Done Japanese consult

Unproductive

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
88
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Could some take a look at this page with me? There's a small part with a grammatical pattern that I'm not parsing correctly. I could also be messing up the entire page. :darn

デートクラブに指名される was mentioned in the previous page
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/40603/168

Here's my attempt at it
I tried it out with Yuminari,
but I was never once called up.

Why…

Not once the entire night.
hahahaha
sfx: click

It just means going out there and drinking with the guys,
but sounds like it has even happened to girls that worked there before.

It looks like we’d have to put a lot of work into it!
sfx: pats
It was interesting, but they left me alone.

Nakai called Yuminari about it.
Then Yuminari gave me a call.
 

maguregumo

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
20
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
i think the problem is only these lines.
but sounds like it has even happened to girls that worked there before.

It looks like we’d have to put a lot of work into it!
sfx: pats
It was interesting, but they left me alone.
i can't really put them into english nicely so here is just explanation of what it means.

その先するやつもいるかもねー
there may be some girls do more than that. (more than just drinking with customers; like prostitution)
くらいの話をさー
that's what really happened. (i only worked there for a night and wasnt called up for entire night is the true story.)
よく加工するよねー
加工する= Storyを加工する, make up or change the story. what really happened was as above but they made up the story saying that she works as a prostitute.

おもしろいからほっといてんだけどさー。
おもしろい = Storyがおもしろい  
ほっといてんだ = 私はこの話をほっといた
i thought that story is funny so i just let people talk and believe it.

hope it helped.
 

Unproductive

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
88
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I just want to make sure that this phrase breaks down for me.
その先するやつもいるかもねー
there may be some girls do more than that. (more than just drinking with customers; like prostitution)
In this case it looks like verb その先する means "to go further than that." Is this the usual use of that phrase? So every instances of 先にする is "to go beyond."

Thanks in advance!
 

maguregumo

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
20
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
yes that's rite "go further than that" would be better.:tem
and hmmm about その先する in my opinion, it's pretty common way to say it. when we dont want to say the exact word.
it's very common to say する、やる without その先 though it depends on the situation.
but 先にする is different. is this just your typo?
anyway, 先にする means prioritizing. Lit, do this first.
 

Unproductive

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
88
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
ok, I see. I think I have the basic idea now. Thanks. I hope I see the phrase more often.
 
Top