- Joined
- May 8, 2008
- Messages
- 1,056
- Reaction score
- 915
- Age
- 37
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
BUMP!
"New" kanzenban edition, Prince of Tennis Kanzenban Season 2
"New" kanzenban edition, Prince of Tennis Kanzenban Season 2

..
I'm not sure that's a good analogy, since there's never any "hardcover" edition of manga around. While it holds true for regular publications, it doesn't apply for manga. Not to mention Bunko actually uses better quality paper than regular tanks, and usually includes the color spread (at least that's the case for the ones I bought).You need to also be aware that Soushuuhens aren't really like, the whole series. They're like Shonen Jump Magazine sized recaps that go over a few important chapters and sometimes have extra posters and stuff. But they're not meant to go over the whole series.
Where as Bunkoubans are basically paperback editions. They're cheap and have more content per book, they're meant to make a completed series easier to buy.

I have all One Piece LOG and a lot of Weekly Shonen Jump and the paper is different. OP LOG paper is better than WSJ paper (not much better, but the difference is visible).I don't know if ONE PIECE are soushuuhen, they are called LOGs, they contain all chapters (Don't skip anything) and have the color pages and some extra content, they are printed on WSJ type of paper.