Done [JP] Help with a few phrases

lukz07

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 10, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I have a few doubts with this translation, I spent a lot of time searching, but I couldn’t do it by myself, help me please...

This is the previous sentence:
香澄さんはオヤジの秘書でウチの家政婦さん週3回くらい来てもらってる Kasumi-san is my father’s secretary and she comes tree times a week as a housekeeper

This is the one I don´t really get
あ でも数週間前から週1にしてもらった ah, but a few weeks ago, actually a week ago I decided that

I’m not sure of this “週1にしてもらった”, does it means “It was decided” “I decided”? And I’m not sure to how it’s related with the first part

And this is the next phrase, and not really sure if it is ok
俺も4月からオヤジの会社の入るけど跡継ぎってことで社員にはいいとこ見せておきたい I’ll get in my father’s company in April, but being (as) the heir, I want to show my best to the employees


I have doubts whit this next 3 sentences:
香澄さんにできる男だとアピ-ルしたい! I wanna be worthy for Kasumi-san, I want to attract her! / call her attention (The guy is thinking this)

さすがです!もう社員としての自覚がおありですね! As expected from you! You are ready to become a member of the company! (And imaging that the girl is saying this)

なんでそうなるんですか!? Why would you do this!? (The dude is getting pushed)



And finally I have no idea of what this means:
俺もうなにがなにやら (I think that he is trying to make her stop)

Thanks XD

---------- Post added August 15, 2012 at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was August 14, 2012 at 12:26 AM ----------

mikkihさんどこにいるんですか? 助けてください~~
 
Last edited:

serizawa

ならぬことはならぬ
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2008
Messages
72
Reaction score
80
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
A quick and dirty response :P

香澄さんはオヤジの秘書でウチの家政婦さん週3回くらい来てもらってる
あ でも数週間前から週1にしてもらった

Kasumi-san is my father’s secretary and she comes three times a week as a housekeeper
(great trans! :super)
Ah, but we requested and since a few weeks ago, she started coming once a week (only) (something along these lines is fine)


俺も4月からオヤジの会社の入るけど跡継ぎってことで社員にはいいとこ見せておきたい
I’ll get in my father’s company in April, but being (as) the heir, I want to show my best to the employees.


This is fine :) You can use something like "I want to impress the employees" too.


香澄さんにできる男だとアピ-ルしたい!
I wanna be worthy for Kasumi-san, I want to attract her! / call her attention
(The guy is thinking this)
It's more like "I want Kasumi-san to see me as a reliable/ an able / a capable man!"

さすがです!もう社員としての自覚がおありですね!
As expected from you! You are ready to become a member of the company!
(And imaging that the girl is saying this)
How about something like "You're really great! You already behave like an employee of this company!"

なんでそうなるんですか!?
Why would you do this!?
(The dude is getting pushed)
I don't get the exact meaning of "getting pushed", but maybe you can use just "Why!?"


And finally I have no idea of what this means:
俺もうなにがなにやら
It depends a bit on the context, but usually it means something like "Now I am totally clueless".

Hope this helps...
 

lukz07

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 10, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Thank you very much, it helps a lot, specially in the もうなにがなにやら.

なんでそうなるんですか!?
Why would you do this!? (The dude is getting pushed)
I don't get the exact meaning of "getting pushed", but maybe you can use just "Why!?"
English is not my first language, I meant that he is being forced to do something he doesn’t want. I guess I’m gonna go whit “Why are you doing this?”, gotta fill the bubble, you know...

Thanks, again XD
 
Top