Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Well it is said that Koji Inada's health has improved, but neither Viz nor Shueisha could say when he'd be returning to Beet. I believe that was in a comipress piece on jump square, which also confirmed that it is highly likely that upon Inada's return it will move to JSQ
 

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Hey, Asakura again. Sorry for being so behind on updating this thread. For the past two weeks i've been getting busy with life and such... Anyway, I should make a HUGE update soon, as late as next Friday. But since I have Claymore as top priority, then you guys are lucky. I'll be scanning uploading Claymore by tomorrow afternoon Pacific time if all goes well. But please don't hold it to me for I don't know what may happen tomorrow. For now, enjoy the first BG page of Claymore ES 3



o_O I know you're wondering "What? if you're going to scan something scan the color pages first" But meh... I just want to go to sleep so I scanned the first BG page right after scanning Mx0 ch. 65

Anyway, later... See you tomorrow... Hopefully...


(For GGpX) I should be coming back as late as Tuesday so expect something by then ^^;;
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The official Jump Square thread

<3 you.
 

Lutris

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
28
Reaction score
34
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Hi Asakura;

Will you be needing any more translators when Jump Square comes out? I'm starting to translate on an 'official' basis now, and I just posted my translation for Mahou Sensei Negima issue 186 in the Translation Forums.


I'm a native speaker in both English and Japanese, so I think I'd be at least a bit useful.


I needs work m(__)m

どうぞよろしくお願いします!
 

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Hi Asakura;

Will you be needing any more translators when Jump Square comes out? I'm starting to translate on an 'official' basis now, and I just posted my translation for Mahou Sensei Negima issue 186 in the Translation Forums.


I'm a native speaker in both English and Japanese, so I think I'd be at least a bit useful.


I needs work m(__)m

どうぞよろしくお願いします!
Hi to you too Lutris. And that's really cool of you to offer help on translating the upcoming S.Q. series. Please do so if you'd like. Whichever series you want is fine to me.


Anyway,

Jump 41 (Jump S.Q. Corner)
Sneak peaks:





Raw(s):

Claymore Extra Scene 3 (MQ/HQ)
Enjoy.


P.S. I will be uploading Biyori and Kure-nai by Friday/Saturday.

Nami: Please make an RTS when you see this. I'm going to sleep. (It's past midnight now.)


[bax]Thanx. I'll do this[/bax]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
Re: The official Jump Square thread

An Updated Line-Up for JSQ posted on Baka-Updates Manga:
http://www.mangaupdates.com/news.html?id=265

Shueisha has updated the manga lineup of its upcoming shounen magazine Jump Square, the current lineup is as follows:

From Monthly Shonen Jump

- Claymore by Norihiro Yagi
- Gag Manga Biyori by Kousuke Masuda
- Rosario + Vampire by Akihisa Ikeda
- Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee) by Hiroyuki Asada

From JUMP the REVOLUTION

- Embalming - The Another Tale of Frankenstein by Nobuhiro Watsuki

New Manga

- 3-Z Class's Ginpachi-sensei by Hideaki Sorachi & Oosaki Tomohito
- DRAGONAUT -THE RESONANCE- by Satoshi Kinoshita
- Kure-nai by Katayama Kentaro & Yamamoto Yamato
- Luck Stealer by Hajime Kazu
- Paraman no Jounetsu teki na Hibi by Fujiko Fujio (A)
- Sekai no Choushin de Taiyou ni Hoeru by Ponse Maeda
- Tales of Innocence by Hiroyuki Kaidou
- TISTA by Tatsuya Endou
- Tsumikabatsu by Mikami Honemaru

Unamed manga & one-shots

- A new manga by Masanori Katakura
- A one-shot by Yoko Kamio (Hana Yori Dango)
- A one-shot by Masanori Morita & Takeshi Obata


(dunno if all those were already listed, but i guess it won't hurt to post them again :amuse )
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The official Jump Square thread

keep in mind that some 'new manga' e.g. ginpachi sensei, are rumoured to be literature.

and again, Bohken Oh Beet will be returning upon the lifting of the hiatus
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Since nobody's posted this yet, the latest ad from WJ #42:



The titles listed are the same as the update from ttxdragon above, with the following exceptions:
- Kamio Yoko-sensei is getting a series, not a one-shot
- Another series/one-shot is 清く正しく美しく (Kiyoku Masashiku Utsukushiku) by unfotable x Taatan Chekku(?)
- Masanori Katakura is, I think, Katakura . Ookamigumi . Masanori, who drew Mahou Tsukai Kurohime in Monthly Jump.

Some preview images and more details are available at the official Jump SQ site: http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The official Jump Square thread

youre correct abouy katakura. the sole image shown of the new series is the one of the red haired boy in some sorta leathers.
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I'm actually looking forward to see Kamio Yoko-sensei works, considering how much i love Hana Yori Dango. But why is she doing a shonen? :oh
 

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Jump S.Q. is actually a not a shounen magazine. It is a universal magazine which is why it's considered a surpreme quality manga magazine. I guess this was due to boost sales up 10 fold since it looks to appeal to everyone (from boys to girls, and from typical shounen to even some seinen and gag.)

as a side note, I have biyori and Kure-nai done. I'm just waiting for Rosario to come out so I can release it all at once. Just expect an update by saturday at the most.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The official Jump Square thread

awesome, means that the more mature looking art styles seen such as luck stealer may have less limits to the story taht youd get from shonen
 

Obxist

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,094
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: The official Jump Square thread

is there TOC for J.S ?
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The official Jump Square thread

i imagine we'll know when it begins.......... after a couple of issues when the ratings will mean something.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The official Jump Square thread

ToC order is really only important for magazines that at least order them in accordance with popularity. I only know of WSJ that does this. Maybe more magazines do, but I am not sure about that.
 

Obxist

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,094
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: The official Jump Square thread

so it most likely will publish mostly not a long continued manga in each issue ?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The official Jump Square thread

No, just that the order in which the series are placed may mean nothing as far as popularity goes.

Like I said, I am only aware of WSJ that does it that way. I don't know for certain that any other magazines do, but I'm probably wrong.
 

Obxist

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,094
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: The official Jump Square thread

ah now i get it LOL,.. sorry for the trouble,.. so if theres some manga with a high popularity, JS will keep track of that ? something like that right ?
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The official Jump Square thread

most likely. I'm hoping there's an easy way to know the popularity, as it'd be less impacting when things die. although in monthly series thats usually after 4+ months/chapters.

although don't hold me to that figure, it is only an estimation, and one on weak ground too.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The official Jump Square thread

It wouldn't make much sense to have the same type of ToC rankings that weekly magazines have for the monthlies for the exact reason you said Indiana. Readers can keep a pulse on popularity in weeklies, but I don't know if its worthwhile to do it for monthlies.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top