It should be clear that Jairo's time/real story has yet to come.
He was the original King of NGL and after the Chimera Ants killed him and "borrowed" his kingdom, he was rebirthed as a (most likely) real strong Ant.
He is now strong in at least 2 terms:
1. He snapped out of the Queen's controll and never even lost his memories (or regained it right/shortly after his rebirth). That alone means he is extra-ordinary strong. Because the latest Chapter finally confirmed a few things regarding lost memory/regained memory among the Ants.
1.1 Strong Ants had a hard time regaining their memories, but they were able to gain a few memories with the help of other ants which remembered their past life (Welfin is a good example).
1.2 Over-average Strong Ants could easily regain their memories, if they want.
But they have to want to remember their past-life in the first place, because this was the other confirmed factor influencing the chance: Strong resolution/Strong Will.
2.0 He is strong in terms of intelligence. He got killed by Chimera Ants, thus he wasn't physically strong (at least not extreme strong).
Putting two and two together and we now have a Jairo/Gyro with hatred/determination and the power of the ants.
The Chimera Ant Arc prepared Jairo's plot (Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the whole Arc solely served as Jairo's hype XD).
And what I said isn't excluding the theory of our beloved comrade "NoFreakingWay"

I don't see Meleoron as Jairo yet, but I think it's possibly. Meleoron's abilitys and personality would just perfectly fit in with my idea of Gyro's character. Meleoron could lead a Kingdom if he won't tell anyone about his ability anymore. But he is physically weak and cooperated with humans, humans he hate. Well, but as he met with Gon, Meleoron said something about Gon having an "inhuman" side to him.....I haven't decided what to think about this, yet.
To cut a long story short: I think Gyro/Jairo will definitely proceed with his plan, no matter what, until he eventually gets killed/dies. That's the sole reason he lives ; to spread evil all over the world. And the distribution of "Drug B" was only one "shemes" he wants to carry out.
I'm so happy that the Chimera Ant finally ended. I liked it, though, but now I want to see so many other storylines in HxH <3.