Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Ice Revolution ending?! Why? lol Is it unpopular? I thought it was good and different.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

That is diapointing :( Such a good series. Ugh.

How many manga will Mayu Shinjo be doing now x_X Not that I'm disappointed, her transition to shonen should be interesting.
 
Last edited:

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

the BEST sq series cancelled? (also the second best manga i've ever read)

........... WHAT IS WRONG WITH JAPAN?!
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Anyone know the TOC for this month's issue?
BTW, in term of sales, is Kurenai and Tegami Bachi among the highest of square's titles? I mean, both series's most recent volume sold around 90,000k+. And what are square's other best selling titles?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Rosario and Claymore are most popular, Tegami, and then Kure Nai follow. Don't know how much the TOC matters, how much bearing fan polls are given (some at least), but there isn't anything to say the TOC is in order of most to least popular. More likely the order is decided by the editors. No one posts the TOC for SQ.

Damn shame about Ice Revolution. A truly special series. It will be missed.
 

Elyon A. Luna

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
232
Reaction score
13
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

#08 :
Ice Revolution (End)
¿AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH?

Geez, what's wrong with them?

Well, will stick with Ao no Exorcist.... That better not be cut, or I'll be pissed
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Rosario and Claymore are most popular, Tegami, and then Kure Nai follow. Don't know how much the TOC matters, how much bearing fan polls are given (some at least), but there isn't anything to say the TOC is in order of most to least popular. More likely the order is decided by the editors. No one posts the TOC for SQ.
Actually, if you look back a few pages, there were a couple posted by Heiji-sama. Not sure how much they mean but still...
 

Lingwe

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2008
Messages
106
Reaction score
106
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I'm hoping someone will scan the Kano oneshot this month, wink wink.
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

It's been scanned.

Lingwe, wanna do a trans of it? `-')

Let me know if you do, I'll go hunting for a Jump SQ scanner to re-scan it.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

The kano one shot was surprisingly different from what have gotten on our hands earlier. Lots of blood if you ask me but man he can draw out serious stuff too with that great art of him
 

Lingwe

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2008
Messages
106
Reaction score
106
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I was planning on doing one but since Meriken already said in the manga shout out thread on the front page that he would I guess I might not have to. It was quite different from Mx0. He would probably have a lot better success if he did go full seinen cause he can certainly draw gore well.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I was planning on doing one but since Meriken already said in the manga shout out thread on the front page that he would I guess I might not have to. It was quite different from Mx0. He would probably have a lot better success if he did go full seinen cause he can certainly draw gore well.
He has always been that good ;)
People just doesn't give him enough credit for these things, but you'd appreciate Kanou's "other side" if you've read his One-shot anthology tanks.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Just wondering, are Embalming's sales any good? And what's the best selling series in the magazine?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Claymore is the best seller. Roasario, Tegami Bachi, Kurenai, and Gag Manga Biyori follow. Embalming's sales have been pretty miserable so far; I can't recall seeing a single volume making Oricon's top thirty.

Loop was really good. I'd love to see Kanou return with something of that quality.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Volume 2 of Embalming sold 39,107 a little more than Kuroko no Basket. It made it into the top 30 last week. It came in 24th place.
 
Last edited:

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Apart from that, Volume 1 also made them in its first week with about 54,000 sold books [at 14th that week]. After its second week it had sold 75,678 before dropping out of the top 100.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Claymore is the best seller. Roasario, Tegami Bachi, Kurenai, and Gag Manga Biyori follow. Embalming's sales have been pretty miserable so far; I can't recall seeing a single volume making Oricon's top thirty.

Loop was really good. I'd love to see Kanou return with something of that quality.
Outside of volume 2 selling 39K I'm sad about this. Especially with the latest two chapters scanned. From what I've heard, it gets much better later on.

Hopefully the sales pick up then.

I can not for the life of me understand why Rosario+Vampire still sells so well. Ok, the sequel more so than the original. Mizora's arc is the one good arc in II deserving of high sales imo. >.>

I'm hoping more of the Jump Square series get translated as more individual volumes come out.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I hope sales increase. The series is a lot better than Buso Renkin, although I wish it were as deep as Kenshin.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I can not for the life of me understand why Rosario+Vampire still sells so well. Ok, the sequel more so than the original. Mizora's arc is the one good arc in II deserving of high sales imo. >.>
Get used to Rosario, it's one of the biggest series in America now too. Not a fan either but someone out there sees something in it :/
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I'm hoping that Ultimo and Ao no Exorcist to survive long. These two series are my most favorite series in JUmp Square.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top