Seinen - Jagaaaaaan by Kaneshiro, Muneyuki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Jagaaaaaan by Kaneshiro, Muneyuki

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
A new Manga has started

Jagaaaaaan

Synopsis
Shintarou Jagasaki, who is a neighborhood police
officer, lives with his girlfriend while working a job
that is killing him slowly with annoyance. It looks
like he will end up marrying soon and live a boring
life with a nuclear family—a grim future for a guy
with dreams! One such day, a mysterious monster
appeared on the train and he suddenly can shoot
with his right hand like Master Buppanatsu, the
eggplant mascot of his city!

Demographic:
Supernatural , Mystery , Drama,
Horror, Seinen

Authors:
Kaneshiro, Muneyuki (Story)
Nishida, Kensuke (Art)

Serialization Big Comic Spirits

Published Feb 6, 2017 to ?

8 Chapters have been released so far

https://myanimelist.net/manga/104314/Jagaaaaaan

Last edited by a moderator:

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
Next chapter should focus in the fractured human we saw the previous chapter, who will obviously be an oponent and a possible ally in the future.

Shintarou having to kill himself after killing all fractured humans was something expected, by logic, he's a fractured human that needs to go as well, so no surprise there.

Doku so cute as always, and bell...

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Bell>>>>>>>Yuriko :datass
Not even a contest.
As for the actual chapter, this was pretty much a good set up chapter, I like how so far the story is managing to find a balance between Jagasaki's normal day to day life and his life as a fractured human.
Now, as for the revived life, I honestly don't think it will be Yuriko, I think he'll end up having to choose someone else, because quite honestly, I still think that head in the refrigerator will come back to life by itself.
There's still something about fractured humans we aren't being told.

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
Now, as for the revived life, I honestly don't think it will be Yuriko, I think he'll end up having to choose someone else, because quite honestly, I still think that head in the refrigerator will come back to life by itself.
it'll most likely end up being bell since it's quite obvious they'll end up being a couple.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
it'll most likely end up being bell since it's quite obvious they'll end up being a couple.
But wouldn't it be redundant making her a fractured human as well? They already did that with one of his love interests, I don't think the author will do the same thing twice.
Bell will probably be the first person who learns about Doku and all this frogs's stuff without being a fractured human herself.
She'll end up being his sidekick who helps him take down the other fractured humans.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
But wouldn't it be redundant making her a fractured human as well? They already did that with one of his love interests, I don't think the author will do the same thing twice.
Bell will probably be the first person who learns about Doku and all this frogs's stuff without being a fractured human herself.
She'll end up being his sidekick who helps him take down the other fractured humans.
Since the first chapter Bell is hinted to be a couple of Doku.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oof, this chapter hit me right in the existential feels. Except I don't have a mutated gun arm to make it all better.

NoOneInParticular

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So if we've got 2 or more semi-fractured hunters roaming about, presumably with their own plans for when they mop up the frenzied frogs they'll eventually have to clash properly at some point. Wouldn't that just be bloody tragic, if Jagasaki gets this close to ending it all, willing to sacrifice his own life, and doesn't even get to because the other guy takes him out first?

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
This chapter beautifully portrayed the feelings of Jagasaki.He knows he is going to die but is still trying to take it easy.

Now this new fractured hunter.Wonder if she will be an ally or enemy?Hope to see.

billylebegue

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I recently catch up with this seinen (chapter 15). Not that bad :)

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
@Globear did you read the last chapter?

Ephesos

Reaction score
Country
Romania
The frog with the stalker guy has a tadpole tail, so he will become like the MC, able to control his transformation, but probably vengeful in nature. So now we have our main villain.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Can't say I am looking forward to the stalker's transformation, bet it's gonna be very hideous

billylebegue

Reaction score
Country
France
Wonder what he'll look like... maybe one crazy webcam monster ^^

billylebegue

Reaction score
Country
France
Ok he is crazy...
What bothers me the most in this manga is the absence of reaction from "normal people". Don't they have cellphone to warn people/police/journalist or even to take pictures ?
Dismembered people everywhere ? Terrorists...
We saw on previous chapters a giant tree coming from nowhere (http://readms.net/r/jagaaaaaan/12/4219/1)... no real reaction. Maybe an Interflora delivery ? :-_-
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Last chapter was really good too. Wonder what's next :)

Anyway, what bothered me a little was the pace for Jagaaaaaan's powerups... for a relatively new power, he adapts really quickly to it
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Chapter 19 is available on mangastream.
Spoilers from chapter 20 here http://jaga-n-bare-spirits.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2017-07-04

NoOneInParticular

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok he is crazy...
What bothers me the most in this manga is the absence of reaction from "normal people". Don't they have cellphone to warn people/police/journalist or even to take pictures ?
Dismembered people everywhere ? Terrorists...
We saw on previous chapters a giant tree coming from nowhere (http://readms.net/r/jagaaaaaan/12/4219/1)... no real reaction. Maybe an Interflora delivery ? :-_-
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Last chapter was really good too. Wonder what's next :)

Anyway, what bothered me a little was the pace for Jagaaaaaan's powerups... for a relatively new power, he adapts really quickly to it
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Chapter 19 is available on mangastream.
Spoilers from chapter 20 here http://jaga-n-bare-spirits.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2017-07-04
Yeah, I agree on the reactions of the public. Train carriage full of minced up people, and one guy blown to pieces whose anatomy clearly isn't normal. Although I do like this latest twist with one of the semi-fractured making a public appearance and bringing the thing to light.

On the other hand, I actually disagree on how Jagasaki's been adapting. The thing with these fractured powers is that they aren't so much a skill, they're something made up through instinct and impulse. I'm sure learning control is a part of it, but to me it makes sense that it largely comes naturally to the person.

billylebegue

Reaction score
Country
France
Outside mangastream teams, nobody translate the manga right ?
Raws are available for chapters 22, 23 and 24, the hype's real... our stalker learned fast :hip