Kidd vs luffys past opponents

bittman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
929
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Enel would have to be majorly stupid to output electricity in that fashion.
Off topic but: Do you remember Enel? Bit insane, bit full of himself, lost because he was majorly stupid/insane/god-complex/freaked-by-weakness, not because Luffy was a much better fighter. Even with Gear 2, I wouldn't dare say Luffy could beat Enel. For me, Enel is still the strongest villain the Strawhat's have faced and defeated, but I rate him sometimes thinking about him as if he was actually sane.
 

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
288
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Off topic but: Do you remember Enel? Bit insane, bit full of himself, lost because he was majorly stupid/insane/god-complex/freaked-by-weakness, not because Luffy was a much better fighter. Even with Gear 2, I wouldn't dare say Luffy could beat Enel. For me, Enel is still the strongest villain the Strawhat's have faced and defeated, but I rate him sometimes thinking about him as if he was actually sane.
I wouldn't exactly rate him as the strongest. It is exactly that kind of arrogance that gets him beaten. Most of the powerful opponents in OP (myself included :P) were defeated because of overconfidence. I believe perhaps Aokiji or Kizaru and stronger because they seem more careful and perhaps have even greater mastery of their powers (OK maybe not Kizaru he's a bit dopey sometimes too).
 

d3ad3r

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 19, 2009
Messages
36
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I think some of you mistake Kidd's magnetism power with metal manipulation. One thing is to attract and repel metal objects and another thing is to manipulate metal at will. I wonder if there is a logia-type which gives the user metal abilities, like making his body of metal and stuff.

And about the opponents Luffy had till now, I guess Kidd can't defeat the Admirals and maybe he might have a hard time with Lucci.
 

Goos

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
26
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Bounties

Guys, I hadn't got time to read the posts of the last page, so this post refers to the posts of the previous page, which has the "bounties" as main merit.

Before I start, I would like to say that what is going to be said throughout this post is MY opinion, ok? Now, shall I begin?

The WG doesn't take power strength as the main merit to attribute bounties to their enemies, yet, they get events caused by those who are getting bounties.

Let me try to specify better:
Kidd has caused lots of casualties in his way to half of GL.
Luffy has caused few events that had BIG consequences.

What I mean when I'm saying it?
Well, I'm trying to say that for the WG, getting Kidd is more important than getting Luffy.

Why so?
Luffy doesn't go around making mess as Kidd does. But, for the WG is way important to get Luffy too, because he owns a powerful and dangerous crew, which declared war against the WG. As an addition, Strawhat crew has caused LOTS of trouble to the WG, but, hasn't done anything at all agains civils, which, in the other hand, Kidd, as I said, has damaged / killed lots of people along his way to half GL.

We can see it when Garp tell Sengoku to do not worry about Luffy, because he is not the kind of person that goes around saying that he defeated Moria.
We could also have seen a case that shows Zoro being stronger than Luffy (which has been proved that is not exactly our case), but, Luffy would get a higher bounty than Zoro, because he is his leader, so, Zoro would respect Luffy's orders. That is why Luffy is more important than Zoro.

Furthermore, taking another important person as an example:
Kuma. He, before joining the Royal Shichibukai, had a previous bountie of cca. 316m, really close to Kidd and Luffy, but, he obliterated Strawhat crew (Zoro twice), after he appeared fighting against Kidd and Law.
How do we explain it? Well, IMO, Kuma didn't caused too much trouble to WG, but, his strenght had overscared the WG, which, by the way, could be the reason why Kuma has been invited to Shichibukai group.

Anyway, I guess that is enough.

Cheers,
 

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Bounties

[...] He, before joining the Royal Shichibukai, had a previous bountie of cca. 316m, really close to Kidd and Luffy, [...]
He had got a 296 millions bounty.
 

deffkryz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
809
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Bounties

What I mean when I'm saying it?
Well, I'm trying to say that for the WG, getting Kidd is more important than getting Luffy.

Why so?
Luffy doesn't go around making mess as Kidd does. But, for the WG is way important to get Luffy too, because he owns a powerful and dangerous crew, which declared war against the WG. As an addition, Strawhat crew has caused LOTS of trouble to the WG, but, hasn't done anything at all agains civils, which, in the other hand, Kidd, as I said, has damaged / killed lots of people along his way to half GL.
Yup. As Aokiji stated himself - the WG wasn't taking the Strawhats serious until "they" smashed Enies Lobby (we know it was the Marine that obliterated the island though :eyeroll )

Furthermore, taking another important person as an example:
Kuma. He, before joining the Royal Shichibukai, had a previous bountie of cca. 316m, really close to Kidd and Luffy, but, he obliterated Strawhat crew (Zoro twice), after he appeared fighting against Kidd and Law.
How do we explain it? Well, IMO, Kuma didn't caused too much trouble to WG, but, his strenght had overscared the WG, which, by the way, could be the reason why Kuma has been invited to Shichibukai group.
You forgot: A shichibukai's bounty won't rise any more once they achieved their status. Hancock's bounty - just to take a good looking example this time! :tem - would have risen for sure way beyond those 80,000,000฿. (Senghok himself stated that she's a fearsome enemy - and we just have seen a part of her DF abilities and .)

To get back on topic:
I completely agree with dice that Oda didn't put the three of them in a trio for nothing.
So do I as well.

Either of the admirals we've seen would annihilate Kidd, just like they would Luffy at the moment. Kuma, however, would get torn to pieces. A man made of metal vs a man who can freely control metal? That's not fair.
Uh, in fact er Kuma (and not one of the PX-1) encountered Kidd and Law on Sabãody Shouto - and Kuma afterwards was still able to smash (er - "save") the Strawhats. So I believe Kidd's power is currently nothing compared to Kuma's current one. (I believe as well, Kuma spread Kidd's and Law's pirates all over the world so he did with the Strawhats)

Lastly, I don't think Kidd would fair very well in ID because most of the stuff there is seastone, not metal. He'd certainly have no answer for Magellan's hydra.
Well the Blugori carry Axes made of steel I guess... :amuse

Against the SH crew, I think Luffy would likely beat Kidd in a tough fight. Zoro, Usopp, Chopper, Franky, and Brook would all stand basically no chance against his DF power.
Hm, why Chopper and Usopp? They don't use weapons neither made of iron. I'd take Nami in their place since her clima-tact's strongest attack are thunderbolts - and it's made of iron. (I've read the rest afterwards - but that part didn't explain to me why you're seeing it that way. ;) )
 

Phase

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
170
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh man, I forgot about this thread. You make a good point on Kidd vs Kuma certainly, but I don't think Kidd realized that PX-1 was made of metal. I just can't imagine that a magnetman couldn't beat a man made of metal in an even fight. Let's also remember that Kidd is a rookie like Luffy, and because of that he probably still has a lot of powering up to do.

It's true that there was some metal in ID, just not nearly as much as a prison should have. If he just blindly drew in all the metal around him like he did on SA, he'd likely get some kairoseke with it. There's certainly not enough metal lying around to battle Magellan with.

I included Chopper and Usopp because I don't believe they're generally strong enough fighters to defeat the highest bounty supernova. I don't think they'd get "trumped" by his DF power like others would, I just don't believe they're strong enough to defeat it. If the fight would be tough for Luffy (as I predicted), how could I say that Usopp or Chopper could stand a chance?

Finally, I don't think Nami could win against him, I just think she'd figure out a way to survive longer because she's good at that. The Clima Tact is made of Iron? If that were true, the lightning ball would just shock her when she first created it, as the entire weapon would would be conductive. In order for the weapon to even work, it can't be conductive. If it's not conductive, it's not magnetic.
 

deffkryz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
809
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Oh man, I forgot about this thread. You make a good point on Kidd vs Kuma certainly, but I don't think Kidd realized that PX-1 was made of metal. I just can't imagine that a magnetman couldn't beat a man made of metal in an even fight.
Well... not all metals are attracted by magnetic powers - in fact only iron is. And that's the problem whem Kidd tries to fight Kuma - I think Kuma stated in TB that his metal parts consists of an alloy stronger than iron/steel. Otherwise Zoro would have cut through these pieces with his Shishi Sonson in Ch.485, since this is his "steel-cutting hit".

I know what you told about "magnetic field currents" to heat up pieces of metal, and think that would be an interesting development but Kidd hasn't shown that kind of subtlety. ;)

Besides Kuma could send Kidd flying for three days with his pawns, seems to be faster than Rokushiki users and is able to fire beams - one of them even hit Kidd which was I guess some kind of welcoming. From what we have actually seen on Sabãody shouto, Kidd is no match for Kuma now, what of course doesn't mean that he won't.

Let's also remember that Kidd is a rookie like Luffy, and because of that he probably still has a lot of powering up to do.
Of course.

It's true that there was some metal in ID, just not nearly as much as a prison should have. If he just blindly drew in all the metal around him like he did on SA, he'd likely get some kairoseke with it. There's certainly not enough metal lying around to battle Magellan with.
Unless he doesn't touch the Kairoseki everything should be fine since I don't think that those sea stones drain the DF power from attached iron or steel that would be affected by Kidd.

I don't think Kidd would stand a chance against Magellan either though.

I included Chopper and Usopp because I don't believe they're generally strong enough fighters to defeat the highest bounty supernova. I don't think they'd get "trumped" by his DF power like others would, I just don't believe they're strong enough to defeat it. If the fight would be tough for Luffy (as I predicted), how could I say that Usopp or Chopper could stand a chance?

Finally, I don't think Nami could win against him, I just think she'd figure out a way to survive longer because she's good at that.
Ah, okay - we're thinking the same way, I only got you wrong somehow. Sry. :tem

The Clima Tact is made of Iron? If that were true, the lightning ball would just shock her when she first created it, as the entire weapon would would be conductive. In order for the weapon to even work, it can't be conductive. If it's not conductive, it's not magnetic.
Well, what other material could the clima-tact be made of instead of iron, steel or other metal? Wood? Glass? I don't think that there is that much other left.
 

Phase

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
170
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
As far as Kidd and Kuma, I suppose you're right that the fight would be too quick for Kidd to do much. However, if Kidd figured out what Kuma was, his ability could be highly effective. If Kuma is resilient against an EMP, that would be incredible. I'm sure Kidd could at least figure that out.

You're right about the kairoseke, he probably wouldn't burn himself with it.

I don't claim to know what the Clima Tact is made out of, but it can't possibly work if it's made out of a conductive material like iron. That especially goes for the upgraded model that can store electricity at one end. Maybe it's some made up material.
 

Flow9

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think Kidd could beat everyone luffy as faced except for the ice admiral guy. Even though Kidds bouty is higher than luffy he's still scared of people stronger than him. Go back and look at the manga you should have seen his face when it talked about admirals...lol
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,325
Reaction score
24,937
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I think kidd would lose most definitely to enel and kizaru.
The fight with crocodile would depend on whether kidd discovers his weakness and is able to use it. That woudlnt really mean he won though, that would just give him a chance. Anyways, in a normal situation I think crocodile would win most of the times
Against ron lucci is a hard one. Given how little we know I would say they ar equal
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's true that there was some metal in ID, just not nearly as much as a prison should have. If he just blindly drew in all the metal around him like he did on SA, he'd likely get some kairoseke with it. There's certainly not enough metal lying around to battle Magellan with.
Just out of curiousity but has it mentioned that Kairoseke is some sort of metal or whether its attracted by magnetic force?

As far as I know its formed in the sea.
 

Phase

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
170
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just out of curiousity but has it mentioned that Kairoseke is some sort of metal or whether its attracted by magnetic force?

As far as I know its formed in the sea.
I don't think it was ever mentioned, but normally you see kairoseke implanted inside of stuff like you would a gem I think. So I was just guessing that you'd get chunks of metal with kairoseke in it. That's just my assumption, and I really have nothing to base it off of except for Smoker's weapon. I may be totally wrong.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well, what other material could the clima-tact be made of instead of iron, steel or other metal? Wood? Glass? I don't think that there is that much other left.
Well, at least partly it is made out of dials from Sky Island. Dials are seashells so I would have to guess Calcium carbonate for the bulk of that part. Ussop had upgraded the original climatact with dials so there is more to it than the dials of course.
 

Metal D. Reaper

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
84
Reaction score
2
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
i jsut wanted to say that someone posted that iron was the only magnetic steel but it isn't almost every steel is magnetic expect of gold it is the only one who isn't magnectic
+ kid is the strongest supernova and he didn't get his bounty just by killing mere civilians but he sure killled some kapitains and major of the marine + kids crew has also 2 supernovas kid and killer soo the may even match the SH and the Kid pirates
 

deffkryz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
809
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Sorry for the off-topc but:

i jsut wanted to say that someone posted that iron was the only magnetic steel but it isn't almost every steel is magnetic expect of gold it is the only one who isn't magnectic
Of course, gold isn't steel - infact only iron (and iron-based alloys) are called steel.

Gold as a metal is diamagnetic - so it should be repelled by a magnetic force.

Krieg's armor was made of steel, right?
 

Metal D. Reaper

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
84
Reaction score
2
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
it was made of gold and diamonds soo no magnetic attraction but Kid could use the weapons of the crew of krieg also he has serveral weapons made of steel soo yes their is a chance.
And sorry for the mistake because in Dutch Steel means Ijzer and their is a huge amount of metals under it.
 
Top