Done [JP] Sentences in polite and archaic language

hakozaki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Introduction. Mary is a human colonel and Virgil a vampire noble.


Mary: こんばんは
Good evening,
マンチェスター伯。
Count of Manchester.

Virgil: いや
No.
我が王都に 巣 喰う おぞまし き 吸血鬼よ。

I take this to mean that he explains to her why his title no longer applies.


今宵 我らは 女王と神の名において 汝らを討ち滅ぼし にきた

Something or other was destroyed in the name of God and the Queen? But I don't understand who did what to whom. From what is seen, Virgil is pretty distraught and asks her why after this...
 
Last edited:

Sohma Riku

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2013
Messages
51
Reaction score
36
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
我が王都に 巣 喰う おぞまし き 吸血鬼よ。
我が = I am
王都に = in the royal capital
巣喰う= 巣食う = build a nest / hang out at,in
おぞまし き = horrific / dreadful
吸血鬼 = vampire
Translation: I'm just a dreadful vampire who's hanging out in the royal capital.


今宵 我らは 女王と神の名において 汝らを討ち滅ぼし にきた
今宵 = this evening / tonight
我らは= we did
女王と神 = god and the Queen
の名において = in the name of
汝らを = you (plural)
討ち滅ぼし = destroy / annihilate
にきた = come to
Translation: Tonight we came to annihilate you in the name of God and the Queen.

Well... I hope that helps out... these sentences aren't all that hard to translate if you just break them up in little parts. :)
 

hakozaki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Thank you so much for your help! My problem with the second sentence was that I thought Virgil (the vampire) said it, so of course the translation didn't make any sense. But now that I checked it's all clear :D
 

serizawa

ならぬことはならぬ
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2008
Messages
72
Reaction score
80
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
About the first tidbit:

Mary: こんばんは
Good evening,
マンチェスター伯。
Count of Manchester.

Virgil: いや
No.
我が王都に 巣 喰う おぞまし き 吸血鬼よ。
Probably, it's still Mary who's talking (not Virgil), since the translation of 我が王都に 巣 喰う おぞまし き 吸血鬼よ。 is something like "O dreadful vampire, you who has found your lair in our Capital".

The second tidbit seems okay to me.
 

hakozaki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
You're right, that's it! It wasn't Virgil who corrected her, but Mary corrected herself after she called him Count of Manchester. Thank you!
 
Top