Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 194 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 194 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Sato-san

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yoriichi seems to have went to town on Muzan. Dude is scarred up like crazy.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Man, this series always manages to get even more hardcore.

Iguro keeps surprising me which I love. I don't regret that pity vote I gave him in the favorite Pillar thread.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Same. I gave him the vote because he looked cool with 2 different eye colors, covered faced, small figure with a snake..and he elbow dropped into Tanjiro quite mainly..while none of the hashira said anything..

That being Said, yourichi and tamayo have laid the ground work to defeat Muzan. Without someone exactly like Yourichi having to be there.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am still curious as to why the injuries yorichi gave muzan persisted over all this time. Realistically speaking most of muzan's body from back then isn't even a thing since it exploded and what survived was just a fraction of it from which muzan regenerated. Is it due to something unique about yorichi or is it something that pertains to red blades? or perhaps yorichi's red blade was unique... If its something pertaining to red blades then it means that red blades give demons injuries that endure over time and even mutilation. I suppose that would be consistent with the wound kokushibo took from the iron red ball disintegrating once kokushibo gave up his will to live/fight. In any case, the red blade being what did this makes more sense than this being due to kokushibo being magical or something to that effect.

im.me

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am still curious as to why the injuries yorichi gave muzan persisted over all this time. Realistically speaking most of muzan's body from back then isn't even a thing since it exploded and what survived was just a fraction of it from which muzan regenerated. Is it due to something unique about yorichi or is it something that pertains to red blades? or perhaps yorichi's red blade was unique... If its something pertaining to red blades then it means that red blades give demons injuries that endure over time and even mutilation. I suppose that would be consistent with the wound kokushibo took from the iron red ball disintegrating once kokushibo gave up his will to live/fight. In any case, the red blade being what did this makes more sense than this being due to kokushibo being magical or something to that effect.
Well, when Tanjiro received his blade, the smith and his master where curious about what color it would turn when he graved it, and when it was revealed it was black, it was said that it's properties weren't known. So maybe that's it.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, when Tanjiro received his blade, the smith and his master where curious about what color it would turn when he graved it, and when it was revealed it was black, it was said that it's properties weren't known. So maybe that's it.
But... did yorichi have a black blade as well? I can't remember if that has been said. It'd make sense that the properties of a black blade wouldn't be known in this scenario since it'd be pretty much useless against any other lesser demon. You either kill it or get killed, thus you'd never figure out what it did.

Sato-san

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
But... did yorichi have a black blade as well? I can't remember if that has been said. It'd make sense that the properties of a black blade wouldn't be known in this scenario since it'd be pretty much useless against any other lesser demon. You either kill it or get killed, thus you'd never figure out what it did.
Yoriichi had a Black Blade also.

But what I’m assuming is that a Red Blade puts out Maximum sunlight absorbed by the metal, and it destroys you on a cellular level. Hence why Muzan is starting to get scarred. Basically, Yoriichi’s Blade Gabe Muzan a sunburn by outputting UV radiation which destroyed his cellular structure. Which is why, now that he’s aged, his scars are popping up like crazy.

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Lets gooo it's about to go down the ultimate demon battle Tanjiro and Muzan. Ok this dude is op asf, his organs are even complicated lmao.

Merlin918

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I agree. Even if Yorichi's blade inflicted some kind of everlasting magical burn or something that prevents regeneration, in that case, Muzan should have just died altogether. Muzan's body exploded completely, if the wounds couldn't regenerate, he would never have been able to put himself back together.

All that said, the action still seems really good this chapter.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I agree. Even if Yorichi's blade inflicted some kind of everlasting magical burn or something that prevents regeneration, in that case, Muzan should have just died altogether. Muzan's body exploded completely, if the wounds couldn't regenerate, he would never have been able to put himself back together.

All that said, the action still seems really good this chapter.
Another part worth noting is that the wounds just now showed up. Wouldn't we have gotten some sort of indication that muzan had these wounds before if they were actively burning him? even as a general annoyance... It's also weird that the wounds would even be weak points. I suppose that a double red blade cut is bound to be an issue though. The scars showing up now could be due to a number of things. Maybe even a combination. Even muzan seems surprised about this development.

We also shouldn't just assume things characters say are right just because they said it. most characters are uneducated dumbasses who don't know anything about anything. For context, tanjiro is barely more cultured than freaking inosuke. Taking anything tanjiro has to say about cells, which is a miracle he even knows exist, at face value is insane.

That said, I will note that the wounds being magical and preventing regeneration shouldn't be enough to kill muzan. That's a fact, we saw it. Muzan already took the full blunt of yorichi's red bladed 13th breath and is still alive. I'd argue that it's not necessarily the case that yorichi simply hacking at him a few more times would be enough to kill him. it could be the case but what we know about breaths and red blades does not exactly justify it.

yadayada

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Another part worth noting is that the wounds just now showed up. Wouldn't we have gotten some sort of indication that muzan had these wounds before if they were actively burning him? even as a general annoyance... It's also weird that the wounds would even be weak points. I suppose that a double red blade cut is bound to be an issue though. The scars showing up now could be due to a number of things. Maybe even a combination. Even muzan seems surprised about this development.

We also shouldn't just assume things characters say are right just because they said it. most characters are uneducated dumbasses who don't know anything about anything. For context, tanjiro is barely more cultured than freaking inosuke. Taking anything tanjiro has to say about cells, which is a miracle he even knows exist, at face value is insane.

That said, I will note that the wounds being magical and preventing regeneration shouldn't be enough to kill muzan. That's a fact, we saw it. Muzan already took the full blunt of yorichi's red bladed 13th breath and is still alive. I'd argue that it's not necessarily the case that yorichi simply hacking at him a few more times would be enough to kill him. it could be the case but what we know about breaths and red blades does not exactly justify it.
The way I interpreted is simply that Muzan's body naturally continously regenerated those wounds, but now that he is diverting his energies to fighting off other things (the fight, for one, but also Tamayo's drug) he is starting to get weaker to the point where he cannot regenerate the burned flesh efficiently anymore, thus the wounds Yoriichi gave him surfaced.

I agree though, these probably won't be enough to beat Muzan, it's probably just going to be harder for him to instantly regenerate wounds inflicted on his body in these spots.
I think the way this fight will play out is Muzan will probably start considering an escape now, but Nezuko's arrival will make him stay. What does him in is probably eventually going to be the sun.

Lord Traffy Law

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
damn , this is really wrapping up