Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

It should be bigger, but it's not going to be two times as big. The pricing is the highest SQ has ever gotten, meaning there is probably more pages than the regular issues. So you're right about us getting less total pages over all year. (Also, we get a total 12 issues per year, but will only get 11 this year.)

And no, SQ will not be available for free. It's simply the first chapter of the new series, Boku to Majou no Jikan, which was supposed to come out in the May Issue. I think they just didn't want to cram two chapters of the series in the 05+06 issue, or having two series starting at the same time...

Hope this answers your questions :)
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

It should be bigger, but it's not going to be two times as big. The pricing is the highest SQ has ever gotten, meaning there is probably more pages than the regular issues. So you're right about us getting less total pages over all year. (Also, we get a total 12 issues per year, but will only get 11 this year.)
Is price increase maybe caused by the new magazine that going to be bundle with SQ?
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Is price increase maybe caused by the new magazine that going to be bundle with SQ?
I didn't think of that at all, but it would be kind of wrong if that's the case. While I can understand charging more for the "bigger" volumes, it's already a bit unconventional practice among magazines. The SDMP is a supplement (附録), which is supposed to be free. I mean the shoujo magazines I buy all the time never charges extra for the supplement gifts/bundled booklet, I just don't see how SQ could justify doing that.
 

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I wonder if the circulation will be bigger (and if yeah, how much bigger). On ANN I've found that Jump SQ has circulation of 360 000, so now maybe it will reach 500k?
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I wonder if the circulation will be bigger (and if yeah, how much bigger). On ANN I've found that Jump SQ has circulation of 360 000, so now maybe it will reach 500k?
It has been 360k for more than 1 year. I doubt they will increase.
And Jump is having problems to delever to the north of Japan. There is a message in JumpSQ saying that they have problems to deliver even to Hokkaido area.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

The sales will probably go down instead of up. I doubt the sales will increase just because they skipped an issue. And couple with the difficulty of reaching certain areas...


http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/contents/event/index.html

It looks like there going to be autograph session for Amano (author of Examurai) and Uchimizu (author of Agrippa).
Yeah, saw it as well... Quite a few people on the WSJ survival thread on 2ch are mocking the event, since both of them were authors with canceled WSJ series before moving to SQ and SQ.19 :/
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Since Amano (along with Uchimizu) is getting autograph session, then should I consider that Examurai is doing pretty good?
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

It's kind of hard to tell with SQ... I mean it's okay, and I'm reading it every issue, but I'm not really THAT into it. :/

Gekka Bijin > Examurai on my personal list :P

But then again, I pretty much reads everything save a few like Tegami Bachi (personal reasons), Shonbori Onsen, and Parman (because I personally dislike Fujiko Fujio A).
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Tried Examurai and didn't like it at all, basically a dumber version of Akaboshi.

But it seems like it's doing a better job of not getting it's ass cancelled.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

But it seems like it's doing a better job of not getting it's ass cancelled.
We're not sure about Exmurai going to cancel at this point; Jump SQ takes more time on cancelling series than Shonen Jump. But, I can say that the ranking for Examurai pretty low.
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Oh okay, my mistake.

I just saw it not dying and assumed it was doing better so far.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)


There going to be new animation for Rurouni Kenshin.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,557
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

^can't see what's inside the spoiler.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,557
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Nope can't see. Might wanna try again, dude
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,557
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Nope, got errors. Maybe you're using a different browser??
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Nope, got errors. Maybe you're using a different browser??
Yeah, it looks like error; but you didn't miss much. It is about new animation for Rurouni Kenshin and three titles of OVA/movie will release by Blue Ray.
 

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Next time I suggest you use image hosting sites like imgur/min.us/photobucket/imagebam

It means that someone already has the magazine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top