Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

By the looks of it Katsura is still drawing using her recent round-face style which I don't particularly like. If only the art could go back to the way it was just before the Akamaru Jump chapter.
 

andrewsungchehau

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
379
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

By the looks of it Katsura is still drawing using her recent round-face style which I don't particularly like. If only the art could go back to the way it was just before the Akamaru Jump chapter.
We'll have to see in the actual chapter, since most of DGM cover page, color page, and real chapter is not the same. I don't have any problem with it as long as Allen's still kind, cool and handsome to me.xD
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I personally didn't like D.Gray-man's picture from Akamaru. I hope she returned to the artwork from earlier volumes.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Its like the tiniest thumbnail of a magazine cover I've ever seen. I'm sure the actual cover will look much better. xD

She could have done something different....but it does feel like Allen is posing for an actual magazine rather than it being an illustration for the cover. xDD
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

627 : ◆EizHb38XPU :2009/10/28(水) 09:21:27 ID:uohZ634PO
小ネタ追加
矢吹先生■移籍だそうな
年明けから
It looks like Yabuki's next work going to be serialized in Square.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Are you sure that is not a one shot? Exit one shots in SQ are really common, announcing a new series less then two months after the last one ended seems a bit far fetched.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Are you sure that is not a one shot? Exit one shots in SQ are really common, announcing a new series less then two months after the last one ended seems a bit far fetched.
That is just saying Yabuki moved to Square. I think Yabuki's new series most likely going to be serailized on next year.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Did a little digging and the full translation of the news you posted amounts to:

Yabuki will have a new series early in 2010. He will remain with Shueisha but will leave Weekly Jump. Most likely that means Jump SQ or Young Jump.

This is based on Heiji - Sama's translation. Basically the only known right now is that Yabuki will be back soon but not in WSJ. Jump SQ and Young Jump are the most likely destination, depending on if he chooses to do shonen or seinen. Any other magazines are unlikely but possible. Ultra Jump is an otaku/action magazine, his audience won't follow him there. Super Jump and Business Jump are salary man magazines, he would have to change his style a little to radically for those magazines.

This is a serious warning and the only time I will say it: I will no longer tolerate untranslated or partially translated news posts. If the latter is exposed as a partial or misleading translation, it will be deleted. All untranslated news will be deleted. Members who can not read Japanese will be unable to participate in the discussion.
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/yokoku.html
Two previews are up.

Shinbori Onsen preview

Shinbori Onsen by Oda Tobira New serialization!
From the talent behind "Danchitomoo"; A hanmari hot spring comedy.

Four Billion Nights preview

Four Billion Nights by Hisa Masato SUPREME One-shot
*tentatively romanized title*
A boy and a female Self Defence Force member get embroiled in a mystery case!!

Moderator Notice:
placed pics in thumbnail ;)~ Akiyama
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Huh, I'm surprised Yabuki is the one making a move to another magazine. Even more surprised he is returning so soon. Then again, if he does another To Love Ru type series it would probably work better since Jump SQ has an older audience. I know there has been a lot of talk here about wanting to see Kano in either magazine rather then getting the short stick in WSJ again.

I'm not entirely sure just how much room SQ has atm with DGM moving there and Dr. Rurru just starting. I would be entirely happy if they trashed Shin Prince of Tennis to make room but it is still riding coattails from its previous incarnation and keeping itself alive. I'm happy as long as Ultimo or Embalming don't get booted. =/

Both this new series and the one shot don't look all that appealing so far.
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

It looks like Yabuki's next work going to be serialized in Square.
thank god he is not coming back to WSJ.
seems like Shueisha is trying to promote SQ as much as possible these days.
so many WSJ-mangakas moving into SQ.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Kinda hope Yabuki moves to SQ because SQ gets more attention from Manga Editors and I would love to read his new series.

Also, Four Billion Nights sounds kinda interesting but what's a SUPREME One-shot?
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I wasn't really sure myself so I looked up good old wikipedia.

One-shots from established manga writers are featured in a section of the magazine called the "Supreme Yomikiri Series" (SUPREME読切シリーズ, Supurīmu Yomikiri Shirīzu?), while one-shots from new, upcoming writers occasionally appear in the "Explosive Yomikiri Series" (Explosive読切シリーズ, Explosive Yomikiri Shirīzu?) section.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Ha, I always thought the SUPREME thing was just feeding into their supreme quality manga tag line. I didn't know it actually had another purpose/meaning.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I'd rather Yabuki move to Young Jump, it is a much better magazine then SQ and Yabuki will have a lot more freedom to do what he wants. Morita, Inoue, and Katsura have all done excellent work at WYJ, I think Yabuki would too.

Any idea who the mangaka of Four Billion Nights is?
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

The mangaka was the one who worked on a series called 'Jabberwocky' for Magazine Z which eventually got moved online to Magazine Z∞. The series had just finished this year I think.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I read volume 1. It was wild. I will definitely read this. Now I wish it was an actual series :(
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Ko-neta just says that "Yabuki-sensei is moving to Jump SQ at the beginning of next year".

Unless promised a series spot... I don't see why it would be relevent to have such an announcement in WSJ about it. So I would assume that it'll not be just a 1-shot. (We've seen how WSJ/SQ handles 1-shot annoucements before, and it's not usually phrase this way...

Currently at the ToLoveRu discussion thread at 2ch, the consensus is split between restarting ToLoveRu or restarting Black Cat. Bare in mind though that both of these are speculations, and until we get more info, it'd just be that Yabuki is starting in SQ.
 
Last edited:

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

261 : ◆xNxG5ahMEY :2009/10/30(金) 00:16:02 ID:mkMepdFu0
青(巻頭)
るっる
しょんぼり温泉(新連載C)
Dグレ(新連載C)
ギャグ
テガミ
新テニス
ロザパン
DtD(最終回C)
クレイモア
紅
サタンの子はサタン(読み切り)
のりこ、もう一度やりなおさないか?(読み切り)
PARマン
貧乏神
ウルティモ
フォービリオンナイツ(読み切りC)
Luck
屍鬼
ピカソ
放課後
罪花罰

1月号
巻頭 ギャグ
センター Dグレ、るっる、クレイモア、紅
読み切り クレマチカ靴店/酒井まゆ、ぐるみ/大江慎一郎

2月号
新連載 矢吹健太朗


Picture: New Serialization! By TO LOVE ru's Yabuki Kentarou. More details in the next issue. Starts serialization from the February Issue onwards!!

Ao no Exorcist (front colour)
Dr. Ru Ru
Shinbori Onsen (New Serialization, Colour page)
D.Gray-man (New Serialization, Colour page)
Gag Manga Biyori
Tegami Bachi
Shin Prince of Tennis
Rosario x Vampire
Dust to Dust (Ending, Colour Pages)
Claymore
Kure-nai
Satan's kid is Satan (One-Shot)
Noriko, will you start all over again?(One Shot, Colour)
PAR man
Binbougamiga
Ultimo
Four Billion Nights (One Shot, Colour)
Luck Stealer
Shiki
Genkaku Picaso
After School
Tsumi Kabatsu


January Issue
(front colour) Gag Manga Biyori
(center colour) D.Gray-man, Dr. Ru Ru, Claymore, Kure-nai
(one shots) Clematis Shoe Shop by Sakai Mayu, Gurumi by Ooe Shinichirou

February Issue
(new serialization) Yabuki Kentarou's serialization
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top