Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

This month's TOC:

348 名前:八代目暇人 ◆NirIDTZsfs[sage] 投稿日:2011/02/01(火) 17:36:02 ID:P/Hf5cGI0
3月号

GATE7(クランプ先生 新連載)
青の祓魔師
姉妹とブシとはごろも水着
我らがToLoveる(センター 来月もセンター)
ミサワ(3つあります)
紅
ギャグマン
てにぷり
ロザリオとバンパイア
なんという外道
テガミ
貧乏神
PARマン
クレマチカ靴店
屍鬼
帝一の国
血界
プリズム
エグザ
しょんぼり
灰
クレイモア
Luck
エンバー
放課後の王子様
月華
ウルティモ
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

March Issue:
Gate 7 (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
Ao no Exorcist
Shimai to Bushi to Hagoromo Mizugi (One Shot)
To Love-Ru Darkness (CP)
Kakkokawaii Sengen!
Kure-nai
Gag Manga Biyori
Shin Tennis no Oujisama
Rosario to Vampire Season II
Mitokon
Tegami Bachi
Binbougami ga!
Parman no Jounetsuteki na Hibi
Crematica Kutsuya (CP, One Shot)
Shiki
Teiichi no Kuni (Special Chapter)
Kekkai Sensen (Special Chapter)
Donten・Prism・Solar Car
Examurai
Shonbori Onsen
D.Gray-man
Claymore
Luck Stealer (CP)
Embalming
Houkago no Oujisama
Gekka Bijin
Karakuridouji Ultimo

665 :作者の都合により名無しです:2011/02/01(火) 19:26:00 ID:W/h7Ii4X0
紅は理津死亡、リンの首チョンパは来月号へ持ち越し

4月号 GATE7 2号連続巻頭カラー
読切 山本久美子

5月号 アラカワシン
6月号 ふるかわしおり
7月号 上野祥吾
それぞれ新連載

672 :作者の都合により名無しです:2011/02/01(火) 19:52:49 ID:/fjX0M9m0
>>665
タイトルは?

677 :作者の都合により名無しです:2011/02/01(火) 20:34:05 ID:W/h7Ii4X0
>>672
山本久美子 鼠屋敷の夜話
アラカワシン ボクと魔女の時間
ふるかわしおり はにめろ。
上野祥吾 長谷部さんのいる野球部

あと4月号センターは貧乏神、とらぶる
April Issue:
Lead CP: Gate 7
CP: Binbougami ga!, To Love-Ru Darkness, Nezumi Yashiki no Yawa (One Shot by Yamamoto Kumiko)

May Issue:
Boku to Majo no Jikan (New Series by Arakawa Shin)

June Issue:
Hanimero。(New Series by Furukawa Shiori)

July Issue:
Hasebe-san no iru Yakyuubu (New Series by Ueno Shougo)

683 :作者の都合により名無しです:2011/02/01(火) 20:48:05 ID:uy9ty2D80
SQ19のカラー情報、読切情報お願いします

687 :作者の都合により名無しです:2011/02/01(火) 21:19:32 ID:W/h7Ii4X0
>>683
SQ19
表紙&巻頭 貧乏神
新連載 佐々木ミノル ドットインベーダー
センター 帝一、とらぶる、Gマル

番外編 カッコカワイイ、ロザバン
新人読切 松永ケサカツ、方陸遼助、泉光、坂口龍狼
SQ.19 Winter Issue:
Cover, Lead CP: Binbougami ga!
New Series: Dotto Invader by Sasaki Minoru
CP: Teiichi no Kuni, G-Maru Edition, To Love-Ru Darkness (Chapter 0)
Side Story: Rosaio to Vampire, Kakkokawaii Sengen!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

andysislands

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
152
Reaction score
137
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

2. Pictures of the studios used by the mangaka who are serialised in SQ
For reference, the big picture on the far left is Hiroyuki Takei's office (Ultimo).

(I'll have some other pictures from his 12 page interview in Pafu back in November, probably later this month)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Since it looks like there going to be 3 more new series on next few months, I want to know others' opinions on which series most likely to be end/axe to make room for new series.
 

halfcrzy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2009
Messages
431
Reaction score
146
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Id say any of the bottom 5. Haha that includes claymore for me. I have not found really anything interesting since the war in the north ice realm. and that was ALONG time ago..
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Id say any of the bottom 5. Haha that includes claymore for me. I have not found really anything interesting since the war in the north ice realm. and that was ALONG time ago..
But Claymore keeps selling well. Last volume sold twice as much as Kure-nai.
I'd expect that series that have good sellings keep on being serialized even if they aren't popular in the ToC's.

Same thing is happening to D.Gray-man. One position above Claymore, but it sold more than 430K copies of last volume.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Claymore and D.G-M have big, established fanbases that buy the tankoubons.

The question now is whether SQ considers tankoubon sales when they cancel series. Koen will tell you they only look at the TOC rankings ;) But who really knows?

I don't read enough series in SQ to have an objective view on what is most likely/should be axed, but since Gekka Bijin hasn't been doing too well all throughout its short life, I suppose it might get axed.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Claymore and D.G-M have big, established fanbases that buy the tankoubons.

The question now is whether SQ considers tankoubon sales when they cancel series. Koen will tell you they only look at the TOC rankings ;) But who really knows?

I don't read enough series in SQ to have an objective view on what is most likely/should be axed, but since Gekka Bijin hasn't been doing too well all throughout its short life, I suppose it might get axed.
I think SQ editors consider both ranking and tank sales. Series like Embalming, Shiki (before animation), and Ultimo are constantaly ranked very low, but it regularly ranks in Oricon Top 30, so they haven't been axed. Plus, series like Binbougami Ga! and Luck Stealer, both have low tank sales, but they mostly stay out of bottom, so they haven't been axed.

Based on these two circumstances, Gekka Bijin is currently in number 1 position to be axe next; in order fo Gekka Bijin to survive, it has to have very satisfying tank sales for its second volume.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Ultimo ought to be canceled. -_- I've never read anything past chapter 1.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

If Gekka Bijin going to get axed, there is one thing that I'm confused about it. I wonder why they open the autographic session for its author. If the editors already planned to axe Gekka Bijin (and they should know its ranking much earlier than the readers), then they should have give the auto-session to other author.

I want to know how others think about this.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I'm not convinced the TOC plays the same role in SQ that it does in WSJ. Most magazines are not nearly as ruthless about canceling a series based on fan polls. Considering that there has not been a single major hit that originated in SQ I assume the editors would not jettison a series that sells.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Yeah. In most magazines besides Jump I tend to see a lot more violent shifting of series. Some may have tendencies to be high or low, but then some weeks they'll be way high or way low.
Like if you look at stuff like Tegami Bachi and D.Gray-Man and Claymore, a few of the Jump SQ series jump all over the place.
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Well, I think the SQ editors consider both ranking and tank sales to determine the series' cancellation; if series did well on one of these two conditions, the editors usually keep the series. Most of axed series (such as Dragonauts, Tale of Innocence, Tista, Yokuwakaru Gendai Mahou, etc.) are both low on ranking and tank sales. Embalming, Ultimo, and Shiki (before animation) were constantly ranked within bottom 5, but since they regularly ranked in Oricon ranking, they didn't get cancelled. Also Binbougami ga! and Luck Stealer both have low tank sales, but they didn't get axed because they stay out of bottom 5.

Also, even SQ might not follow same ranking system as WSJ, there has to be minimum three series have to axe/end within around next two months, since there going to be three more new series coming up.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I presume the new series will fill the space of being used this month for the two one shots and Teiichi no Kuni.

It seems to me that SQ has quite a few untouchables: the four series from the old Monthly Jump, the three from WSJ, Kure Nai, Shiki, Luck Stealer, Ao no Exorcist, maybe Embalming, and anything without it's first collected volumes. That puts a lot of pressure on some of those middle tier series. No wonder good manga like Tista and I-Revo were rushed/canceled.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I presume the new series will fill the space of being used this month for the two one shots and Teiichi no Kuni.
SQ always puts at least 1 one shot every issue, so it's not going to be a space for new series. Also Teiichi no Kuni and Kekkai Sensen got only short pages, so it's not enough space for new series.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

LawrenceOf300

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
17
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

May Issue:
Boku to Majo no Jikan (New Series by Arakawa Shin)

June Issue:
Hanimero。(New Series by Furukawa Shiori)

July Issue:
Hasebe-san no iru Yakyuubu (New Series by Ueno Shougo)
Maybe I'm wrong, but Hanimero could be a Shoujo, and Hasebe-san no iru Yakyuubu could be about baseball.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Maybe I'm wrong, but Hanimero could be a Shoujo, and Hasebe-san no iru Yakyuubu could be about baseball.
Hanimero is romantic comedy manga and the author is from Bessatsu Margaret. Hasebe-san no iru Yakyuubu is (based on its one shot) comedy/baseball manga.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Oh. Hanimero is by the mangaka of Five. I didn't even notice first time I saw the name. Love her art, I'll definitely read it. If it's translated, of course.
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I would like to see Luck Stealer to end. I lost interest while reading it a long time ago. It's been around since the beginning so it's had a long time to progress in the story. Yet I don't know what's currently happening in the plot to wrap everything up.

The amount of TLR Darkness color pages is ridiculous.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I wonder why SQ editors axed Sengoku Basara 3. The last volume of SB3 has ranked into oricon top 30, so they should have keep the series.


It looks like Gekka Bijin will be getting vomic on next month. I'm not sure whether this means it is safe.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top