Fantasy Jellal vs Erza

Jellal vs Erza


  • Total voters
    60

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Honestly there's no reason to think Erza is wrong here when she says Deus Sema > Jellal's magic. Irene has more magic power than Jellal, and as a dragon her powers amplify her abilities to enchant. From that perspective, Irene clean bowls Jellal. And to further back that up, Jellal got easy-diffed by Irene's peer.

I'm okay with Jellal bringing out something big (because I do have faith in his skills) but to lean on his Sema just because Erza might not know... it's too weak an argument atm imo.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Honestly there's no reason to think Erza is wrong here when she says Deus Sema > Jellal's magic. Irene has more magic power than Jellal, and as a dragon her powers amplify her abilities to enchant. From that perspective, Irene clean bowls Jellal. And to further back that up, Jellal got easy-diffed by Irene's peer.

I'm okay with Jellal bringing out something big (because I do have faith in his skills) but to lean on his Sema just because Erza might not know... it's too weak an argument atm imo.
It's not so much the fact that we're trying to hype Jellal. It's the validity of a plain character statement. I mean we can't just take words at face value. If Erza could slice through that meteor with no problem, then Deus Sema isn't that strong. Again, you have two options here.
  1. Erza can destroy the meteor with ease compared to other top-tier characters.
  2. Deus Sema isn't that strong.
Note that this is Erza with broken bones. I mean the only way one can argue that Deus Sema is strong is if they think Irene is strong to begin with. I personally don't buy into her hype. At the same time though, I can't discredit her either. She is definitely a top-tier character. But only in her dragon form. The swipe of her claw was way stronger than her Deus Sema. That much is a fact. Irene even said her dragon scales are harder than the meteor itself...

With that said, I can't prove that Jellal's Sema is stronger. But his casual spell, Grand Chariot, utterly destroyed a Spriggan. I think it's quite reasonable to assume that his higher-tier spell would pack more power. Anyways, I always thought Erza's statement was more of a hype tool than anything. Similar to how Mard Geer said Momento Mori could kill Zeref. When in reality, we know it can't. He isn't even stronger than the Spriggans who are all individually weaker than Zeref himself.
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
Doesnt matter whether or not Erza has seen Sema before. Mashima has seen Sema before and he is the one who made Erza say that Eileen's is superior. Right now no argument can be made for Jellal's Sema being superior or even on par with Eileen's.
That being said there is no reason Jellal just has to sit there mouth open while Erza charges at his Sema, he could just try and shoot her out of the sky before she can destroy it. And as we know the explosion when Sema lands is where the real danger is, not the meteor itself(as shown by Erza desperately trying to slash Eileen's out of the sky)

I'd say Erza wins high diff, just because Jellal doesnt have the stamina to keep up with her(otherwise he would have gotten up from under August's boot). In terms of combat i can see him landing more hits and even flooring her a couple of times with his big spells, but no way he keeps her down with his measly level of endurance.
 

Xaos sama

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2016
Messages
147
Reaction score
440
Country
Casterly Rock
Doesnt matter whether or not Erza has seen Sema before. Mashima has seen Sema before and he is the one who made Erza say that Eileen's is superior. Right now no argument can be made for Jellal's Sema being superior or even on par with Eileen's.
That being said there is no reason Jellal just has to sit there mouth open while Erza charges at his Sema, he could just try and shoot her out of the sky before she can destroy it. And as we know the explosion when Sema lands is where the real danger is, not the meteor itself(as shown by Erza desperately trying to slash Eileen's out of the sky)

I'd say Erza wins high diff, just because Jellal doesnt have the stamina to keep up with her(otherwise he would have gotten up from under August's boot). In terms of combat i can see him landing more hits and even flooring her a couple of times with his big spells, but no way he keeps her down with his measly level of endurance.
how so? , makarov said in GmG that jura in on par with gildarts, Hyberion said that the S12 are as strong as G.serena.

mard geer stated that End was the one who created all the curses & formed tartaros, Acnologia Fears him, that's why he came to destroy it.
was what he said was true?
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Honestly there's no reason to think Erza is wrong here when she says Deus Sema > Jellal's magic. Irene has more magic power than Jellal, and as a dragon her powers amplify her abilities to enchant. From that perspective, Irene clean bowls Jellal. And to further back that up, Jellal got easy-diffed by Irene's peer.

I'm okay with Jellal bringing out something big (because I do have faith in his skills) but to lean on his Sema just because Erza might not know... it's too weak an argument atm imo.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm in no way saying that Jellal's Sema > Deus Sema, I'm simply pointing out that we have to take what Erza's says with a pinch of salt, especially considering the fact she's never seen Jellal's version. And even if she's going off of the gathering of clouds in the GMG, that was GMG Jellal. Who knows, I'm just saying that if Jellal's Sema has seen anywhere near the same treatment as his GC, it should be pretty insane in it's own right.

The only thing I would be hesitant to say is Irene being a peer of August's, in her Dragon form I can buy that, but in her human form? Her blasts were being tanked pretty easily, and she was getting overwhelmed by Erza and Wendy. In comparison August no-diffed the guys of CS without moving an inch, and while the power scales of this arc are questionable, I'm not ready to say Erza and Wendy > Jellal, Cobra, Midnight, Hoteye and Racer, let alone Wendy and Erza >> Jellal, Cobra, Midnight, Hoteye and Racer. That would just be absurd.

@XXEliteXXAceXX Thanks a lot man, your posts have been great in this thread, as always.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
It's not so much the fact that we're trying to hype Jellal. It's the validity of a plain character statement. I mean we can't just take words at face value
I'm not really calling anyone out for hyping Jellal, it's that making a case for him is backed by what exactly? The invalidity of someones comments? Sure Erza might not have ever seen Jellal's full powered Sema. But if you completely ignore the comment what do you get? Irene's Sema vs Jellal's Sema. Irene is without doubt the stronger mage at this point in the manga. Logically her Sema should be stronger. Can Jellal have a stronger Sema? Sure - he's basically a master of that magic. But it's not a 50-50. Irene's being better is the null hypothesis here imo.

  • Erza can destroy the meteor with ease compared to other top-tier characters.
  • Deus Sema isn't that strong.
- Erza was using an unsightly amount of PoF, and Makarov's power which to this day I'm baffled by. Her slash at that point in time could be the strongest attack we've seen this arc.

- Sema itself isn't unbeatable. It's a meteorite, which I've always maintained can be stopped before it reaches the ground. Someone of Jellal's calibre can probably stop it with their best offensive spell. I rank Deus Sema strong, but I also give wizards like Natsu the potential to stop it with his amount of attack power.

The swipe of her claw was way stronger than her Deus Sema. That much is a fact. Irene even said her dragon scales are harder than the meteor itself...
I agree 100%. But the scale comment is negligible in this particular discussion since Jellal wouldn't be able to damage a dragon either, in all likelihood.

But his casual spell, Grand Chariot, utterly destroyed a Spriggan. I think it's quite reasonable to assume that his higher-tier spell would pack more power
Yea Sema is definitely more powerful. But we're talking about Neinhart here. His durability is hands down the worst of the 12.

Anyways, I always thought Erza's statement was more of a hype tool than anything. Similar to how Mard Geer said Momento Mori could kill Zeref. When in reality, we know it can't. He isn't even stronger than the Spriggans who are all individually weaker than Zeref himself.
Erza made a deduction based on the impending problem. Mard Geer is a villain, hyping things to kingdom come as one would expect from a FT villain. While they're both character statements, I don't lump Erza's with Mard's since the logic of Erza's comment is reasonable.
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
how so? , makarov said in GmG that jura in on par with gildarts, Hyberion said that the S12 are as strong as G.serena.

mard geer stated that End was the one who created all the curses & formed tartaros, Acnologia Fears him, that's why he came to destroy it.
was what he said was true?
Jura being a match for Gildarts? Yeah, that was prob true. At least as much of a match as Bluenote was. In fact Jura was probably stronger than Bluenote.
Spriggans on par with God Serena? Kind of a general statement, but yes in general they are.
Mard was straight up lying and doing it intentionally as part of his plan. I seriously doubt Erza was lying considering it was her inner monologue.
Bottom line is that Mashima intentionally had Erza compare Eileen's Sema to Jellal's, so its pretty clear where each spell stands. Jellal needs a new top tier spell or needs to have altered and improved his current Sema to beat Deus Sema.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I'm simply pointing out that we have to take what Erza's says with a pinch of salt, especially considering the fact she's never seen Jellal's version. And even if she's going off of the gathering of clouds in the GMG, that was GMG Jellal. Who knows, I'm just saying that if Jellal's Sema has seen anywhere near the same treatment as his GC, it should be pretty insane in it's own right.
I think it's fair to say that all character comments are to be taken with a grain of salt. She said all her bones were broken and could only move her one arm, but just last chapter she hugged Wendy quite easily.

But what I'm trying to say is, while it's fine to pick apart Erza's comment, the statement itself in isolation isn't particularly wrong. I mean for the sake of a battle discussion, the facts are pretty much in Erza's favour. If I scale GC to Sema, I do believe it would be quite powerful. Though GC is kinda in limbo since it's minimum power is tied to the anchor that is Neinhart.

The only thing I would be hesitant to say is Irene being a peer of August's, in her Dragon form I can buy that, but in her human form? Her blasts were being tanked pretty easily, and she was getting overwhelmed by Erza and Wendy. In comparison August no-diffed the guys of CS without moving an inch, and while the power scales of this arc are questionable, I'm not ready to say Erza and Wendy > Jellal, Cobra, Midnight, Hoteye and Racer, let alone Wendy and Erza >> Jellal, Cobra, Midnight, Hoteye and Racer. That would just be absurd.
By she cast a master enchant in dragon form, which is enchanced by the power of being a sage dragon.

August is essentially in his 'dragon' form to me, unless he's got more power-ups to show. Plot made Erza and Wendy look so much better, especially with Wendy being able to counter everything. I try to stay away of using those logical arguments since they usually are tough to pull off (with the >> things) but yes I agree it's essentially absurd to follow all that.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'd say Erza wins high diff, just because Jellal doesnt have the stamina to keep up with her(otherwise he would have gotten up from under August's boot). In terms of combat i can see him landing more hits and even flooring her a couple of times with his big spells, but no way he keeps her down with his measly level of endurance.
This argument is sort of fallible. When comparing two characters, you have to take both sides into consideration. Would Erza's endurance allow her fight August better than Jellal did? I don't think so. Besides, the majority of the fight was off-paneled. So it could have lasted longer than the manga pages depicted. Erza is being a little overhyped here and I think it is all because of Irene's hype to begin with...
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
This argument is sort of fallible. When comparing two characters, you have to take both sides into consideration. Would Erza's endurance allow her fight August better than Jellal did? I don't think so. Besides, the majority of the fight was off-paneled. So it could have lasted longer than the manga pages depicted. Erza is being a little overhyped here and I think it is all because of Irene's hype to begin with...
Yes, it would allow her to do better against August imo. For example, while someone like Jellal would lie there with August's boot on his head, someone like Erza would get up and headbutt August. Where Jellal's fight with August would end, Erza's would have only reached the halfway mark

I'd say most people are hyping Erza about right these days. Her endurance is leagues above most characters in the manga, especially Jellal. In fact the only reason i said Jellal would give a high diff fight is cause i have a little faith that he'll do something later, based on his feats alone he shouldnt make it past mid diff.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not really calling anyone out for hyping Jellal, it's that making a case for him is backed by what exactly? The invalidity of someones comments? Sure Erza might not have ever seen Jellal's full powered Sema. But if you completely ignore the comment what do you get? Irene's Sema vs Jellal's Sema. Irene is without doubt the stronger mage at this point in the manga. Logically her Sema should be stronger. Can Jellal have a stronger Sema? Sure - he's basically a master of that magic. But it's not a 50-50. Irene's being better is the null hypothesis here imo.
I agree that he can't be backed by much since he lacks feats. But we have to consider portrayal too. Jellal one-shotted a Spriggan. Hiro Mashima wouldn't draw this if Jellal was below current standards.

As for Irene being stronger which makes her Sema stronger, I disagree. Sure, Irene was portrayed to be a top-tier character. But her feats don't match. Anyways, I admit that I can't really argue here or it will only lead to circular argument.

Anyways, I'm curious as to what has Erza shown for people to place her so high in the rankings? Half of her fights were fueled by PoF. And the other half weren't that impressive. Like I said, her strongest attack was only able to take out an injured Ajeel.

- Erza was using an unsightly amount of PoF, and Makarov's power which to this day I'm baffled by. Her slash at that point in time could be the strongest attack we've seen this arc.

- Sema itself isn't unbeatable. It's a meteorite, which I've always maintained can be stopped before it reaches the ground. Someone of Jellal's calibre can probably stop it with their best offensive spell. I rank Deus Sema strong, but I also give wizards like Natsu the potential to stop it with his amount of attack power.
I have to disagree here. Taking portrayal into account, Erza's Nakagami Armor was hyped to be the strongest armor she ever had. There is no way one unnamed sword slash can exceed the power of Nakagami Starlight. It would take a lot of convincing for me to agree here. I also want to point out that I don't account for PoF in this fight. So that may be the reason why we see it differently.

It's true that Sema can be cut. But to completely cancel or destroy an attack, that means your power must equal the power of what you're hitting. I can't really judge what Irene's attack power is since her hype and feats aren't consistent. But we know Erza's power isn't that high. So I can't hype the meteor to be that strong either.

Yea Sema is definitely more powerful. But we're talking about Neinhart here. His durability is hands down the worst of the 12.
I agree. Neinhart's durability may be the worst, but then Jellal was using Grand Chariot which is an attack that Jellal always resorts to unlike Sema which is when he is forced into a dangerous situation (like his fight against Jura).

Erza made a deduction based on the impending problem. Mard Geer is a villain, hyping things to kingdom come as one would expect from a FT villain. While they're both character statements, I don't lump Erza's with Mard's since the logic of Erza's comment is reasonable.
That's true. But in terms of validity, both can be erroneous. Mard Geer's statements were pure lies. But Erza's judgement is not credible either considering she hasn't even seen Jellal use Sema yet.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Irene has much higher M.P. than Jellal.Her sheer aura made several people sweat.But none was ever afraid of Jellal's M.P. in the current Arc.Moreover Irene brought the Deus Sema in her Dragon form.So naturally Irene's Deus Sema>Jellal's.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
how so? , makarov said in GmG that jura in on par with gildarts, Hyberion said that the S12 are as strong as G.serena.

mard geer stated that End was the one who created all the curses & formed tartaros, Acnologia Fears him, that's why he came to destroy it.
was what he said was true?
Jura probably had similar M.P. like Gildarts.

All Spriggans have nearly similar M.P. like God Serena.Hiro himself said Spriggans are the strongest individual enemies FT ever faced.

It is never proven as yet END didn't create Curses.
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
Irene has much higher M.P. than Jellal.Her sheer aura made several people sweat.But none was ever afraid of Jellal's M.P. in the current Arc.Moreover Irene brought the Deus Sema in her Dragon form.So naturally Irene's Deus Sema>Jellal's.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Jura probably had similar M.P. like Gildarts.

All Spriggans have nearly similar M.P. like God Serena.Hiro himself said Spriggans are the strongest individual enemies FT ever faced.

It is never proven as yet END didn't create Curses.
Who cares about MP though. Natsu never seemed to be a threat for Brandish MP wise, until he beat Jacob and casually demolished an enhanced version of Neinhart. Spriggans who are supposed to be on a completely over level, and whose level of MP was never seen before, are getting stomped left and right.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I agree that he can't be backed by much since he lacks feats. But we have to consider portrayal too. Jellal one-shotted a Spriggan. Hiro Mashima wouldn't draw this if Jellal was below current standards.

As for Irene being stronger which makes her Sema stronger, I disagree. Sure, Irene was portrayed to be a top-tier character. But her feats don't match. Anyways, I admit that I can't really argue here or it will only lead to circular argument.

Anyways, I'm curious as to what has Erza shown for people to place her so high in the rankings? Half of her fights were fueled by PoF. And the other half weren't that impressive. Like I said, her strongest attack was only able to take out an injured Ajeel.
Well it depends. Hiro drew Jellal defeated by the hands of someone who Hiro portrayed as similar to Irene. It's just how Hiro works. When the time comes for Jellal to be given a shot at someone strong like August/Irene, then we will see Jellal in a better light.

PoF is essentially power, just about everyone in FT uses it. Not to the astronomical proportions as ch519 though. Erza does have endurance at the highest level.

I have to disagree here. Taking portrayal into account, Erza's Nakagami Armor was hyped to be the strongest armor she ever had. There is no way one unnamed sword slash can exceed the power of Nakagami Starlight. It would take a lot of convincing for me to agree here. I also want to point out that I don't account for PoF in this fight. So that may be the reason why we see it differently.

It's true that Sema can be cut. But to completely cancel or destroy an attack, that means your power must equal the power of what you're hitting. I can't really judge what Irene's attack power is since her hype and feats aren't consistent. But we know Erza's power isn't that high. So I can't hype the meteor to be that strong either.
I have no doubt in my mind that the sword slash she used against that meteor was stronger than Nakagami Starlight against Ajeel. Simply because of PoF/Makarov's power was just that high. Starlight is her best attack no doubt, just the power difference between the Erza's has changed.

Erza just used that much power there. Sema itself might not be that powerful to begin with, perhaps.

I agree. Neinhart's durability may be the worst, but then Jellal was using Grand Chariot which is an attack that Jellal always resorts to unlike Sema which is when he is forced into a dangerous situation (like his fight against Jura).
Yea well the same can be said for Natsu. He punched out Neinhart with a signature/easy move. I think it's fair to say Jellal's GC is about the same as Natsu's base FD Iron Fist. Then with Sema, I'd probably go up to FDK Roar. But not over it, and if I did it wouldn't be by much.

That's true. But in terms of validity, both can be erroneous. Mard Geer's statements were pure lies. But Erza's judgement is not credible either considering she hasn't even seen Jellal use Sema yet.
Oh I agree. I'm not really trying to prove that Erza is saying the truth, just that she didn't say anything dubious if you account for what we actually know.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Who cares about MP though. Natsu never seemed to be a threat for Brandish MP wise, until he beat Jacob and casually demolished an enhanced version of Neinhart. Spriggans who are supposed to be on a completely over level, and whose level of MP was never seen before, are getting stomped left and right.
As you said it yourself M.P. doesn't always make you a good fighter though.But when any spell is casted M.P. plays a huge part because you are using magic from your reserve to create that particular spell.Naturally Irene will have more M.P. compared to Jellal to create a much stronger variation of Sema.

Both using the same spell but the difference is made because Irene can create that with her immense M.P. in her Dragon form which Jellal cannot.But in physical stat Irene is not good.
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,060
Reaction score
1,111
Age
36
Country
United States
Um, Gray only got stopped by that robot because it was his exact counter, the second he swapped with Juvia he trashed it.

How was that POF? Genuinely curious. All that happened was he got enraged, charged a spell (that changed the entire skyline) and then hit Neinhart and his ship. If anything Jellal's one feat in this arc got ruined because of chap 500 where base Natsu one-shotted Neinhart with an unnamed punch whilst making a POF speech. So yeah, not seeing how Jellal's feat in Hargeon was POF..

Agreed here, Red Lightning came out of nowhere. That said, he has been hyped to be capable of casually one-shotting Spriggans, so you can't exactly discredit the guy.

Definitely agreed here.

Wendy enchanted her sword with Dragon Slaying magic, that was the main thing that allowed Erza to beat Irene (besides the metric shit ton of POF), you can't claim it was Erza's power that made the difference against Dragon-Irene when she had to rely on Wendy's power.

Such as? I don't often take part in Erza theads so again, genuine question.

People question Erza's hype because she's the poster girl for POF. After Erza vs Azuma, Erza vs Kyoka and Erza vs Irene, you can hardly blame people for being skeptical. And this is doubly true in the case of her slicing Deus Sema, as she was nearing it she spouted off a friendship speech, naturally people are going to call BS on it, especially considering that every bone in her body (bar her right arm) was broken. Add on the fact that she went on to knock Irene out of her dragon form... yeah, I really don't see how you can blame them. Because it's either:

- An Erza that's been battered by Ajeel, battered by Historias, battered by Berserkers, battered by Irene's enchantment blasts, with ALL of her bones broken can break a meteor whilst healthy top tiers can't.

Or

- That Meteor is weak sauce unless it hits the ground, and can be broken before it arrives.

I think we both know which is more logical out of those two options.

Wait.. are you genuinely saying that hype for Jellal is just accepted? Are you having a giggle? :kappa

This is the same Jellal that constantly gets the piss taken out of him because he had one good feat that was turned into a laughing stock after chapter 500. In fact, people tend to ignore that he:

- Reacted to and intercepted Neinhart's nuke when Erza and Kagura only noticed it last second
- Hardly had any damage done to him by Neinhart's nuke (he was pinned underwater by an anchor, of course he's going to be unconscious)

Seriously, Jellal may still have some people that still buy his hype, but even his fans (me included) admit that his feats haven't been spectacular.

As for Laxus he has feats to back his hype up, even though I think he's overhyped by some, it's flat out laughable to say that his hype has been proven false when he's been portrayed to one-shot Spriggans and actually did one-shot one the second he got passed his immunity.

Even ignoring those points, the reason why their hype is bought is because they've always been top-tiers in previous arcs, and while that may be about to change (I obvious want Jellal to stay top-tier, but it's looking less and less likely) you can't blame people for being cautious about Jellal seeing as how we've only seen two different extremes from him (one-shotting a Spriggan and being stomped by August), and all we've seen from Laxus is him one-shotting a Spriggan and him being hyped as one-shotting another.

Do make note that the Spriggan Laxus was hyped to one-shot was the same Spriggan that would have killed Erza.

Also, why did you bring in Laxus?

Yeah, but Sema hype is completely different, the reasons people were hyped for Sema in GMG was because:

- Jura crapped himself at the mere sight of the gathering clouds (and back then, Jura was the one to beat)
- Ultear had to interrupt him or it would blow his cover (so it's a big spell)
- It was a new Heavenly Body spell (they've always been cool and pretty damned powerful)

Besides, we only saw the gathering of clouds in GMG, meaning that people would have had crazy ideas as for what it was. Basically, the hype is similar to the GOI only Sema actually delivered when we saw it in Tartaros.

What? Canonically around each other from the start? Jellal would have killed her in the ToH had she been left to fight him, the only reason she survived then was thanks to Natsu showing up to help and Simon blocking Altaris, and for most of that fight Jellal was restricting himself so that he wouldn't bust the tower. On top of that, no way were they equals in the GMG, the fight between Jellal and Jura heavily hinted that Sema would either outright KO Jura or heavily injure him, on the other hand Mira said she wasn't sure if her and Erza together could beat him.

With this being said, it doesn't really matter as pre-skip feats are useless now, and seeing all the foreshadowing that has been left, Jellal is likely to face August again with help, which is where we'll get to see his actual power level (unless Mashima wants to troll him more of course).

Mashima hinted with Deus Sema? Not really, consider this: Erza hasn't even seen Jellal use Sema before. All she saw was the gathering of clouds in the GMG, then it got interrupted. Not meaning to bash Irene, but Erza hyping up Deus Sema as stronger than Jellal's Sema means absolutely nothing as she hasn't seen the latter...
Gray was stoped by his exact counter who should be levels below him. Kind of like current natsu being stopped by start of series juvia. It just doesnt compute

Being enraged is example of pof.

Laxus cant causally one shot a springgan. He is only slightly stronger than normal springgan.

Yes wendy allowed erza to side step irene immunity. The powers were erza alone. Wendy didn't give erza power like laxus did in tenrou arc

Erza is not given any feat. There is no example. But other people get erza feats. Like apparently everyone can stop deus sema or end mode natsu and ds gray punch. Or laxus being able to dodge irene claw. Even though he hasnt even shown to dodge a huge nuke like the one erza dodged.

Ajee had advantage over erza. He never faced erza pound to pound. After wards she was clearly weakened.
Deus sema wasnt weak. Manga hyped it alot. Pof erza is just that strong.

Yes. Jellal hype accepted. Thats why without any feats people still people he can give erza high diff fight here.
Erza might have noticed it before. Its not her duty to defend kugura. She doesnt think of kagura as weak.

No laxus feat doesnt back his hype. His feats are below erza at the moment by a reasonable margin.
And of course barely anyone question wahl offensive abilities for not being able to put even half dead laxus down

They were top tiers along with erza. At no point were they ever stronger than her.
Erm you might have forgotten toh. Only reason jellal didbt die after getting low diff by erza because erza felt sorry for him. And then when erza hugged him. Jellal put that trap on her.
If that how you think we should judge people strength
Than bos erza was stronger than gildarts. Because i am sure she make him hug her like jellal did.
Non of toh jellal feats were above pre ts erza. Non at all

I think we can take mira statement with a pinch of salt. Mira had never seen jura even do magic
Jura had no feat above erza at all. He failed to deliver his hyoe by losing to someone who wasnt even stronger than erza
Now you remember sema. People thought it will do a number on him. See how people accepted his hype.
Now erza destroyed dues sema. And people are coming up with different reasons to dehype deus sema.
Where were these people in gmg arc.

And you are also an example now ; )
You came with a logical reason. That erza never saw jellal sema. So we shouldnt take that seriously
But for some reason. You never questioned mira statement of jura hype. Even though she has never seen him do magic
You accpted other people hype with out questions. But erza hype, that just doesnt seems right
:)
 
Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well it depends. Hiro drew Jellal defeated by the hands of someone who Hiro portrayed as similar to Irene. It's just how Hiro works. When the time comes for Jellal to be given a shot at someone strong like August/Irene, then we will see Jellal in a better light.

PoF is essentially power, just about everyone in FT uses it. Not to the astronomical proportions as ch519 though. Erza does have endurance at the highest level.
Hmmm... I guess we'll just have to disagree then.

I don't know about Erza having the highest level of endurance though. Many make that claim based off of her PoF scenes. I hate to use the same example, but again, that clearly didn't show in her fight against Ajeel.

I have no doubt in my mind that the sword slash she used against that meteor was stronger than Nakagami Starlight against Ajeel. Simply because of PoF/Makarov's power was just that high. Starlight is her best attack no doubt, just the power difference between the Erza's has changed.

Erza just used that much power there. Sema itself might not be that powerful to begin with, perhaps.
Fair enough. But I'm not sure if she'd get the same amount of PoF/Makarov's power if she fought Jellal.

Yea well the same can be said for Natsu. He punched out Neinhart with a signature/easy move. I think it's fair to say Jellal's GC is about the same as Natsu's base FD Iron Fist. Then with Sema, I'd probably go up to FDK Roar. But not over it, and if I did it wouldn't be by much.
Sema is noticeably stronger than Grand Chariot, in my opinion. Back in the GMG, Grand Chariot did nothing against Jura. He easily blocked the attack without taking any damage. Whereas with Sema, Jura was sweating.

Oh I agree. I'm not really trying to prove that Erza is saying the truth, just that she didn't say anything dubious if you account for what we actually know.
Yeah, I can agree with that. Also, you may have the last word if you so wish. I get what you mean. I just disagree.
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,448
Reaction score
18,767
Country
United States
Erza low-mid (mid is super generous). Breaks a vastly stronger version of his strongest spell w/all her bones broke lol. Erza blitzes the heck out of Jellal. Did you see how fast that meteor was? The dude couldn't even tank Neinhart don't see him tanking anything from a serious Erza.

Also Jellal's Sema has charge time unlike Irene's so Erza just needs to slash him rather than the meteor.
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
While I understand that Erza has been quite overpowered (and maybe even exaggerated) over the last few chapters, I don't see any potential on Jellal's side either to give him the win.

Contrary to the majority of opinions, I think that it is fair to judge Jellal given how he has performed in the current arc. He isn't featless as far as I'm concerned. He's actually had a decent spotlight, but his performance just wasn't impressive overall.

Right now, I see nothing from Jellal that puts him out of the ordinary. His durability has shown to be average at most and his offensive power seems to be rather lacking and outdated.


And again, Erza has also had many battle advantages of her own. Since those don't apply to this battle, she won't be winning the way she did in the actual manga.

If anything, I see them as equals until Jellal can show something. The extent of his power has to at least exceed Ajeel's before I even consider him beating Erza.
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
Huh, when i first made the thread Jellal's votes were over twice Erza's and now Erza has taken the lead. I wonder if Jellal can pull ahead again...
 
Top