Jump Festa 2018

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,217
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
Interesting sounds awesome but not getting my hope hopes up though. Wonde who/what that legend will be.
 

modoki

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
312
Reaction score
178
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
This is too early for Blackbeard to take the stage. It is definitely not him.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,679
Reaction score
61,389
Gender
Male
Country
France
Can't it be Weevil?(I know he appeared already but still, the SHs don't know him) Or since he said legends it must be someone from Whitebeard's generation? Even if it's not Weevil I think he will probably be related to him.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think it's anyone we've seen yet. My guess would be one of the level 6 prisoners from Impel Down. I don't consider Weevil a legend.
 

GodOfDestruction

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2015
Messages
230
Reaction score
228
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oda is about to shake the world.
 

BetaRuler

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
382
Reaction score
89
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
My god get this year over with already i can barely wait!

Just thinking about The reverie excites me enough as it is.
 

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The way he's alluding to this enemy and their introduction makes me think we won't have seen them before. Really wondering who this could be? Maybe the third Marine Admiral, or something. Maybe Kaido isn't the next big bad?

With Oda anything is possible though. I don't want to think it's Weevil, but Kizaru DID compare Weevil to Whitebeard (in his prime). As in, the Whitebeard who was tossing Akainu around like a rag doll, making short work of Teach, breaking out of Aokiji's ice, smashing giants, summoning tsunamis. So it's possible. He just doesn't seem smart enough to be a centerpiece for a major war. Him and his mother are almost a tribute to Majin Buu / Babidi, who were pretty all powerful in DBZ, so maybe...
 
Last edited:

MOYcano 0.23

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2009
Messages
325
Reaction score
190
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
I think Kaido is related to Whitebeard in the sense he crave for that thing achieved by the old man: to finally die. [SFMBE]
 

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Related to Whitebeard - Weevil!!
Legend - Scopper Gaban

But I don't buy into the hype authors bring.... even if its Oda....

Kishimoto had announced Year of Kakashi, huge revelation etc... and all was a disappointment.. Cant see why Oda wont do the same.
 

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Related to Whitebeard - Weevil!!
Legend - Scopper Gaban

But I don't buy into the hype authors bring.... even if its Oda....

Kishimoto had announced Year of Kakashi, huge revelation etc... and all was a disappointment.. Cant see why Oda wont do the same.
Yeah especially since this feels like the third year in a row I've seen "WANO IS COMING" at Jump Festa...
 

Dragonflame

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 19, 2017
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Age
37
Country
Netherlands
Oda is tricky! 'Related to whitebeard' can mean anything.

What i think he means is, related what happened to whitebeard and his devilfruit. I think Wano might be the moment VEGAPUNK gets introduced and we learn more about the devil fruits and their awakening. So luffy and maybe others get a powerup from that besides the haki developments he tries to go through now! ^^ That moment is the moment he'll be able to challenge a yonkou like kaido.

I think this is a good guess. I really can't wait for vegapunk.
 

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I cant think of any pirate other than WBs or Roger pirates being described as Legends..... So it could be Marco, but I think Scopper Gaban will show up. Or well, Shiki b. I like how the word "lurks" is used here, and Shiki's been in hiding for a while, this may be the events that enable his entry , however, its debatable that he's canon. Besides, him coming will clash with the movie timeline.. So Scopper Gaban will be a good intro, if it was him in the coverpage with Crocus and specially since this is going to be an INTRODUCTION!!

Blackbeard is the sworn enemy of the strawhats at this point of time. BB will either show up at the end of WCI, or Wano. If it is Wano, then it'll explain relation to Whitebeard as well. Weevil could be too, but doesn't make sense as the sworn enemy.

Oda, just don't screw it up. Its hard to set up and expectation and live up to it, but in your case, we have a little more faith.
 

keeper1h

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
732
Reaction score
702
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I just totally missed this message from Oda, I can only say: I love when he drops hints and spoilers :zomg
 
Top