Discussion - Kaido Thread | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Kaido Thread

FirenX

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Maybe..

if the Marines (in the Form of Garp/Sengoku or the 3 Admirals) were able to capture Kaido several times like it's stated he was, through those several times Vegapunk researched the working and existence of Devil Fruits, took some sample / power of Kaido during the time he was captured and from this Sample(s) created his Artifical Devil Fruit, wich Momo later ate. And since that, they were on the Hunt for Momo because

1. he may be the secret (next) Shogun of Wano Kuni and Kaido needs him to gain full Rule over the Country (wich another theory stated) and
2. They are afraid that with Momo, the Power / Devil Fruit of Kaido could be revealed and therefore be studied to find a way to defeat him.

And maybe, why Momo is also so afraid of Kaido: That since the Artifical Fruit may have a part of Kaido's Power (and maybe therefore part of his Soul?), he always gets traumatised because he can feel Kaidos rage because of the sheer willpower that was transferred to the Artifical Fruit.

BetaRuler

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
^ Your theories a bit wrong in that they appear to have been hunting for the samurai even before Momo ate the artificial fruit, also no one besides the straw hats party has even seen momo change into his dragon form.

chess4

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Kaido is failed world government experiment. There has been a lot of occasions where someone has been trying to kill him, I don't think he was captured by someone that many times and try to put him to death. I think When he was created, the WG was trying to create the perfect solider. The made Kaido, and tested trying to kill him at different points. I think all theexperiments on him drove him crazy, and when he broke out, he started his march to the top. With the revelation that Vegapunk worked with Judge, and we also know he worked with Ceasar Clown, I'm sure their work is tied in together.

During the Punk Hazard arc, there was a page that showed Oars jr, when the gigantification of the kids was discussed. I think Oars, Oars Jr, and Kaido were all Synthetic humanoid creations, but Kaido was the perfect model. There is a reason that in the last 50 or so chapter that Vegapunk has been mentioned multiple times, Ceasar Clown being around for over 200 chapters and the rescent revelation that Judge was outlaw Scientist, especially heading into the Kaido arc.

He has always been classified as the strongest creature, not person. I'm am sure that all of the different races have been revealed in one piece so far, so if he is not one of them, only one option left.....synthetic

onepieceuc1

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Luffy's going to solo him anyway.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Luffy's going to solo him anyway.
Oda said in a recent interview that this is not the case.
Luffy is gonna have a hard time with Kaido, just like how he always did with any boss-level opponent. I did vaguely remember Oda mentioned about the difficulty he faced in presenting Kaido vs Luffy since the basis of Kaido started as a "strong" character. Luffy is usually seemingly shown to be weaker than his opponent at the beginning and gradually finds way to counter-attack, and subsequently win the battle with mostly people (and animals) around him providing some form of help and support. :^_^

doppioandante

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
It's hard to find the quote from the real source,but this is the interview piece:
Oda "When Kaidou appeared for the first time, I said that Luffy can't defeat such a strong character yet. And I'm yet to know how Luffy would defeat Kaidou. Probably my audience will not be satisfied if the reason for defeating Kaidou is just because Luffy's punch is so strong. Luffy and I have to find a solution somehow."​

I hope we will see something new plot-wise, I'm really looking forward to the moment when we can see Kaido unleashing his power.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
It's hard to find the quote from the real source,but this is the interview piece:
Oda "When Kaidou appeared for the first time, I said that Luffy can't defeat such a strong character yet. And I'm yet to know how Luffy would defeat Kaidou. Probably my audience will not be satisfied if the reason for defeating Kaidou is just because Luffy's punch is so strong. Luffy and I have to find a solution somehow."​

I hope we will see something new plot-wise, I'm really looking forward to the moment when we can see Kaido unleashing his power.

Luffy will have to find another way to defeat Kaido. It can't be the conventional method like what he has been using all the time. :eek:

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I doubt Kaido got inside ID anyway, since only Shiki and Luffy managed to escape from there... So while Kaido was captured by Marines/Yonko, we know he specifically escaped from the Marines' prison ships and sank some of them, so I don't think Vegapunk ever had the chance to study him

While some people think Kaido is some sort of experiment (which is fairly possible, could explain the warning sign in Punk Hazard and the gian skull which seemed to have horns there), for sure the WG must have experimented with Oars' descendants maybe ?

TitaniumOxide

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Warning. Spoilers ahead.

Sorry guys, what with all the predictions, oni talk, human human fruit talks, heated arguments and now...

KAIDO IS A FISH!

I mean idk about you guys but I just had to make a thread because this is just hilarious. Also, the implications!

If he is a fish can his df let him swim? A unswimmable fish? Lmao. Damn Oda, EXPLAIN YOURSELF! Lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Warning. Spoilers ahead.

Sorry guys, what with all the predictions, oni talk, human human fruit talks, heated arguments and now...

KAIDO IS A FISH!

I mean idk about you guys but I just had to make a thread because this is just hilarious. Also, the implications!

If he is a fish can his df let him swim? A unswimmable fish? Lmao. Damn Oda, EXPLAIN YOURSELF! Lmao
Dragons in Japanese myth are based on sea creatures. Not sure why it's funny...

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I don't think he can swim. He most likely can breath underwater as long as he's tranformed, but most zoan animals can swim and dive. A Sabertooth for example, if he's any similar to modern day cats, should be an excellent swimmer, yet the DF user should still his strength and go straight to the bottom, such is their "curse".

It would be like when Jack "drowned". He survived because he can breath underwater but he couldn't move from the bottom.

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn my bad. I was that excited about learning his fruit.

Rmstorm

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Phantom Lord

That was before Oda came up with advances armament haki. Internal destruction haki was the answer.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
That was before Oda came up with advances armament haki. Internal destruction haki was the answer.
Not necessarily. It still doesn't answer how Luffy will defeat someone so strong.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Spoilers for Yakuza5:

So... WTF. The endfight in this game is also an analogy to a koi who seeks to overcome trials in order to get stronger. A Yakuza with a koitattoo wants to defeat kiryu(dragontattoo) to prove himself.

Whyyyyy, must Kaidou be the same?

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Waiting for Kaido's back story this year. We did get a flash back of Big Mom's past with Mother Caramel, so I'd like to know where Kaido came from, what made him a pirate and even why, he wanted to commit suicide, when first introduced into the series...?.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, Wano’s end after Kaido’s defeat is prob going to be the biggest target for what the most anticlimactic arc ending is. Oda didn’t shown his fruit respawning after landing in the volcano, so I figure he’s having Kaido “hibernate” for now before Wano comes back from its self-imposed break. So in the meantime while I wait for what happens there, and whatever may or may be added to his past, I’ll say for now that he put up quite an amusing fight. Somewhat repetitive at times, but still amusing.