Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: The official Jump Square thread

BTW Kirimi, can you scan unfotable and Pat-ken please? :D

All that will be left to scan is Dragonaut and i'll try scanning that before the second issue arrives.
Hehe. I was going to ask if you needed help in scanning anything. :amuse I can scan right away tonight, but my weekends are usually occupied with translation for WJ.

I'll scan Tales of Innocence and Dragonaut, if that's okay? The girls' soccer looks kind of meh to me. :p Well, if I have time, I'll scan that too, sometime next week, and PAT-KEN. ^^

EDIT: I was bored and wasn't thinking and scanned Dragonaut for some reason. ^^;;; So, uh, that's one more off your list. I'll scan ToI next if I don't hear from you~
 
Last edited:

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Did the magazine include a One Piece poster?

If it did, I'll have a reason to buy it.
No, it had a Bleach poster. But it does have a One Piece postcard that kirimi posted here.
 

imintheradio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
48
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: The official Jump Square thread

thanks for all of this!
 

arashiXuzumaki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Check Kinokuniya, I think they sell it. Anyways the stores are only located in areas with a relatively high Japanese-speaking population like NYC and some cities on the West Coast.

google map of the stores
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Kinok...US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl

And there's a new one that opened recently and isn't listed yet in case you live in nyc
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/26/books/26kino.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
well i live in PA and all i have is a Barnes and Noble...so unless there is a website to get it i guess im out of luck...but thanks anyway :(
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: JUMP SQ 2007 #12 & Postcard Book Scans (may contain SPOILERS)

man, i cant wait for the p2 and parman ones next month :D
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Here's an ad from WJ #50 for the second issue of JUMP SQ.



It shows a preview of the BLEACH postcard that will be included in the second issue's postcard book, as well as the double-sided poster featuring REBORN! and CLAYMORE. Wooo!!

The series lineup for the second issue is the same as the first issue, with two exceptions: a new series, Shiki (by Fujisaki Ryuu (art) and Ono Fuyumi (novel)) will be starting, and the second commemorative one-shot, Kishibe Rohan wa Ugokanai -Mukabesaka- by Araki Hirohiko will be featured. This is a spin-off story from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Since I don't know anything about Jojo, I'm not sure if I romanised 六壁坂 correctly. ^^;

Shiki (Corpse Demon)
This series is about village with a population of about 1300 people, and during one fiercely hot summer, many mysterious incidents happened one after another... Shiki is based on a best-selling horror novel by Ono Fuyumi. Fans may know of her other novels such as Twelve Kingdoms (which has been animated) and Ghost Hunt (adapated to both a shoujo manga and anime). Fujisaki Ryuu is a long-time JUMP mangaka of series such as Houshin Engi (recently released by ViZ), and Waqwaq, both of which ran in WJ.

The second issue of JSQ goes on sale on 4 Dec!

EDIT: The preview at the official site shows different images for the poster. I think the one on the web site is more accurate.


Notice of reprint of 100,000 copies of the first issue

On 2 Nov, the new magazine, JUMP SQUARE was launched (first issue quantity: 500,000 copies). It is highly unusual for a magazine to be reprinted, but in this case, the first issue of JUMP SQUARE will be reprinted.

This was decided due to numerous requests coming in from many bookstores that they were sold out on the first day, and from many readers who were unable to obtain a copy. The last time our company had to reprint the first issue of a magazine was 32 years ago, for the first issue of "Monthly PLAYBOY" in May 1975. All 22,000 copies of the first issue were sold out in the first day.

This has thoroughly proven that the manga put into "JUMP SQUARE" are true favourites, and this is a magazine that is "manga that sells because it's interesting."

Article from: http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/contents/zousatu/index.html

10万部 増刷決定の知らせ

この度、11月2日(金)発売の「ジャンプスクエア」創刊号(創刊部数:50万部)が、雑誌としては極めて異例な増刷を行うことになりました。

 これは、発売日に売り切れ書店が続出し、ご購入いただけなかった読者のみなさまへのご要望にお応えして決定したものです。弊社において、創刊号の増刷は1975年5月『月刊PLAYBOY』創刊号が即日完売、2万2000部増刷して以来、32年ぶりのことです。

 真のマンガ好きに贈るマンガ誌『ジャンプスクエア』は「面白くて売れるマンガ」を徹底的に追及していきます。
 
Last edited:

dsr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
138
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I think that at least for the first six month there will be a new manga that every month will increase the line-up, (even something from Shaman King's Takei Hiroyuki).
Also Beet is going to return on this magazine.
So, this Jump Square has a really solid line-up, I would have preferred Kurohime instead of Pat-Ken (even if I didn't saw it yet), but I'm happy that way.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I think the minute Beet returns will be when this becomes better than (or at least equal with) what jump's like nowadays....... except it doesnt have series that are stupidly overpopular killing the smaller ones. tis well balanced :D
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I think Shueisha really only needed to reprint the postcards... but maybe that's just me.:XD
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: The official Jump Square thread

WOW! First time in 30 something years??!! XD

Well . . . many of SQ manga is actually interesting. Have to agree. X3
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The official Jump Square thread

the website posters look so much cooler :D
 

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Alright Kirimi. My return date is still set to Friday and Saturday so expect me back by then.



P.S. Since you've scanned ToI already then you should just scan one more series and leave the rest up to me; it'll keep me busy. I have total dibs on Kure-nai so scan either Pat-ken and Unfotable. Then on friday/Saturday I will scan Kure-nai and whatever you don't pick by then. Thanks! ^^


BTW guys, I stumbled upon this on my free-time. It's about beet's hiatus. I wonder what it specifically says though...


http://www.vandelbuster.net/kyusai.html
 
Last edited:

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: The official Jump Square thread

P.S. Since you've scanned ToI already then you should just scan one more series and leave the rest up to me; it'll keep me busy. I have total dibs on Kure-nai so scan either Pat-ken and Unfotable. Then on friday/Saturday I will scan Kure-nai and whatever you don't pick by then. Thanks! ^^
Great! I will scan unfotable's soccer series then, since there was a request for it. ^_^

BTW guys, I stumbled upon this on my free-time. It's about beet's hiatus. I wonder what it specifically says though...

http://www.vandelbuster.net/kyusai.html
First, it explains that Monthly Shounen JUMP was cancelled, and replaced by Jump Square, etc. So, Beet went on hiatus as well. The author has been unwell and has not completely recovered. So, they haven't decided on a return date for the series. When the series does return, it will be announced on both the home pages of Jump Square and V Jump.
 

dsr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
138
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Great! I will scan unfotable's soccer series then, since there was a request for it. ^_^
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm starving to death! I crave for Pat-Ken...................
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: The official Jump Square thread

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm starving to death! I crave for Pat-Ken...................
I think my request was a bit faster :p
 

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Lol, Either way the issue should be complete by the end of the week
 

dsr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
138
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I think my request was a bit faster :p
then we should switch our avatars since I'm the one who's crying! :p
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I believe the injury is a recurring one that struck the artist twice during serialisation prior to this break of his miffle finger breaking apart and the nails coming off.

although there have been rumours of serious illness
 

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

OMG the cover for issue 2 looks awesome! I so got Dibs on Shiki! That'll be first priority on my list once i get my hands on this issue!!

P.S. Just finished scanning Ginpachi, just started scanning Kure-nai and after i'm done with that i'm going to wrap up this issue with Pat-ken.

----------------------------------------
EDIT: Pat-ken, Kure-nai, and Ginpachi up!

Ginpachi-sensei chapter 01
Pat-ken chapter 01
Kure-nai chapter 01


Jump S.Q. #12 Complete! Big thanks to Kirimi, Kylara, and anyone else who took part in scanning these series!

Next issue on Tuesday, December 4th! Mark your calenders!
 
Last edited:

dsr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
138
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Thanks a lot to Asakura, Kirimi and Kylara!
Please keep up your wonderful and precious work!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top