Kara-lija's fanart...

karaj

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
26
Reaction score
22
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Really love your lines on your pictures, the grimmjow one was probably your best coloring the rest seems really odd colored but it works. :) good stuff!
Thanks! I'm curious though, in what way is it odd? :amuse I just want to know ~~~ I have a tutorial of sorts explaining the way I do color (it's all by Copic marker, with highlights and lighting work done on a super old program Corel Photopaint9 ) :amuse
 

noot_das_schaf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
158
Reaction score
180
Gender
Female
Country
Austria
wow, those are awesome fanarts~~~~
 

Pipio

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
31
Reaction score
5
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks! I'm curious though, in what way is it odd? :amuse I just want to know ~~~ I have a tutorial of sorts explaining the way I do color (it's all by Copic marker, with highlights and lighting work done on a super old program Corel Photopaint9 ) :amuse
Hi sorry didnt see your reply, well i guess its just depends on the persons taste :tem . What i see in the way you color just seems like big air brush, not very detailed and the lighting effects look really fake compared to how real you drawn the fan art. (by lighting effects i mean the shiny glare off things like orihimes hairpins.) But none the less they come off really nice, the grimmjow one stuck out to me cause the colors really blended well and well less shiny glare thingies on that one :p
 

karaj

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
26
Reaction score
22
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hi sorry didnt see your reply, well i guess its just depends on the persons taste :tem . What i see in the way you color just seems like big air brush, not very detailed and the lighting effects look really fake compared to how real you drawn the fan art. (by lighting effects i mean the shiny glare off things like orihimes hairpins.) But none the less they come off really nice, the grimmjow one stuck out to me cause the colors really blended well and well less shiny glare thingies on that one :p
Yeah, I guess it is one of those personal taste things. ^^; I love the glow (I'm a chick, I LOVE the shiny :D ), and that's why I always add it to my pics. And of course it's not going to please everyone.

As far as the airbrush effect, it's probably because I use the blend tool alot! I don't use Photoshop, so it's hard to keep my lines clean. Hahaha excuses, excuses, right?

If you're interested I do have a brief tutorial of sorts that just explains the (long, drawn-out) process of how I do my art: http://kara-lija.deviantart.com/journal/14947099/

If you're interested that is. It's quite different from most other peoples' drawing/coloring ways :tem
 

diojim

Artist
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2008
Messages
99
Reaction score
20
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
awesome! i like your style..5 stars!!
 
Top