Voting Round 1 - King Meruem vs Marian Cross | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 King Meruem vs Marian Cross

Who wins?

• King Meruem

• Marian Cross

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

King Meruem
Hunter x Hunter
Marian Cross
D.Gray-man

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Best luck @Page

As you all know, Marian has been the only character I have consistently nominated in all the husbando wars. He is an interesting and charming, male character in many ways, and has something, an allure and, qualities that make him irresistible.
Marian -" Seriously, Erin, you should stop nominating me... I don't need a crown, I don't need anything, as long as you're convinced of my worth!"

Me - :pout
Me - "But Marian... it's not about a crown, I just want people to realize who you truly are and how proud I am of you...!"

I will try to post something when I have a little time. Please, support him. <3

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
hmmm what to do? I like dgm but i dont like Cross and i dont like Hxh but i like Meruem smh

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I shall vote for cross in exchange for a vote on hughes erichii, mostly cuz i like cross, but fair exchange is needed :hurr what do you say?

Crimson_Dawn13

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'll be honest, I don't know either of these characters, but simply from the design, Meruem just grabbed my attention immediately, so he takes my vote. (Might change my vote though, if @Erinyes is able to tell me what specific qualities make her man so alluring, charming and irresistable... ~)

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
mereum is a cheap copy of Cel from DBZ xDDDD

(see erichii, i halp)

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I shall vote for cross in exchange for a vote on hughes erichii, mostly cuz i like cross, but fair exchange is needed :hurr what do you say?

Well, I'm usually, most of the time, voting for characters who have actual husbando qualities, the kind of characters I would say, "oh this one would make a nice, great husband because he's kind, honest, funny, etc..." Unless there's an amazing campaign, in this case I would give the credits to the nominator. I have already voted for Hughes when round 1 opened, but you are free to vote whoever you want. I didn't do it for a vote back or anything, just because Hughes is a great husband and father, in my book.

I'm a huge fan of HxH, I think Meruem is an outstanding character, extremely well written. But as a husband, I don't know. I'm not sure I would want him as a romantic partner, nor does anyone here. If you genuinely think Meruem has everything you would expect of a husband, if you dream to meet such a male, if he's the kind of man (? or creature) you would love to spend your life with, if you dream of /simp for a husbando like him, then well go and support him.

I will write a little something later about Marian. I will probably just adjust/recycle my oldest campaigns, tho.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'll be honest, I don't know either of these characters, but simply from the design, Meruem just grabbed my attention immediately, so he takes my vote. (Might change my vote though, if @Erinyes is able to tell me what specific qualities make her man so alluring, charming and irresistable... ~)
Oh, by design only, I'm pretty sure Marian is way way hotter than Meruem tho, unless you're into weird stuff :teehee

Yeah ofc, I will write later about Marian.

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Aww I knoww hughes is such good daddy material ♡♡♡♡
Well i already voted cross cuz he.s one of my fav dgm charas xD, was just playin around with the vote exchange comment ♡

And i.m glad you voted hughes then!!!!

Crimson_Dawn13

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Well, I'm usually, most of the time, voting for characters who have actual husbando qualities, the kind of characters I would say, "oh this one would make a nice, great husband because he's kind, honest, funny, etc..." Unless there's an amazing campaign, in this case I would give the credits to the nominator. I have already voted for Hughes when round 1 opened, but you are free to vote whoever you want. I didn't do it for a vote back or anything, just because Hughes is a great husband and father, in my book.

I'm a huge fan of HxH, I think Meruem is an outstanding character, extremely well written. But as a husband, I don't know. I'm not sure I would want him as a romantic partner, nor does anyone here. If you genuinely think Meruem has everything you would expect of a husband, if you dream to meet such a male, if he's the kind of man (? or creature) you would love to spend your life with, if you dream of /simp for a husbando like him, then well go and support him.

I will write a little something later about Marian. I will probably just adjust/recycle my oldest campaigns, tho.

Oh, by design only, I'm pretty sure Marian is way way hotter than Meruem tho, unless you're into weird stuff :teehee

Yeah ofc, I will write later about Marian.
Hahaha... yes, but hotness is only one single dimension of attractiveness. One's husbando can appear aesthetically attractive without having any sexual appeal. XD That, and the sheer amount of men and women who in their childhood had a crush on an anthropomorphic animal would imply that it's actually not that weird to crush on inhuman beings as long as they possess enough "human" traits.

Can't wait to see what you'll post!

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Introduction

Who is Marian ? - Overall presentation

I don’t have time to say more, but I will try to explain briefly what makes Marian a great husband. In fictional works, there are some characters written in a way that cannot make them convincing or engaging and they end up, most of the time being bland. And there are those characters who appear very little but who manage to make a strong impression. Marian is one of the latter category, he appears very little but he is so well written that he lets a great impact on the audience, despite appearing very little.​
Some people dislike him because they only watched the anime and the way he was portrayed in it was not how he is actually in the manga. The anime took the liberty of showing, and enhancing maybe some minor flaws to the point to make him sound like a bad guy sometimes, but he is not. Marian is a strong, nice, mysterious, funny, charming, handsome, and knowledgeable man with an outstanding personality. He is far from being flawless, he can be/act cold, he can be blunt but he is a honest man, independant, he won't follow blindly hierarchy nor he would let them manipulate him, he's clever and strong-willed. He acts for his own interests and he shows an incredible caring/fatherly side who makes him even more lovable. He raised Allen as if he were his own child, and he is someone who respects women, and to top off, he is hot. His flaws are no way some that make him bad, It is the other way, the more close to perfection are characters or people, the most boring they end up.​
Hoshino said about him: “Cross likes good women, and expensive wine and dislikes dirty bastards”​
About his caring side :​
“For months after Mana’s death, Cross fed, cleaned, and nursed the unresponsive, traumatized Allen as he recovered from the excruciating pain from his cursed wound. Though his true goal is reviving the 14th Noah, it is shown that he also genuinely cares for Allen as a person.”
Allen once states he is grateful to Cross as the one who showed him the way to continue living” (source: Wikia)​
There are plenty of other things to say or to develop but I will save that for later.​

the sheer amount of men and women who in their childhood had a crush on an anthropomorphic animal
That's worrisome... but yeah each their own taste, i'm not a complicated person, nor I'm too demanding, but being a human is the minimal requirement to me for a husbando.

Is the husbando candidate alive?

Only a alive man, can be a good husbando
Perfect choice
Can the candidate cooking?
Pretty sure Meruem is dead... :heh

IL 10

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

How it All Began:

The pinnacle of existence versus the fortitude of one’s mental strength. One made by evolution over time gaining better abilities than his predecessors, the other forging mental strength by her own over many tedious years. One is an expert in all spheres of life and the other honing their craft to perfection. Komugi and Meruem seem polar apart as characters from each other in life. Meruem was born to be a king, someone born to rule, whereas Komugi came from an entirely different background. She was born blind, and thus dedicated her whole life to playing a single board game of Gungi.​

With the days passing by, Meruem challenges people to every game of strategy they know so that he can triumph against them, and that is how they meet each other for the first time. Meruem, who is pretty assured of his victory, is humbled by Komugi. Game after game, however may he try, he kept being defeated. This piques Meruem’s interest. He once finally set his mind on killing Komugi but on seeing how helpless she is, he has a change of heart. Meruem begins talking about various things to Komugi as they kept on playing and continued growing together.​
What Blooms in His Heart:

As Meruem keeps on losing, a very important characteristic, he learns to grow humble. From deciding to end everyone, Meruem grows and experiences humility. He now values life, as each small life, however insignificant, may have something to offer. Komugi is the one who teaches him the importance of defeat. To realise, to adapt, to grow after facing insurmountable odds, is what life is about. Continuous defeats at the hands of Komugi makes Meruem realise that not everything can be won so easily through power.​

Both Meruem and Komugi, at that point in time needed each other. While one of them severely lacked perspective, the other lacked self-worth. They both complemented each other so well that many people grew concerned over this, including the King’s very own guards. Meruem grew from his animal urges to becoming more human than ever, while Komugi for the first time in her life was cherished. In their final moments, Komugi promised Meruem that she will be with him, right till the very end, while Meruem kept holding her hand and calling out to her, yearning to be with her, holding on to their everlasting bond. A really beautiful story written by Togashi.​

Please Support King Meruem!

Introduction

Who is Marian ? - Overall presentation

I don’t have time to say more, but I will try to explain briefly what makes Marian a great husband. In fictional works, there are some characters written in a way that cannot make them convincing or engaging and they end up, most of the time being bland. And there are those characters who appear very little but who manage to make a strong impression. Marian is one of the latter category, he appears very little but he is so well written that he lets a great impact on the audience, despite appearing very little.​

Some people dislike him because they only watched the anime and the way he was portrayed in it was not how he is actually in the manga. The anime took the liberty of showing, and enhancing maybe some minor flaws to the point to make him sound like a bad guy sometimes, but he is not. Marian is a strong, nice, mysterious, funny, charming, handsome, and knowledgeable man with an outstanding personality. He is far from being flawless, he can be/act cold, he can be blunt but he is a honest man, independant, he won't follow blindly hierarchy nor he would let them manipulate him, he's clever and strong-willed. He acts for his own interests and he shows an incredible caring/fatherly side who makes him even more lovable. He raised Allen as if he were his own child, and he is someone who respects women, and to top off, he is hot. His flaws are no way some that make him bad, It is the other way, the more close to perfection are characters or people, the most boring they end up.​

Hoshino said about him: “Cross likes good women, and expensive wine and dislikes dirty bastards”​

About his caring side :​

“For months after Mana’s death, Cross fed, cleaned, and nursed the unresponsive, traumatized Allen as he recovered from the excruciating pain from his cursed wound. Though his true goal is reviving the 14th Noah, it is shown that he also genuinely cares for Allen as a person.”

Allen once states he is grateful to Cross as the one who showed him the way to continue living” (source: Wikia)​

There are plenty of other things to say or to develop but I will save that for later.​

That's worrisome... but yeah each their own taste, i'm not a complicated person, nor I'm too demanding, but being a human is the minimal requirement to me for a husbando.

Pretty sure Meruem is dead... :heh
It's not relevant, nowhere does it mention the character's current status has to be alive.:hmph

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Why don't you give up on this man @Erinyes :sweatdrop...

Is he really that great.

hmmm what to do? I like dgm but i dont like Cross and i dont like Hxh but i like Meruem smh
Characters matter more than the series in this event.

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
So Cross?

Status
Not open for further replies.