Theory Joy Boy and the ope ope no mi

MrCristian

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2012
Messages
71
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
I have a bit of a wild theory, which states that Joy boy was the previous owner of the ope ope no mi and he used the immortality operation on Im-sama, thus cursing her (yes, I'm also implying that Im is a woman for various reason I'll keep to myself for now until I get more proof) to live forever to see her dreams destroyed by those who carry the will of D or as a prank. That story was written on the poneglyph that Roger and his crew read, thus being a really funny story and they all started laughing and Im is trying really hard to hide it in order to avoid shame.
Also Joy Boy is pretty much confirmed as a giant now with Elbaf arc coming after Wano and the straw hat that Im is keeping most likely belonged to him and now Luffy reminds Im of Joy Boy.

I'm not much of a theorist, I've followed in the shadows for years and was one of the first people to predict that Tobi was in fact Obito, but never posted it anywhere and I regretted it a little when it was revealed. Now trying to avoid the same thing from happening twice, I entrust you with my theory. I had so many that I got right, it's crazy haha. Here's the latest example:
A while back I also guessed that Oden was fighting on par with Kaido, maybe even winning, only to getbdistracted bynone of Kaido's crewmates but got one tiny detail wrong.
"Mark my words on this, the ultimate betrayal of Orochi: Oden will be fighting Kaido on par, maybe even winning until Kaido or someone from Kaido's crew threatens to kill Orochi, Oden gives up in order to save him and finds out afterwards that Orochi betrayed both him and his father. "
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
That would mean that the One Piece is just a funny story written on the Poneglyphs.

However, that cannot be true because:
  • The author confirmed that the One Piece is a real physical reward.
  • The One Piece is not a Poneglyph or its text, since they have been refereed as distinct things. I.e. Rayleigh said he was willing to reveal the story of the world to the Straw Hats, despite agreeing to keep the One Piece still a secret.
  • I doubt the Roger Pirates would laugh at someone's humiliation.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Im seems to be evil, no? If he/she is, then I don't think Joyboy would want them to live forever and possibly hurt people. I could see someone else making Im immortal though, or Im could be the descendant or someone who somehow found a way to become the actual ruler.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,920
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Where was an elbaf arc confirmed?

Also... one of the first people to theorize tobi was obito? As in, litetally everyone who reads the chapter where tobi was introduced for the first time?
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Also... one of the first people to theorize tobi was obito? As in, litetally everyone who reads the chapter where tobi was introduced for the first time?
Yeah, Tobi's identity was an awful mystery.

People just refused to believe because it would be too easy, and the timeline didn't make sense.

In the end, Kishimoto just disappointed.

Kanjuro reveal wasn't that much of a surprise, but it was still way better than Tobi.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,920
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Yeah, Tobi's identity was an awful mystery.

People just refused to believe because it would be too easy, and the timeline didn't make sense.

In the end, Kishimoto just disappointed.

Kanjuro reveal wasn't that much of a surprise, but it was still way better than Tobi.
Yeah, I still remember that... people at the most didn't want tobi to be obito because it was so absurdly evident it was not even a real mystery. Rather than people theorizing on whether he was obito, the issue was the sheer number of people who didn't want him to be obito...

The kanjuro bit was also pretty obvious though I didn't exactly catch it because I was unfamiliar with the significance of his appearance and kabuki plays in general. At the time I thought kanjuro was just an idiot, which fits with plenty of characters in the series... In a sense the main difference is that oda wasn't even trying to hide kanjuro's loyalties, oda was pretty much screaming that kanjuro was a traitor the entire time. You just needed basic knowledge about kabuki plays or whatever.
 

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's weird to see the Kanjuro reveal "not that much of a surprise". I vividly remember these forums during those days, and can't recall many people guessing that. Most people were shaming anyone who thought any of the 9RS would be a traitor. It was a weird time.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,920
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
It's weird to see the Kanjuro reveal "not that much of a surprise". I vividly remember these forums during those days, and can't recall many people guessing that. Most people were shaming anyone who thought any of the 9RS would be a traitor. It was a weird time.
Welp, I don't expect most of the people here to actually be familiar with kabuki plays and kanjuro's outfit. But if you are familiar with those then this actually is extremely obvious
 

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Welp, I don't expect most of the people here to actually be familiar with kabuki plays and kanjuro's outfit. But if you are familiar with those then this actually is extremely obvious
Hindsight is 20/20.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,920
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Sure, but that doesn't really apply to this situation...
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Im is Luffy and/or Nami, if gender is relevant than probably female, in any case scenario there's ample of mythological background and it's all mashed up anyways.

I have written about this a lot in the past and I have recently stumbled upon someone with similar thoughts as mine. Really excited me, felt like confirmation about my speculation that Joy Boy is Ace. And the whale thing, too...

But basically: If you want to find out anything, look into the deepest references behind this story, which all are picked for certain reason.
 
Top