Done [JP] help with some translating

Jel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I need help with translating the parts that I circled in red. Those were the only panels I need help with, I was able to understand the rest. (This is a oneshot manga called "Maigo no Obakeyashiki" by Chiyori.)
My translation skills come to a halt when it comes to kanji without furigana.

#1

#2

#3

#4
I am not too sure about the sentence structure of the last bubble I circled. Does it mean that "your mind is similar to that of a kindergartener like my younger brother" ? and if it does, any way to make it sound more smooth in English?

Thanks for your time!

Edit// still need help with #1 and #4

edit 2//

Awesome, I've got all the help I needed. Thanks a lot Takadanama and Mikkih!
 
Last edited:

takadanama

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
331
Reaction score
928
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
Dunno why but those kanji with no furigana are Chinese.

Pic 2: Car pours along. (busy traffic or something like that)
Pic 3: What's with that look? (expression)
Pic 4: Who is it for?

and ofc suit urself with the context :)
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Jel

Jel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
That's actually what I had thought too, just wanted some confirmation to know I wasn't going nuts. Lol.

Thanks for your help!
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Edit// still need help with #1 and #4
1)私はいつも何かに期待している
The letter after 何 is not in Japanese. I would simply replace it with か.

2) Your interpretation is correct.
 

Jel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I substituted it for か in my head when I was reading it, lol. I'm gonna say that it now means "I was always expecting something."

Awesome, glad that I was on the right track!
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Use present tense instead of past.
期待している: Present, 期待していた: Past
 

Jel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Right, right. I knew it was present tense but I thought it might fit with the context more if I changed it to past tense. I was probably just butchering the meaning. Lol.
 
Top