Done [JP] Deciphering some grammar

Dancing wind

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
53
Reaction score
12
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Hello everyone,

I was trying to translate a chapter of Higanjima and everything was going well, until I got confused by the grammar and the colloquial endings again. I think I have gotten the meaning right from the context but without it I'd be lost. I have tried to find an explanation somewhere but without success so far. Any pointers would be much appreciated. I have marked the sentences in question.

The page

Igarashi: お前が いくら 特異体質だから とはいえ
Just how unique is your body though?
Igarashi: 同じ様に 死ぬやも しれんのだぞ
You might die as well.
Miyabi: それはそれで
If that's the case
Miyabi: 楽しみではないですか
isn't it fun?

151
SFX: ガシャッ ガシャッ *shackles closing*
Igarashi: 4番よ
Subject 4
Igarashi: お前に これが何か わかるか?
Do you understand what this is?
Igarashi: お前の 同族の血だ
It's your family's blood.
Igarashi: 貴様の体内に 注入する
I'm going to inject it into your body.
Miyagi: ほう
Ha!

152
Miyabi: それは
This is
Miyabi: 楽しみだ
going to be fun.
Igarashi: 貴様は
You
Igarashi: これに恐怖を 感じないのか?
aren't you afraid of this?
Igarashi: 違う吸血鬼の血を 入れる事は
I have heard that mixing blood with another vampire
Igarashi: 貴様の一族の 禁忌だと聞いた
is forbidden in your family.
Igarashi: それを言った奴は 注入後 破裂して 死亡したよ
The guy who said that exploded after the injection and died.
Igarashi: 他の吸血鬼でも 結果は同じだった
The result has been the same with other vampires.
Igarashi: お前が いくら 特異体質だから とはいえ
Just how unique is your body though?
Igarashi: 同じ様に 死ぬやも しれんのだぞ
You might die as well.
Miyabi: それはそれで
If that's the case
Miyabi: 楽しみではないですか[/B]
isn't it fun?
 
Last edited:

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
(1)
お前が いくら 特異体質だから とはいえ
同じ様に 死ぬやも しれんのだぞ。

These lines make a single sentence, not 2 separate sentences.
=オマエがいくら特異体質でも、(他の吸血鬼と)同様に死ぬかもしれない。

(2)
それはそれで楽しみではないですか。
This is a rhetorical question but I think you could just change it to an affirmative sentence as well: Isn't it something that I can look forward to?/That's something that I can look forward to... or... That will be interesting as well. I probably will not use the word "fun."
 

Dancing wind

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
53
Reaction score
12
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Thank you very much, mikkih! Your responses are always helpful! Now that I look at the sentences again, it all makes sense.
 
Top