Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Wow, really? I did not expect that at all.

But Genkaku's amazing so I'm not complaining.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Wasn't Genkaku Picasso cancelled?

[kaiten]moved to SQ thread[/kaiten]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Wasn't Genkaku Picasso cancelled?
I think it is cancelled because it only lasted about three volumes (but each volumes are about 250 pages long).
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Probably not canceled. Most of Furuya's serialized work has been one or two volumes. His longest series is nine volumes. I doubt he would ever write a long series. He most likely intended for it to be short. Unusual for shonen but more common with all of the other demographics.
 
Last edited:

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

All the Jump SQ covers have been added to the first post. :faint
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

According to Jump SQ twitter, there going to be a new series by unusual pair.

In past, unusual pair in Jump SQ were Morita Masanori×Obata Takeshi and Toriyama Akira×Katsura Masakazu (but both were one shot).
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Was this the tweet talking about the new series?

They will announce of the duo in the September issue but the actual manga will be in the October issue, something like that?
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Yeah. The preview going to release at August, so I think it going to start at September.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I think that meant Kawashita will be serializing in Jump SQ.19 because one shot that she did on first issue of Jump SQ.19 is included on next issue.


According to Jump SQ twitter, there going to be another new series on this October. And it is confirmed that it is spin-out of other series.


http://imepita.jp/20100730/417760

It looks like spin-off for To Love-Ru going to be serialized in Jump SQ on October.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

That is, in fact, exactly what it says.

So... what... he's running two series at once? I guess with monthly you can maybe do that...
This is by Yabuki Kentarou, too.
Maybe the explanation is he's just illustrating them, and Mayoi Neko Overrun is based on a light novel series, so everything's already planned out with that...

If I read or watched To Love Ru at all I'd maybe be interested.

It says "You'll be able to meet those heroins again!"
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I think either Dr.Rurru (similar genre) or Mayoi Neko (same author) might end to make room for To Love-Ru.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Rei Ayanami

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2010
Messages
124
Reaction score
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

To-LOVE-Ru anime this fall makes more sense now.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

http://imepita.jp/20100731/373850

It is confirmed that Mayoi Neko will be moved to Jump SQ.19



http://imepita.jp/20100731/487760

It is confirmed that new series by 'unusual pair' is:

new series: 曇天・プリズム・ソーラーカー (Donten・Prism・Solar Car, I think)
story author: Ootagaki Yasuo (author of Moonlight Mile)
illustrator: Murata Yuusuke (illustrator of Eyeshield 21)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

arsene.lupin

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2009
Messages
55
Reaction score
58
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

finally Yusuke Murata new series. :D
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I had a feeling it would be Mayoi Neko that ends/moves. From what I heard it doesn't follow the light novel story as faithfully and since the anime is over too that was leaving me with a big question mark about its fate.

I'm also happy since that means SQ keeps Dr. Rurru around.

A bit surprised that Murata ended up coming back in Jump SQ but I approve. It works out better this way since it isn't as harsh.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Old Jump mangaka don't die, they move to SQ :ginwut

I'm looking froward to Murata's new series. Otagi is a really good writer, Moonlight Mile was a great series.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top