Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 179 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

KimCorrea

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2016
Messages
740
Reaction score
815
Age
40
Country
Brazil
seeing these deaths I just remembered a bit of the story which I always found particularly brutal... Earlier in the story we see muzan complaining at his upper moons about their failures. And he said a bit which just.... hit me. He says he doesn't even want to create demons. Perhaps he never wanted to. So you have a thousands years worth of tragedy and rage from the demon hunters... And muzan didn't even want to do any of it. beyond eating to satisfy his own hunger of course. Muzan actually doesn't feel anything towards demon hunters, to him they are merely pests which get in the way of his grand objective which is actually super small. And... once muzan gets it the most likely scenario is that he will stop creating demons and simply live out eternity while killing merely what he needs to sustain himself. I wouldn't even be surprised if muzan ends demon kind himself once he gets his goal... So you have 1000 years worth of tragedy and rage directed against a guy who probably rather not even be there and will probably just remove himself altogether from humanity if the opportunity arises.

Heck.... something which I just thought of... musan makes the point that he doesn't want to create more demons.... so... maybe the only reason muzan keeps making demons is that demon slayers keep killing them. In that sense, demon slayers have actually have a non existent impact on demon population and barely made a dent on the amount of people that would have died. of course, demon slayers have saved specific lives but on a macro level it is entirely possible the amount of death is not different from what it would be without them, assuming muzan cares nothing about this and doesn't see a purpose in making more demons if they don't keep dying. heck, muzan even needs humanity, he can't afford to eradicate it.

And so... we have tokiko, genya and shinobu dying.... and the one responsible, musan, would rather not even be there.
I would've agreed to you if it wasn't for that moment muzan discovered nezuko survived the sun and he started to kill everyone around him. So he does kill for no reason.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,328
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I would've agreed to you if it wasn't for that moment muzan discovered nezuko survived the sun and he started to kill everyone around him. So he does kill for no reason.
My point is more about how little killing people means to muzan. Of course, we have seen him do it for no reason or out of sheer anger but he takes no pleasure nor does feel remorse in killing. To him, it's all of no consequence. He has so little regard for life that it means nothing to him one way or the other.
 

Ace

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2016
Messages
180
Reaction score
283
Age
35
Country
Canada
Tokito was just 14 and already a Hashira. Such a shame. So much talent. I feel sorry for him, but the moment he faced upper moon 1 it was clear that he is going to die. Can somebody explain how he made his blade turn red? That is going to be crucial in the fight against Muzan. We all know that Upper Moon 1 had the highest concentration of Muzan's Blood cells and he couldn't regenerate after Tokito made his blade turn red. Tanjirou used sun breathing against Daki and if I remember correclty she couldn't regenerate as fast as before.

Genya's death was heartbreaking. Sanemi is going to be traumatized and I wonder if he can still fight with all his injuries.

Who is going to die next? Either Kanroji or Iguro. However, Giyu will be the next rather important character to die. I guess he will be used to spark something within Tanjirou. His next step to get stronger.

Is Gotoge going to pull a Tite Kubo and present us an Upper Moon 0?
Muichiro's death in my opinion was even more hearthbraking then Genya. He deserved such a longer lifespan then he had. Genya really shocked since I said this before I thought the 5 senses would have plot armor on them, cause when you look at other characters in other mainstream manga Fairy tail main 5, Naruto main 3, those cast of characters survive the worst. I don't think sanemi is still even able to stand but I could be wrong. I mean by the time all demon slayers arrive to muzan location most will be dead or half dead. As for the next death, I'm gonna go with Iguro and Giyuu. I believe Giyuu death like you said will awaken something inside tanjiro making him be able to use Sun breathing agaisnt Muzan to defeat him sice Giyuu has played the big brother role for tanjiro this whole series. Iguro, on the other hand, I think will die protecting Mitsuri, and in his dying breath he will confess his love for mitsuri and die in her hands(cause Gotoge is gonna be that cruel). One cool little thing I would love to see after Iguro death is that after he died the snake that always on his neck is now always around Mitsuri neck as the last momento to his death.

Also, you've got nothing to worry about this author pulling a Kubo, Trust me I'm a bleach fan and I watched that living garbage fire of a final arc. The only way to make this arc bleach level would be..... well nothing even IF they were to introduce an upper moon 0, I don't think that would make this arc worse. The only Upper moon that hasn't been introduced:
Upper Moon 1: Dead
Upper Moon 2: Dead
Upper Moon 3: Dead

So it's safe to say the top 3 are finally down, however.....
Upper Moon 4 : Replaced, Currently in battle
Upper Moon 5: ???????????
Upper Moon 6: Replaced, Dead

We've honestly completely forgotten that there's still another upper moon lurking around somewhere and that could be a problem for some groups since some groups have yet to recover from their injuries. I mean it would be a bit weird really that Muzan replaced both 4 and 6, but just completely hopped over 5, but hey these are his demons so who am I to question him.
 
Last edited:

Admiral Teach

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
1,431
Reaction score
2,072
Country
Water Tribe
I think maybe there is no Upper Moon 5. Didn't Kokushibou state that seat was vacant? Someone said that. I know they did. Surely. . .
Muichiro's death in my opinion was even more hearthbraking then Genya. He deserved such a longer lifespan then he had. Genya really shocked since I said this before I thought the 5 senses would have plot armor on them, cause when you look at other characters in other mainstream manga Fairy tail main 5, Naruto main 3, those cast of characters survive the worst. I don't think sanemi is still even able to stand but I could be wrong. I mean by the time all demon slayers arrive to muzan location most will be dead or half dead. As for the next death, I'm gonna go with Iguro and Giyuu. I believe Giyuu death like you said will awaken something inside tanjiro making him be able to use Sun breathing agaisnt Muzan to defeat him sice Giyuu has played the big brother role for tanjiro this whole series. Iguro, on the other hand, I think will die protecting Mitsuri, and in his dying breath he will confess his love for mitsuri and die in her hands(cause Gotoge is gonna be that cruel). One cool little thing I would love to see after Iguro death is that after he died the snake that always on his neck is now always around Mitsuri neck as the last momento to his death.

Also, you've got nothing to worry about this author pulling a Kubo, Trust me I'm a bleach fan and I watched that living garbage fire of a final arc. The only way to make this arc bleach level would be..... well nothing even IF they were to introduce an upper moon 0, I don't think that would make this arc worse. The only Upper moon that hasn't been introduced:
Upper Moon 1: Dead
Upper Moon 2: Dead
Upper Moon 3: Dead

So it's safe to say the top 3 are finally down, however.....
Upper Moon 4 : Replaced, Currently in battle
Upper Moon 5: ???????????
Upper Moon 6: Replaced, Dead

We've honestly completely forgotten that there's still another upper moon lurking around somewhere and that could be a problem for some groups since some groups have yet to recover from their injuries. I mean it would be a bit weird really that Muzan replaced both 4 and 6, but just completely hopped over 5, but hey these are his demons so who am I to question him.
Also, great post! I agree that even if Muzan, say split a part of him off or pumped blood into some random Lower Moon equivalent running about and called him 0, it would not really bother the flow of the story. A freshly appointed Moon with no training on how to use their newfound potential could easily go down after a struggle. And after Tokitou and Genya, we would all probably be biting our nails to see if Gater-sensei strikes again.

Would be awful to learn that, should there really be a 5 and I am just crazy thinking I read someone said it was a vacant position, is actually on their way to secure Nezuko. Terrible to think.

And maybe UM4 is this series' 0th Espada. Maybe we'll learn that she was his freaking sister/lover and he went slow with her growth to make sure his blood didn't hurt her, and she's now crazy resilient. And in next few chapters he goes to her, pumps her full and then declares she like 90% as strong as himself. The fortress turns into a legit death-trap maze that would put a Zelda dungeon to weeping shame, and we get a final battle with everyone fighting her.

While in the meantime Muzan slips off to pursue Nezuko. I stand by my theory that the final battle will be at that mountain in the twilight before dawn.
 

Laminariales

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Messages
393
Reaction score
395
Gender
Female
Country
Akatsuki
Cry in color,,,


also still bestest translation even though thank God we have many
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,411
Gender
Male
Country
France
I love how even in this state Muichirou didn't lose his sharp tongue... Sanemi wakes up to see his brother die and Himejima tells him to think about the mission right after his death... I know he is a good person but still...
 

Admiral Teach

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
1,431
Reaction score
2,072
Country
Water Tribe
Himejima is right though. They have to move. Because as bad as the situation is, it's going to get worse if they fail to kill Muzan. He can just go and create a new Upper Moon if he likes, and with time they will be just as strong as their predecessors. Heck, nothing's stopping him from grabbing one of the Pillars, even Himejima, and replacing Kokushibou with him.

Come to think, what would happen if Sanemi became a demon? Would his blood still drive him crazy? It would be funny if he gets cut and starts gnawing on his own arm like, "gyaaah! I can't take it! Why'd you have to cut me?!" And the swordsman being like, "wut..."
 

Laminariales

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Messages
393
Reaction score
395
Gender
Female
Country
Akatsuki
Himejima is right though. They have to move. Because as bad as the situation is, it's going to get worse if they fail to kill Muzan. He can just go and create a new Upper Moon if he likes, and with time they will be just as strong as their predecessors. Heck, nothing's stopping him from grabbing one of the Pillars, even Himejima, and replacing Kokushibou with him.

Come to think, what would happen if Sanemi became a demon? Would his blood still drive him crazy? It would be funny if he gets cut and starts gnawing on his own arm like, "gyaaah! I can't take it! Why'd you have to cut me?!" And the swordsman being like, "wut..."
Worst of it all those sacrafices will be in vain, sanrise is the goal and the time limit

He would reject demonhood as Kokushibou said some could and chew muzan with his human teeth as a tribute to genya
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
Tanjiro and genya last conversation witch each other was at chapter 136. had he decide to go with Tanjiro to giyu he probably wouldn t die. It be Tanjiro,Giyu and Genya vs Akaza. Which would have end in this three victory.Kokushibo vs Himejima,Sanemi and Tokito would have end in Kokushibo victory without genya help. Which have make situation far worse than right now.
 

Laminariales

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Messages
393
Reaction score
395
Gender
Female
Country
Akatsuki
Fun fact, one of shinazugawa sisters was named Sumi, the butterfly estate girl named Sumi as well bonded with genya quite a bit in 2nd novel
 

Meliodaf

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2016
Messages
2,424
Reaction score
3,511
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ouch. I can’t believe they killed Genya. Watching Shinazugawa scream in pain makes it worse. I love this chapter as much as I hate it. I think it’s time to transition back to Mitsuri and Iguro but after this I can only see it being a step backwards. Doesnt mean I think it’s going to be bad but I think that has to be next and I doubt it’ll match this fight
 

Samael Morningstar

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 15, 2018
Messages
4,556
Reaction score
4,471
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Shinazugawa screaming in pain makes me feel so happy and satisfied(since he stabbed nezuko so he deserves pain) tho I didn't like genya die pretty bold move by the writer.
But Still genya dying is a sacrifice to make shinazugawa know pain of stabbing Nezuko
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,387
Reaction score
12,175
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Shinazugawa screaming in pain makes me feel so happy and satisfied(since he stabbed nezuko so he deserves pain) tho I didn't like genya die pretty bold move by the writer.
But Still genya dying is a sacrifice to make shinazugawa know pain of stabbing Nezuko
Wow, this is certainly an interesting take...
 

Samael Morningstar

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 15, 2018
Messages
4,556
Reaction score
4,471
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Yeah, fuck Shinazugawa for not trusting the creatures that took everything from him.
Nope he can rape as much of demons he want but the moment he hurt Nezuko chan, that moment I manipulated fate to give him far more pain than what he gave to Nezuko chan and no pain is bigger than losing someone you love the most.
 

Gladiolus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
507
Reaction score
1,376
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I knew Tokitou was done since he was cut in half and didn't have demon powers to regenerate, but Genya's death really took me by surprise, I didn't knew Gotouge would be bold enough to kill him, but here we are..
I'm going to be honest, I actually kinda disliked Genya at the beginning of the series. He looked just like another Bakugou-like angry, extremely rude character (with the same voice included) and I hated how disrespectful he was with Ubuyashiki's child. I thought I wasn't going to like him much until I read the Swordsmith village arc, when he developed to a more humble and nice character and grew a genuine friendship with Tanjirou and left aside his ambition to be a Pillar to help Tanjirou defeat Hantengu. It was a this time when I started to like the character, and with the reveal that he wanted to bond with his brother after he regretted insult him made him become one of my favourite characters. So, seeing him die as he tearfully disintegrates and tells farewell to Sanemi was a huge punch in the gut. I don't know what to think, really. In one hand, it's nice to see that Kokushibou wasn't a joke and managed to kill two named strong characters, but on the other, I really wanted Genya to live...

Now I got clear that no one is safe in this arc. Himejima is going to perish for sure, and Sanemi has huge probabilities to die too, as he has lost everything and he doesn't has anything else to lose. I don't know about the rest, but I'm also fearing for Kanroji and snek boy to die too. Please spares them at least, crocodile-sensei.
 
Last edited:

Ace

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2016
Messages
180
Reaction score
283
Age
35
Country
Canada
I knew Tokitou was done since he was cut in half and didn't have demon powers to regenerate, but Genya's death really took me by surprise, I didn't knew Gotouge would be bold enough to kill him, but here we are..
I'm going to be honest, I actually kinda disliked Genya at the beginning of the series. He looked just like another Bakugou-like angry, extremely rude character (with the same voice included) and I hated how disrespectful he was with Ubuyashiki's child. I thought I wasn't going to like him much until I read the Swordsmith village arc, when he developed to a more humble and nice character and grew a genuinen friendship with Tanjirou and left aside his ambition to be a Pillar to help Tanjirou defeat Hantengu. It was a this time when I started to like the character, and with the reveal that he wanted to bond with his brother after he regretted insult him made him become one of my favourite characters. So, seeing him die as he tearfully disintegrates and tells farewell to Sanemi was a huge punch in the gut. I don't know what to think, really. In one hand, it's nice to see that Kokushibou wasn't a joke and managed to kill two named strong characters, but on the other, I really wanted Genya to live...

Now I got clear that no one is safe in this arc. Himejima is going to perish for sure, and Sanemi has huge probabilities to die too, as he has lost everything and he doesn't has anything else to lose. I don't know about the rest, but I'm also fearing for Kanroji and sneak boy to die too. Please spares them at least, crocodile-sensei.
At this point it's hard to really say who safe. I thought some characters would be safe like the 5 senses but Gotouge obviously proving me wrong if we thought that these characters would be protected by plot armor

The only characters in my opinion that are "Safe" are
Tanjiro
Inosuke
Zenutsu
Nezuko
Kanao(Maybe)
I guess maybe if you want to thow Kanao in there go ahead, but from the looks of it, it dosent really look like she'll make it far with her eyes like that but hey I could be wrong.

As for pillars, no one is safe. Would I really be surprised if ALL pillars are dead by the end of this arc not really. Gotouge made it pretty clear that she inst afraid to cut fan favorites or major story characters, and I dant think we'll ever get a Bleach situation again of when you kill a character and people would riot and send you death threats that you then decide to bring them back(Fuckin hell that was insane). Now, who has the best chance to survive by the end of this? i'm gonna list them down on a scale from 1-10, 1 being, no way, 10 being they'll be aight.

Gyomei(1)
Sanemi(2)
I mean, do these two even have a purpose being alive after the arc? and Gyomei having that demon slaying mark dosent help either, I think they will both give major contributions in order to defeat Muzan, but then Die trying leaving the rest to the 5 senses (minus 1)

Iguro(?)
I mean, even at this point of the series and we know jack squat about this guy:-_-
I guess if you want one of you're ships to sail with Mituri then OK, but we don't even know how powerful he is. For all we know he could be the most powerful demon slayer, or even the weakest if he relies on poison like Kocho does and is by far less quick, so we'll see.

Giyuu(50-50)
Mitsuri(8)
These are by far the fan favorites of whats left of the pillars so if any of these were to die then I get the feeling the Fan base would riot. I mean, imagine these two dying and the other 3 surviving. OOOF. but anyways back to the list. Giyuu death flags have been everywhere, I mean for one, his sword is broken so I don't know how much fighting he'll be able to do with his condition. He nearly died against upper moon 3 had it not been for tanjiro, but that a debate for another day. Mitsuri...... Usually if we're doing this based off of right now, Mitsuri like, a 0. She already proven that her battle IQ isnt the hightest and that she kinda just bursts into battle without realizing their weakness or abilites. If Mitsuri makes to Muzan with that sort of mind set, she dead, like, REAL dead. But I think Mitsuri will somehow ougrow that nature of hers which will allow her to defeat Upper Moon 4.

If I had to take a wild guess on who gonna survive out of the pillars then I guess it would be mitsuri. I mean WHY?
Why would you kill her? I don't know what the purpose would even be story-wise or character development-wise, maybe I guess for Iguro so that way he maybe awakens something like his demon slayer mark, but other than that her death wouldn't make sense.

Giyuu is a close second on surviving but his death could probably help character development-wise. His death could probably help Tanjiro awaken the breath of the Sun and defeat Muzan.

Also if Mitsuri is the only Pillar to survive then MitsurixZenutsu:3c:cheez
 

Laminariales

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Messages
393
Reaction score
395
Gender
Female
Country
Akatsuki
The anime cultivated a lot of nezuko fanatics, which was a pleasant surprise heroines are usually hated in shounen, but still....

a comment on twitter was like did the older shinazugawa kill wani-sensei parents or something!!! - it touched me, and gotouge parents are probably demons
 

Knight of Stalwart Heart

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2013
Messages
1,267
Reaction score
1,332
Country
Akatsuki
The chapter is all about familial love and friendship, happiness as well as letting go.

The first page of the chapter is interesting because it represents a demon refusing to let go and leaving a trail of ugliness with it's claws. This is something which is very much observable with Kokushibo and Akaza. Kokushibo was envious and unhappy due to his brother, wanted to be strong and as capable as Yoriichi was and could not let go of this obsession, turned into a demon to be like him and in the end all he left before he died was a trail of bloodshed. Akaza was similar in that he would not let go of fighting untill he had visions of the girl he was in love with and let go of his life as a demon. In both the cases, Muzan approached them took advantage of their unhappiness and suffering, and turned them into demons. Given what we have seen from other demons, they likely once were people who lived lives where they were unappreciated, lived exceptionally terrible lives like Gyutaro and his sister Daki or simply born a human lacking in emotions like Doma and were taken advantage of by Muzan and his demons as well. This is in contrast with humans like Tokito and Himejima who were unhappy as misfortune struck them in their lives but also were able to let go of their suffering, and were approached by Kaguya and joined the demon slaying corps one way or another.

Also, witnessing Tokito's death is probably very hard for someone like Himejima who is very caring and affectionate towards children.
 
Top