Discussion - Jujutsu Kaisen Power Level Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Jujutsu Kaisen Power Level Thread

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Is this a spoiler free thread?

Tatsumaki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Well I would say most of the power scaling is pretty obvious :hmm
The one I would be questionning at the moment is Gojo Satoru / (Original) Ryomen Sukuna. But it's probably too early to discuss.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Ya, my question is exactly because of Megumi's last statement about Gojo.

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Megumi's last statement ? From which chapter ?

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This one, from chapter 145.

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Oh yeah well we know he could kill all people in Japan at once if he wanted, that he can't run out of cursed energy and that he never teams up with anyone because he's so strong they would be in his way. So the only problem is that we don't know anything about Sukuna's cursed technique. I think Malevolent shrine (the strongest technique we've seen from Sukuna) can go up to 200m max. It also seems he might be able to copy other techniques like he did for Jogo ? We don't have much info. I saw a theory saying his cursed technique might be linked to cooking since he can cut, cleave and has fire ?

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
This one, from chapter 145.

I think Megumi was more referring to the Kenjaku stuff with this statement, not Sukuna. He still doesn't know Sukuna is interested in him (Yuji hasn't said anything yet).
So it doesn't really tell us whether or not he is stronger than Sukuna.

How about this for a ranking then?
-Hanami
-Mahito
-Jogo
-Choso
-The squid curse (I forgot it's name)

Since they are all special grade :p So the lines are blurred a bit.

How would you rank them powerwise?

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think Megumi was more referring to the Kenjaku stuff with this statement, not Sukuna. He still doesn't know Sukuna is interested in him (Yuji hasn't said anything yet).
So it doesn't really tell us whether or not he is stronger than Sukuna.

How about this for a ranking then?
-Hanami
-Mahito
-Jogo
-Choso
-The squid curse (I forgot it's name)

Since they are all special grade :p So the lines are blurred a bit.

How would you rank them powerwise?
Megumi does know about Sukuna having plans for him if I'm not mistaken. They were talking about it.
But yeah, we don't know which one is stronger. My money on Gojo-sensei because he said:

Squid is Dagon. I think he's above the other three? Took 5 strong characters to take him down. Mahito had room for improvement according to Jogo. Jogo was toyed around in his two big fights, but easily dispatched (a exhausted) Nanami, Naobito and Maki. Hanami wasn't able to handle Itadori and Todo. Choso still alive but during the fight on the metro station he only stayed afar shooting, unlike Hanami and Jogo using CQC.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Mine would be:

1. Mahito (takin into account he was still immature and evolving)
2. Jogo (^)
3. Dagon
4. Hanami
5. Choso

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tatsu put Jogo 5th:gwah. Honestly, though he got stomped, it was against the 2 strongest and he's even earned Sukuna's praise. Really like his repertoire: speed, large AoE, and his volcanic domain. Mine would be:

1. Mahito: Huge pain in the ass Cheat code with his one-touch, shape-shifting, and domain. Insane growth
2. Jogo
3. Dagon: Only over Hanami because we've seen his domain.
4. Hanami: Really liked his cursed techniques. I think I saw Gege say he didn't know what his domain would be like lol.
5. Choso: Impressive 1v1, but don't think he measures up to the rest yet.

My money on Gojo-sensei because he said:
And my money is on The King of Curses :p. When the time comes, our battle will be legendary.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Tatsu put Jogo 5th:gwah. Honestly, though he got stomped, it was against the 2 strongest and he's even earned Sukuna's praise. Really like his repertoire: speed, large AoE, and his volcanic domain. Mine would be:

1. Mahito: Huge pain in the ass Cheat code with his one-touch, shape-shifting, and domain. Insane growth
2. Jogo
3. Dagon: Only over Hanami because we've seen his domain.
4. Hanami: Really liked his cursed techniques. I think I saw Gege say he didn't know what his domain would be like lol.
5. Choso: Impressive 1v1, but don't think he measures up to the rest yet.

And my money is on The King of Curses :p. When the time comes, our battle will be legendary.
Our ranking matches, I like it.
About Hanami's domain, it would be nice if it had the same effect of the Cursed Bud. The longer you fought inside the domain, the more you get your cursed energy drained.

I have good memory, I'll make sure to come back and claim my prize! hehe

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
1. Mahito/Jogo -Though honestly, I dont think he can transmute other Cursed Spirits. Unless I am forgetting something, I feel like his abilities don't work on other Curses. We've seen them work on humans, but not other Curses.
2. Jogo/Mahito - Jogo has the most firepower out of all the Special Grade Spirits. I think aside from Gojo, you could make a case for him having the best firepower in the whole series. And that's without using his domain expansion. His base techniques are too OP.
3. Dagon - His domain expansion involves water (The seaside view), so I feel this makes him a natural counter to Choso.
4. Choso - Blood bending needs more training sadly :(
5. Hanami - Honestly he doesn't really pack much of a punch with his techniques. I feel like the only dangerous one is that flower that buds in you, but aside from that all his other techniques are kinda easy to work around. He was losing to a Yuji who had just learned to finesse Cursed Energy, which is pretty lame. Also, Jogo burned down his garden :lmao

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If it have a Soul, Mahito can affect it. That's how his ability works. The fact that he only fought humans is because they are his only enemies. I still put Mahito at the top but only because he could keep evolving - Jogo himself said so. But yeah, Jogo still stronger. Not strong enough for Sukuna or Gojo but hey it's like a comparisson of Goku vs Krillin.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
If it have a Soul, Mahito can affect it. That's how his ability works.
But his ability didn't work on Sukuna. And at the time this was a Sukuna who had just eaten two fingers. I feel like there are limits to his abilities. Jogo was said to be stronger than Sukuna at the time, so Idk. Then again maybe Sukuna can just hax his way out of every ability.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
But his ability didn't work on Sukuna. And at the time this was a Sukuna who had just eaten two fingers. I feel like there are limits to his abilities. Jogo was said to be stronger than Sukuna at the time, so Idk. Then again maybe Sukuna can just hax his way out of every ability.
Oh, no. That's a different case. It isn't that he can't affect Sukuna. It's because Yuji's body hosting two souls become something different - by entering in contact with Yuji inner self, he also contact Sukuna who's way above him. That's the limit. Someone stronger than him. It's how Kurenai can't Genjutsu Itachi.

Jogo = 8 fingers. In Shibuya Yuji had around 15.

I will check later what Mahito said, to give you the correct info. But basically having two souls not only make Yuji become something else plus entering into contact with his soul insta-trigger Sukuna. And Sukuna is chaotic.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Maybe he can copy Curses too. Like how he used fire. That bit is still very weird to me.

Then, rank these :p
1.Nanami
2.Mei Mei
3.Todo
4.Geto (Original)
5.Toji. (Alive)
Ya, Sukuna can copy curses. Or maybe he already knows a lot of techniques because he's thousand years old.

Gotta rank those later, but I do think Toji can clap 'em cheeks easy.

Riverskull

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The rank of curses would be:

1.- Jogo
2.- Mahito
3.- Dagon
4.- Choso
5.- Hanami

And that last one would be

1.- Toji
2.- Geto
3.- Todo
4.- MeiMei/Nanami

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
My ranking would be

Curses :

1. Mahito
2. Jogo
3. Dagon
4. Choso
5. Hanami (I really wish we had gotten to see his Domain Expansion. Hanami had quite a bit of potential imo. I feel he was killed too early.)

Sorcerers :

1. Toji
2. Geto
3. Toudou
4. Nanami
5. Mei Mei

Speaking of power levels, where would you guys put Toji in an overall list (meaning one with all characters included)?