABMAN

Jabman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
379
Reaction score
179
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hi, I've been relatively active on this forum, but exclusively in the naruto, bleach, and one piece sections for 1 year now. I feel like it's time I get to know the rest of the forum.

This is my intro thread, I am Jabman :)


I post in bold:hee
 

NibbPower

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2011
Messages
60
Reaction score
22
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hello Jabman. I got excited when I click the spoiler in hoping to see something interesting. Well, since you're not really new, but I guess I'll introduce myself since you want to meet the other side.
I'm sally and I like to post on the introduction and maybe the art section.
The end.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've been relatively active on this forum, but exclusively in the naruto, bleach, and one piece sections for 1 year now. I feel like it's time I get to know the rest of the forum.

This is my intro thread, I am Jabman :)


I post in bold:hee
It's the bold poster guy! :arf

Welcome to the Member Zone :confetti

Tell us more about yourself. Favourite musics, movies, tv, etc
 

Jabman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
379
Reaction score
179
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hello Jabman. I got excited when I click the spoiler in hoping to see something interesting. Well, since you're not really new, but I guess I'll introduce myself since you want to meet the other side.
I'm sally and I like to post on the introduction and maybe the art section.
The end.
haha stay excited NibbPower, my bold posts are quite awesome :D

It's the bold poster guy! :arf

Welcome to the Member Zone :confetti

Tell us more about yourself. Favourite musics, movies, tv, etc
Thanks goldb, and yes you caught me, it is I.

Let's see, Music I'm a big fan of instrumental music, like movie scores and soundtracks, I'll listen to the occasional 'song' when someone else plays it. I dabble in composing music myself (just as a fun hobby, nothing serious).

Movies? I gotta say -Oda especially- and basically reading all types of manga and watching anime for the past 15 years, hollywood is something of an after thought for me but I do watch some blockbuster big budget movies when they seem really cool. I LOVE Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3. Absolute favourite movies and not because I'm a HUGE one piece fan.

I'm up to date with latest shows like breaking bad, house of cards, homeland, etc. Basically just something to keep me busy during my meals lol
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Hey man! Welcome, welcome! It's always nice to see a fellow big 3-tard getting out in the big world :3c...it's like first baby steps...you need guidance, but it's fun :toc

So anything other than shounen in your manga reading list?
 

Jabman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
379
Reaction score
179
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hey man! Welcome, welcome! It's always nice to see a fellow big 3-tard getting out in the big world :3c...it's like first baby steps...you need guidance, but it's fun :toc

So anything other than shounen in your manga reading list?

hahaha thank you thank you! It sure is overwhelming a bit. :tem

And to answer your question, yes a few actually. I read SnK, One PUNCH, Assassination classroom (need to catch up on AC). I pick up new manga here and there but nothing that isn't mainstream already

Any suggestions? :heh
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania



haha It sure is overwhelming a bit. :tem
Well you'll get used it :p...the natural progression from here is the Meet the Mods section, which is the older brother of the Member Zone, and similarly full of spam threads :lmao...but the apex is the Fun Forum, so we'll meet there...eventually :cookiehand
And to answer your question, yes a few actually. I read SnK, One PUNCH, Assassination classroom (although I need to catch up). I pick up new manga here and there but nothing that isn't mainstream already :heh
Any chance for Magi? It's the only weekly Japanese manga I follow with great interest...Toriko comes in 2nd place
 

Jabman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
379
Reaction score
179
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well you'll get used it :p...the natural progression from here is the Meet the Mods section, which is the older brother of the Member Zone, and similarly full of spam threads :lmao...but the apex is the Fun Forum, so we'll meet there...eventually :cookiehand


Any chance for Magi? It's the only weekly Japanese manga I follow with great interest...Toriko comes in 2nd place
Magi is definitely on the list. I already plan to watch the anime and read the manga together which is what I do with a lot of anime. I keep hearing great things about it especially that it has been getting crazy in recent weeks.
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Oh, I know who you are; after all your posts are unique. XD
Even if you're not a new member, I'll say welcome to you anyway. :D
You should hurry up reading Magi! :)
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks goldb, and yes you caught me, it is I.

Let's see, Music I'm a big fan of instrumental music, like movie scores and soundtracks, I'll listen to the occasional 'song' when someone else plays it. I dabble in composing music myself (just as a fun hobby, nothing serious).

Movies? I gotta say -Oda especially- and basically reading all types of manga and watching anime for the past 15 years, hollywood is something of an after thought for me but I do watch some blockbuster big budget movies when they seem really cool. I LOVE Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3. Absolute favourite movies and not because I'm a HUGE one piece fan.

I'm up to date with latest shows like breaking bad, house of cards, homeland, etc. Basically just something to keep me busy during my meals lol
:cop

That's brilliant, I love instrumental and soundtracks. My all time favourite would be the LotR trilogy OST; that just never ceases to leave me in awe. What about you?

Yeah I enjoyed Pirates of the Caribbean, at first because of Jack's character and the comical scenes in the movie. In the latter movies and since his introduction, Davey Jones becomes my favourite, Bill Nighy does such a wonderful job in playing him. The voice, that air of authority and the way he carries himself. What a man. He's one character I wish to have included in OP, exact same design and all.

So you've not seen Pirates: On Stranger Tides? There's also a 5th in the works; dude to be released in 2015 or 16; Dead Men Tell No Tales.

I finished Breaking Bad just after it finished airing. At first I wanted to wait for both parts of the last season to completely air so I can marathon it, but I gave in even before Part 2 started. Then I just waited for it to finish too, so I watched it all at once. Also finished House of Cards' second season last night. Not seen Homeland though, but heard lots of praises about it :nod.
 

Jabman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
379
Reaction score
179
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Oh, I know who you are; after all your posts are unique. XD
Even if you're not a new member, I'll say welcome to you anyway. :D
You should hurry up reading Magi! :)

lololol thanks my man! MAGIIIII!

:cop

That's brilliant, I love instrumental and soundtracks. My all time favourite would be the LotR trilogy OST; that just never ceases to leave me in awe. What about you?

Yeah I enjoyed Pirates of the Caribbean, at first because of Jack's character and the comical scenes in the movie. In the latter movies and since his introduction, Davey Jones becomes my favourite, Bill Nighy does such a wonderful job in playing him. The voice, that air of authority and the way he carries himself. What a man. He's one character I wish to have included in OP, exact same design and all.

So you've not seen Pirates: On Stranger Tides? There's also a 5th in the works; dude to be released in 2015 or 16; Dead Men Tell No Tales.

I finished Breaking Bad just after it finished airing. At first I wanted to wait for both parts of the last season to completely air so I can marathon it, but I gave in even before Part 2 started. Then I just waited for it to finish too, so I watched it all at once. Also finished House of Cards' second season last night. Not seen Homeland though, but heard lots of praises about it :nod.
Awesome choice! The LotR scores are among the best I've ever listened to, definitely a favourite of mine when studying or at the gym.
I'm huge Hans Zimmer fan and my favourite OST is his work for the Pirates of the carribbean trilogy especially the second and third.

Oh and I often forget or intentionally leave out the 4th installment to the Pirates movies since it was by no means on the same level as the previous 3. Not to say it was bad.
I've already -jokingly- made a date to go see the 5th Pirates movie in 2016 haha.

Davy Jones was such a great character and couldn't have been played better by anyone other than Bill Nighy. He definitely made it HIS role. I still remember the first scene in which Davy Jones makes his entrance, gave me shivers!

Literally finished house of cards hours ago, what a show man! I must say however, the first part of season 2 was more nerve wracking and exciting than the second half. In the first season I felt the show picked up in the latter part of the season and ended on the highest note. That said I still like season 2 more than 1.

Definitely watch homeland. A lot of ridicules stereotyping but it's just a TV show that aims to entertain. House of cards though doesn't make you think of it as a TV show and immerses you in its very real world (excluding the hacker guy in season 2 lol, still liked his character)
 
Top