- Joined
- Jul 18, 2009
- Messages
- 8
- Reaction score
- 2
- Age
- 38
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I'm translating the extra content at the end of volume 4 of Tegami Bachi, which is supposedly written by Dr. Thunderland, a character from the world of the manga who doesn't ever appear in it. He's talking about certain aspects of the world and the organization they work for. He talks about his son, who works for the Amberground biochemistry advisory committee, gathering data about and investigating all kinds of living beings, and reporting the results to the government.
And here is where I find something I don't get. He says:
"なんやアメドラになりそうなノリやなー。"
I have no idea what アメドラ refers to, and I'm pretty sure it's not something in the manga itself. Any ideas?
Then, he says he works for the "世界科学班"; is that "sociology (group/section, whatever)"? I found that "世界" could mean society. What do you think?
And lastly, just after that he says: "なにを隠そう尻隠そう、 このユウサリヨダカ地方における最高科学機関やで。" I don't know if that first part is a kind of joke or what.
Thanks very much in advance!
And here is where I find something I don't get. He says:
"なんやアメドラになりそうなノリやなー。"
I have no idea what アメドラ refers to, and I'm pretty sure it's not something in the manga itself. Any ideas?
Then, he says he works for the "世界科学班"; is that "sociology (group/section, whatever)"? I found that "世界" could mean society. What do you think?
And lastly, just after that he says: "なにを隠そう尻隠そう、 このユウサリヨダカ地方における最高科学機関やで。" I don't know if that first part is a kind of joke or what.
Thanks very much in advance!