- Joined
- Aug 22, 2014
- Messages
- 3
- Reaction score
- 0
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
While I think it's a bit rude of me for my first post to be a question, I thought of making an introduction post, but then I realized that making an introduction post just to ask a question (and not really to introduce myself to this community) would have been hypocritical and maybe even more rude, so I decided against it in the end.
So, I'm currently translating chapter 44 of Seiken no Blacksmith, and there's a sentence on this page that I have troubles translating.
The sentence I have troubles with is 俺のほうが相当だ. I see basically two possible meanings, but they're different, and I would therefore like to have someone else's opinion on this sentence.
The first thing I see it could mean is, by reading the whole sentence as something like 俺のほう[への貴方の気持ち]が相当だ, 相当 as ふさわしい, and ほう as "towards", "Your feelings towards me are suitable for me", i.e., "I accept your feelings" (she's actually asking him to marry her).
The second thing I see it could mean is, by reading the whole sentence as [貴方より]俺のほうが相当[好き]だ and 相当 as かなり, "I love you even more than you love me."
What do you think? Which one of these two meanings is the right one? Or are they both wrong?
Thank you in advance.
So, I'm currently translating chapter 44 of Seiken no Blacksmith, and there's a sentence on this page that I have troubles translating.
The sentence I have troubles with is 俺のほうが相当だ. I see basically two possible meanings, but they're different, and I would therefore like to have someone else's opinion on this sentence.
The first thing I see it could mean is, by reading the whole sentence as something like 俺のほう[への貴方の気持ち]が相当だ, 相当 as ふさわしい, and ほう as "towards", "Your feelings towards me are suitable for me", i.e., "I accept your feelings" (she's actually asking him to marry her).
The second thing I see it could mean is, by reading the whole sentence as [貴方より]俺のほうが相当[好き]だ and 相当 as かなり, "I love you even more than you love me."
What do you think? Which one of these two meanings is the right one? Or are they both wrong?
Thank you in advance.
Last edited:
