Done [JP]Help with sentence

nemui

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 28, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Hello. I need a little help with translating the following sentence:

でもま、なんとなくでも覚えてくれてた分マシかな。

I get what the character is saying but I have trouble putting it into words. Especially the part 分マシ is confusing me quite a bit. Any help would be appreciated!
 

nemui

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 28, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Sorry, I should have obviously put some context to that sentence.
This is the conversation the characters are having:

俺たちや、この風景に見覚えは?

なんとなく見覚えはあるような……

はぁ? でもま、なんとなくでも覚えてくれてた分マシかな。

The last sentence is something that I understand in context but I have trouble putting into words in English.
 

serizawa

ならぬことはならぬ
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2008
Messages
72
Reaction score
80
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Perhaps it helps if we break down the last sentence like this:
はぁ? 
でもま、
なんとなくでも覚えてくれてた分
マシかな

It means something like: "Huh? Oh well, at least you did remember, vaguely as it seems".
 

nemui

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 28, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
That's very similar to what I was thinking! Thank you.
 
Top