Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 183 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 183 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

HHellenn

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I just thought mitsuri's lines were literal trolling on the translators part. As in, most don't even make sense.
I don’t think that a good translator will add something to the picture that was not there initially.

Piratehunter Zoro

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Kanroji is useless and annoying. To think that some readers rate her as a Top 3 Demon Slayer...

Couldn't do anything against the Biwa girl. Acts like a child against Muzan.

I think that Muzan will escape at some point in order to pursue Nezuko.

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Kanroji is useless and annoying. To think that some readers rate her as a Top 3 Demon Slayer...

Couldn't do anything against the Biwa girl. Acts like a child against Muzan.

I think that Muzan will escape at some point in order to pursue Nezuko.
Well since Mitsuri is my fav pillar I'll have to defend her a bit. Ye she didint do anything to the Biwa girl but neither did Iguro, because even at this point in the series It's Mitsuri>Iguro. In terms of power rankings, Idk who put Mitsuri in top 3, she like 5-6 ish in terms of power rankings. In terms of Popularity, she might jus top 3 because the 3rd spot is up for grabs. I think at this point most ppl are in agreement that Giyuu/Kocho are the top 2, so you could make an argument on who 3rd, but the public will speak after Season 2 comes out. At this point guys, it's just her personality, and slowly we're gonna have to accept it, her use in this series was for pretty much humor even in the stressful of situations, I mean forget Muzan, she been doing this ever since she been introduced, al the way to her first battle against upper moons. Also the arc not over yet, and like I said, from the looks of it Mitsuri and Tanjiro we're the only ones sent to the surface so maybe finally just finally we might get a chance to see her get serious.

Or maybe not :scry

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
At least in the fan translation I reread, in his fight with Rengoku, Akaza actually used a destruction style demon art to defeat him, and only in the nick of time before sunrise. Against Giyuu and Tanjirou, he does not even bother to use this Destruction Style until his head is about to regenerate fully, which he then directed on himself. Comparing those two Pillars with Rengoku, he does seem definitely on par with Himejima and Sanemi.

As for Tokitou, definitely in swordsman ship he was weakest. But his battle spirit was unbelievable. Even when sliced in half, he did not stop...
I mean to me Kochou is still the weakest demon slayer, due to her reliance on poison, but this is a conversation for another thread.

honestly, i have no idea of how to rate the pillars outside of himejima being the strongest. The lot of them being about comparable otherwise. I suppose I'd rate tokito as the weakest on account of his age... the series went all about how rengoku was so strong and everything but nothing I've seen suggests he is that much stronger than.... any non himejima pillar. As in, I'd see any of the other pillars ending exactly the same way if they tried to solo akaza.

That said... kanroji has a BS strong body and a sword which the series has stressed only she can use. Given that for me its hard to imagine her being just an average hashira.
This is what I think people main problem with Mitsuri, she not using her full potential. Both her and Iguro have both showed next to nothing of their full capabilities in this series, I wouldn't call Mitsuri useless tho, but she obviously underachieving in this arc.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I was wondering where all the Kanroji hate is coming from....Please let's wait for better translations, because whew!! What we have currently has my girl Mitsuri looking and sounding like a complete idiot. I ain't going to lie, the hate this chapter is valid. Even the Demon slayer offering himself up to be eaten...lol like wtf

levi12

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Kanroji is too much like Shinoa from Owari no seraph. Bu far more silly and bubbly.

She need take this seriously. Even someone like Zenitsu would take this seriously if he was facing Muzan. Life are at stake and people are dying. How can she joke around in time like this?

Last edited by a moderator:

everythingnice

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Mitsuri is starting to get a bit annoying...I can't believe I at some point liked her more than Kanao and Shinobu :/ I regret that, honestly. I'll wait for a better translation for now though, but her expressions themselves are pretty stupid. "I'm not an idiot" makes her more of an idiot with that idiotic expression.

Other than that, I didn't really enjoy this chapter. Nakime is going out so easily... That Demon Slayer offering himself to Yushirou...what...

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Deleted all the posts discussing the rankings of the pillars. You have a thread for that.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I was wondering where all the Kanroji hate is coming from....Please let's wait for better translations, because whew!! What we have currently has my girl Mitsuri looking and sounding like a complete idiot. I ain't going to lie, the hate this chapter is valid. Even the Demon slayer offering himself up to be eaten...lol like wtf
Criticizing a character does not necessarily mean hate.

And to be fair, I disliked her before this chapter.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
It's not so much the text that I'm talking about, as the translators are obviously trolling. Her facial reactions, on the other hand...

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Criticizing a character does not necessarily mean hate.

And to be fair, I disliked her before this chapter.
True. I'm well aware Mitsuri wasn't favored or liked by many.

It was just so many post, of dislike, it didnt seem valid. Until I read the translation. Many dont like her character but this chapter seemed to highlight all her flaws and reasons why ppl dont like her character. At least with those translation.

I like Mitsuri, so I'll defend the character. This chapter, may make it hard going foward however...

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mitsuri is also one of my favorites, but, yeah, her flippant attitude during this fight is a bit off. Even Inosuke got properly serious during his fight with Douma. Like, her mulling over wanting Himejima to help and their plan to buy Yushiro time is fine...but the reactions she's giving off just don't work.

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Mitsuri I think needs to have a Zenutsu Transition. Big cry baby to Being considered the best boi because of how badass he is. I don't know what people early thought was on Zenutsu, but he was much worse then Mitsuri early in the story.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mitsuri I think needs to have a Zenutsu Transition. Big cry baby to Being considered the best boi because of how badass he is. I don't know what people early thought was on Zenutsu, but he was much worse then Mitsuri early in the story.
I think it's a bit too late for that unfortunately. We're at the big bad already.

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think it's a bit too late for that unfortunately. We're at the big bad already.
Not necessarily, Remember what triggered Zenutsu to turn Serious was the death of his master, which made him takes battles much more seriously. Iguro from what we know is Mitsuri Closest friend, So maybe Iguro's death could maybe trigger something. Then again if I have to contradict myself a bit, Kyoujiro was a mentor role for Mitsuri, and when he died Mitsuri personality didn't change a bit.

The story will continue after this anyways so there's plenty of time for her to change

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
It's now translated

Not the first time Kimetsu has random comedy in the middle of fights, the author is just making it into Mitsuri too much it makes her annoying. Isn't the first time she's like this though, I always liked her but didn't enjoy her fights for how childish she could get, I hope in the next chapters there aren't more funny panels about her.

Didn't expect Tanjiro to advance a bit :wtf the cover makes me hopeful that Kanao and everyone else will arrive soon, I can see things gettinh worse now (I love the comedy in this manga but I wish it didn't have this much in the final battle).

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I personally Like comedy in a final battle, which is pretty much Mitsuri use in the series. I mean hey, I loved it when Naruto used a sexy jutsu on the final antagonist in the series lol. :teehee

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not necessarily, Remember what triggered Zenutsu to turn Serious was the death of his master, which made him takes battles much more seriously. Iguro from what we know is Mitsuri Closest friend, So maybe Iguro's death could maybe trigger something. Then again if I have to contradict myself a bit, Kyoujiro was a mentor role for Mitsuri, and when he died Mitsuri personality didn't change a bit.
Eh, Zenitsu has always been rather serious in his fights. It was just outside of fights that he made jokes and what not.

Mitsuri also didn't get serious with Shinobu died and she was said to have a close relationship with her as well.

Official Chapter is out:

Last edited:

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Eh, Zenitsu has always been rather serious in his fights. It was just outside of fights that he made jokes and what not.

Mitsuri also didn't get serious with Shinobu died and she was said to have a close relationship with her as well.

Official Chapter is out:

Its weird how Tanjiro and Giyu seems more effect with Shinobu death than Kanroji despite suppose closeness of Kanroji and Shinobu.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I personally Like comedy in a final battle, which is pretty much Mitsuri use in the series. I mean hey, I loved it when Naruto used a sexy jutsu on the final antagonist in the series lol. :teehee
Lol at that point Naruto series was garbage so yeah 😊