Discussion - Kijima: an improvisation or not? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Kijima: an improvisation or not?

Byron

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
So yeah I was thinking how Kijima is one of the protagonists in the Tokyou Ghoul Jail. If I remember correctly, Ishida even wrote 600 pages worth of plot about it. The thing is that this game must have altered his plot. I mean, he introduced a character (Kijima) to increase the quality of a game. However, is that what really happened or was Kijima one of the characters that he was planning to introduce to his manga either way? What I'm trying say is that if Kijima was not originally thought-out, then Ishida made some improvisations in order to create an entertaining character that would be used in the game. If that's what happened, then doesn't that mean he altered the plot in order to fit him in? Some even said that his death was unexpected because he seemed like a key figure to the V organization. On the other hand, the very fact that Ishida wrote 600 pages worth of plot, makes me think that he was already a part of the plot and that he was already planning to use him. But if we take the second option as correct, then, would that make the game a side canon story which gives insight about Kijima or something completely unrelated? And most importantly: if we take Jail as canon material, would that mean that TG:re will be a slighty smaller series compared to how it was orginally planned since all this plot about Kijima, the 600 pages, were taken out and created a new entity instead of being used in the actual manga?

Let me hear your opinions.

Last edited:

KurokoGintoki

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Please register to see the content of this post.

Last edited: