Jimbei vs The Monster Trio (Individually)

Jimbei Vs Monster Trio (Individually)

  • Can Beat All 3 Individually

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Loses to All 3 Individually

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Loses Only to Luffy

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Loses Only to Zoro & Luffy

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Tie

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other

    Votes: 5 16.7%

  • Total voters
    30

Naruffy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
783
Reaction score
317
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think it's obvious that Jimbei would win underwater, but does anyone this that he could beat each of the monster trio on land? Or only Zoro & Luffy ext. (since people think that him joining would mess up the monster trio).
 

UnknownMugiwara

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2011
Messages
304
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
I think Jinbei joining would make a new Monster Trio (Zoro-Sanji-Jinbei), and making Luffy above the Trio.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Underwater... Hmmm, not all 3 at one time.
But certainly would give them a shitload of trouble, but in 1vs1 underwater, the result is already clear.

In the land, I think all of them have the same chances to defeat each other. I may even say that Luffy may be stronger than him on the land.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
It seems kind of obvious that Jinbei is around the level of Sanji & Zoro , Luffy being the only one cleary above.
I don't think you will have many different opinions on this thread
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
As Jinbei fought with Luffy briefly before facing Hody and his gang, I assumed Jinbei was still a bit stronger than him. So like 1. Jinbei 2. Luffy 3 Zoro 4 Sanji.

However ever since the recent invite and with the unwritten rule, saying that the captain has to be always the strongest, I have to put Luffy above Jinbei. So my ranking would be like 1. Luffy 2. Jinbei 2. Zoro 3. Sanji. But eventually he will be weaker than Zoro as well, since he is the first mate. Regardless, the difference between each is rly just slim gap. Much like Enies Lobby Lucci vs Luffy.
 

manelmachado

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
14
Reaction score
2
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
it's still too early to tell because we dont know the full strengh of each person, not even luffy
 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
it's still too early to tell because we dont know the full strengh of each person, not even luffy
I agree; right now it's hard to gauge. I'd have to go with the Monster Trio on the basis of what we've seen of them all so far post time-skip; even if Jinbe's the strongest individually, I'm sure the Trio are all close enough to him in strength that, together, they could beat him.
 

guegoblok

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
50
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
The time skip would hold the definite answer to this question.

If Zoro has beaten Mihawk, he can certainly beat jinbei. I think it's safe to say that Sanji would be Jinbei's okama bitch :D. hahahaha

So I'll vote Luffy > Zoro > Jinbei > Sanji

I mean he's a feakin sichibukai for goodness sake, he can't be the last....
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
If Zoro has beaten Mihawk, he can certainly beat jinbei.
I know you are just talking about the possibility of Zoro beating Mwk, but I don't understand why some ppl are even believing in that "possibility". By beating Mwk, Zoro would be high tier, means capable of fighting Yonko/Admiral equal. Not to mention his main reason and dream to join Luffy would have been already fulfilled. Meanwhile you have to consider that we are not even in the New World. So I don't see how his dream can be already fulfilled.
 

Naruffy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
783
Reaction score
317
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The time skip would hold the definite answer to this question.

If Zoro has beaten Mihawk, he can certainly beat jinbei. I think it's safe to say that Sanji would be Jinbei's okama bitch :D. hahahaha

So I'll vote Luffy > Zoro > Jinbei > Sanji

I mean he's a feakin sichibukai for goodness sake, he can't be the last....
When did Zoro beat Mihawk exactly? He did not get to that level over the timeskip. Crocodile and Moria were both Shichibukai yet they where beaten by a pre-timeskip Luffy, so just being a Shichibukai doesn't mean he has to be stronger than Sanji and or Zoro.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,924
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Moria's and crocodile's defeats were very circumstantial. I honestly doubt pre time skip luffy would win against them before the time skip once plot elements are reduced. Lets remember moria did kinda handle luffy without trying the first time they fought and crocodile did give luffy the fodder treatment the first two times they fought. Gear 2 was not accounted for at either time however given what we saw it would not necessarily be easy (its not like crocodile was one shoted by luffy during the war and he did use gear 2).

As for the thread, I really can't help but thinking that jinbe is still slightly above them. I would think that all of them are in the same tier at large however jinbe is still the older more experienced one. IMO the best case scenario is that luffy is his equal.
 

RezzieThaRapper

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2009
Messages
867
Reaction score
406
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I say any of them could beat Jinbe on Land, none of the fights would be an instant win... Luffy and Zoro would win their battle with less effort the Sanji...

Sanji and Jinbe would probably go at it for 5 Days... (Yes, I just compared Sanji to Ace)
 

ErosVp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
391
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Only considering the plot purpose I believe Jinbei loses to Luffy and Zoro, but ties with Sanji...
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Luffy would probably lose, since his DF makes the greatest difficulty here. Zoro has proven to be faster than a Fishmen underwater and I'm sure Sanji is as faster as him. BUT Zoro has the upper hand, since his cuts pretty much can cut any wave. Sanji would probably have a harder time, since both are martial artists.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,924
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, luffy has the disadvantage of being a DF user. If jinbe has access to enough water he could weaken him enough to win by simply getting large volumes of water around his body ( like the technique he used to help crocodile infiltrate a battleship).

Zoro would perhaps have the best time defending as his slashes should be able to cut and block a degree of water attacks and his range should perhaps even be superior to jinbe's.

Sanji's fight would be one of water vs fire which would be interesting to say the least.

I still get the impression jinbe would have the upperhand though. Against luffy because of the DF and against zoro purely in the fighting part...
 

ErosVp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
391
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't belive Luffy would have a harder time because he is a DF user.... It is just a matter of who is stroger, no admiral or younkou o Shichibukai (Hancok for example) would be at too much disadvantage, it is more that Jinbei gets stronger near water not the others get weaker! He can do damage to a DF user, but is the damage greater because of the DF? The only one who wuld be at a really disadvantage against Jinbei because of his DF is Crocodile....
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,924
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Circumstantial events of how abilities affect each other is a big part of battles. More so, we have actually seen things like having the water level at the level of your knees already significantly weakens a DF user (remember brook at the fishman palace or luffy fighting the kraken). If jinbe has a large enough supply of water he could easily use techniques (say, the technique he used to help crocodile infiltrate the battleship or the technique he used to deal with moria's zombies) which use large volumes of water and cover a wide range to keep luffy kinda submerged so to speak. Even if momentarily being in the middle of those techniques would completely surround luffy with water than the hammer effect would activate thus weakening luffy. Even if for a moment, it would have a huge effect on the battle.
 

ErosVp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
391
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Naruffy said in the first post of the thread he wanted us to speculate about a fight on land, since In the water Jinbei would have the upperhand.... Jinbei on land, even if there is a small pond, would have enough water other them those water shots, the umidity, etc... He would have enough to harm anyone but not to weaken DF user don't you agree? To weaken a DF he would have to drag him in the water....
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,924
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, take a look at the moria example I mentioned earlier.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v57/c558/11.html

It is an land fight however jinbe is still able to use such attacks. I guess it depends on how large a water body there is around though. I would argue not having a water body would be too much of a limiting factor as many of his techniques would be unusable.
 

ErosVp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
391
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I always thought Jinbei or something made a hole at the ice, used the move from the sea and jumped back on the ice to take Moria..... Maybe he didn't even had to enter the water, just pull the water manipulating it with the hands....

Anyway, I still think Luffy and zoro would win on land and Sanji would tie!
 
Top