Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I think Jump SQ's magazine sales are low because Shueisha only prints limited numbers of copies.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Why would they do that? If they can make more money by printing more magazines and letting more people buy them, I don't see why not... :blink
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Why would they do that? If they can make more money by printing more magazines and letting more people buy them, I don't see why not... :blink
These are circulation for Shonen Jump and Jump SQ from Japan Magazine Association.

Shonen Jump: 2,800,000 (from January to March on 2009), 2,806,667 (from April to June), 2,840,000 (from July to September), 2,879,167 (from October to December), 2,872,500 (from January to March on 2010), 2,878,334 (from April to June), 2,875,834 (from July to September)

Jump SQ: 370,000 (from January to March on 2009), 370,000 (from April to June), 363,334 (from July to September), 360,000 (from October to December), 360,000 (from January to March on 2010), 360,000 (from April to June), 360,000 (from July to September)

Based on above, Shonen Jump did have some increases and decreases on circulation. However, Jump SQ stayed in 360,000 (no ups and downs) since last quarter of last year. Therefore, I'm thinking Shueisha only prints limited number of copies for Jump SQ.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Low circulation reflects the state of magazine sales over the last fifteen years. Circulation has declined for every magazine since Dragonball ended in the mid-90's. Remember that WSJ's peak circulation topped six million during the Dragonball era. SQ's circulation has dropped every quarter since it's launch. Only a few magazines have stabilized, even fewer (WSJ, Shonen Ace) have seen any rise in circulation the in the last couple of years.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

SQ's circulation has dropped every quarter since it's launch.
Jump SQ did decrease its circulation compare to beginning. But since last quarter, Jump SQ's circulation neither decrease nor increase. That's why I have suspicion that the publisher release only small number of magazines.


I have question. If the author have autograph session in Jump Festa, is that means their work is popular?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I have question. If the author have autograph session in Jump Festa, is that means their work is popular?
It's hard to say, but I guess they'd need some decent numbers to back these authors up so they know that someone will be coming to their booth for that signature.




Here's the signed pics cover corner for SQ series at Jump Festa 2011:



Source: V Jump's twitter
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

441 :産業 ◆yQongahxCI :2010/12/27(月) 21:16:23 ID:1RaEX+7V0
3月号
表紙巻頭 新連載クランプ
センター 酒井まゆ とらぶる ラック

増田助野山本矢吹の描いたワンピキャラお風呂ポスタープレゼント企画
March Issue:
Cover, Lead CP: Gate 7 by Clamp
CP: To Love-Ru, Luck Stealer, One Shot by Sakai Mayu
One Piece characters artwork by Masuda (author of Gag Manga Biyori), Sukeno (author of Binbougami ga!), Yamamoto (illustrator of Kure-nai), and Yabuki (author of To Love-Ru).
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I think this is this month's TOC:

484 :作者の都合により名無しです:2010/12/28(火) 15:41:17 ID:6SgVIMOgO
>>483おk

とらぶる
青の祓魔師
クレイモア
テニぷり(表紙)
ミトコン(新連載 画太郎大先生)
貧乏神
ミサワ
灰
テガミ
ギャグマン
ロザリオとバンパイア
紅
屍鬼
放課後の王子様
フラグマン
PARマン(ry
エグザ
プリズムソーラー
エンバ
Luck Stealer
月華
ウルティモ
温泉
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

484 :作者の都合により名無しです:2010/12/28(火) 15:41:17 ID:6SgVIMOgO
>>483おk

とらぶる
青の祓魔師
クレイモア
テニぷり(表紙)
ミトコン(新連載 画太郎大先生)
貧乏神
ミサワ
灰
テガミ
ギャグマン
ロザリオとバンパイア
紅
屍鬼
放課後の王子様
フラグマン
PARマン(ry
エグザ
プリズムソーラー
エンバ
Luck Stealer
月華
ウルティモ
温泉
February Issue:
To Love-Ru Darkness(Lead CP)
Ao no Exorcist
Claymore
Shin Tennis no Oujisama (Cover, CP)
Mitokon (CP)
Binbougami ga!
Kakkokawaii Sengen!
D.Gray-man (CP)
Tegami Bachi (CP)
Gag Manga Biyori
Rosario to Vampire Season II
Kure-nai
Shiki
Houkago no Oujisama
Flagman (CP, One Shot)
Parman
Examurai
Donten・Prism・Solar Car
Embalming
Luck Stealer
Gekka Bijin
Karakuridouji Ultimo
Shonbori Onsen (CP)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Noooooooo Gekka Bijinnnnnnnn :(

Please at least last to three volumes this time, please! (Goes to hunt for raws.)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Noooooooo Gekka Bijinnnnnnnn :(

Please at least last to three volumes this time, please! (Goes to hunt for raws.)
I think the fate of Gekka Bijin will be determined by tank sales for volume 2.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I think the fate of Gekka Bijin will be determined by tank sales for volume 2.

I wonder what the Japanese reception is? I saw that when it first started, most people were happy to see Endou back again, but has that already worn off? I just don't want to see this get canceled...
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I wonder what the Japanese reception is? I saw that when it first started, most people were happy to see Endou back again, but has that already worn off? I just don't want to see this get canceled...
So far, the reception for Gekka Bijin is not very good.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

So far, the reception for Gekka Bijin is not very good.
Ugh. I was afraid of that. I guess Endou is doomed then. Why is it that all the mangaka I like happen to have the worst luck at getting stories that stick around? :( First Nakayama and now Endou...Am I doomed to have to like mainstream manga?
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Ugh. I was afraid of that. I guess Endou is doomed then. Why is it that all the mangaka I like happen to have the worst luck at getting stories that stick around? :( First Nakayama and now Endou...Am I doomed to have to like mainstream manga?
Well, the reception that I got is from 2ch, and Endou did get his own autograph session in this year's Jump Festa, which it is also getting good response from audience. Therefore, I'm not really sure which one to believe.


Does anyone tell me how many pages there were for chapter 1 of Mitokon?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I found this on 2ch:

514 :作者の都合により名無しです:2010/12/30(木) 07:12:15 ID:STemMHbM0
あと
SQ.フェスタ2011開催決定!!
2011.2.4(金)~2.11(祝・金) 10:00~19:00
inアニメイト横浜
もちろん入場無料!!

1 SQ.連載全作品の原画を展示!

2 連載作家のアトリエ写真を展示!

3 会場でSQ.関連商品を1000円以上購入した方にSQ.オリジナルグッズをプレゼント!
 (数に限りがございます)

4 さらに2.12(土)&2.13(日)には
超豪華ゲストによるサイン会&トークショー()内は出演者
2/12
12:00~浅田弘幸先生サイン会(浅田弘幸先生)
15:00~地獄のミサワ先生トークショー(地獄のミサワ先生、林編集)
2/13
12:00~許斐剛先生&テニプリ声優陣トークショー(許斐剛先生、楠田敏之さん(宍戸亮役)、松井Pほか予定)
D青の祓魔師声優トークショー(岡本信彦さん、福山潤さん)

アニメイト全国各店で対象商品を期間中に予約した方の中から抽選で各回120人をご招待

アニメイトのサイト見たけどまだ情報出てなかったから記載
既出だったらごめん
It looks like there is going to be a Jump SQ festival of some sort.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Is that means Mitokon going to be short page series, like Shonbori Onsen?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I didn't translate word for word, but here be the important stuff. If anyone's actually in Japan and can go for this thing, I assume you can understand enough Japanese to figure out the rest (directions and what not) :p

There's going to be a SQ Festa 2011 at Animate Yokohama (that's a store name) from 4th Feb to 11th Feb daily 10am-7pm (last customer admitted at 6.30pm).

Attractions:
1. Actual images of the works in SQ (aka not in horrible magazine paper quality :p)
2. Pictures of the studios used by the mangaka who are serialised in SQ
3. Spend over 1,000 yen and get a free bromide (a bromide in Japan also refers to a photograph of a famous person... So it should just be a photo of a character in SQ)
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

/\ that's awesome!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top