Help Wanted Kiseki Kojin -(Mangaworks)

Kiseki

Artist
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 30, 2013
Messages
45
Reaction score
80
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
It's been a while since I've posted anything here! I've been kind of drawing here and there, throwing concepts and sketches and just about anything for visual novel illustrations and manga proposals. I'll be sharing a bit of these here!


At first, inking in MS5 was a challenge. Took me a while to tweak the tools so that they'd work with me. OTL


The original sketch looked totally different from this! -laugh-


The typesetting? (That Japanese is so abysmal, I can't-- ugh). I find it gives it an authentic feel somehow. I didn't edit the balloons, though, so hellooooo squiggly lines.


Looking back on the artwork I did for them months ago, I had to cringe. XD Such a drastic change or style.
 
Last edited:

Kiseki

Artist
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 30, 2013
Messages
45
Reaction score
80
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Summer manga in progress! Let me share the treat I'm giving out to my friends online! ^_^


Reading directions are RIGHT to LEFT, standard manga format and layout, mangakas! -laughs-



---------- Post added May 05, 2014 at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was April 25, 2014 at 11:06 AM ----------

Kiseki here, back with a couple of updates! So, I didn't really like the manga cover illustrated for Akuma no Garasu. I revised it. Following this, here's the third page, too!


 
Last edited:

Kiseki

Artist
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 30, 2013
Messages
45
Reaction score
80
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
I haven't posted anything here in forever, but manga stuff-wise, I remember uploading a timelapse vid of some inkwork I've done. Here it is! (Reminding myself to record in better, more stable quality.)

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kiseki

Artist
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 30, 2013
Messages
45
Reaction score
80
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Not really related to manga, but this is a test illustration aimed for the visual novel/otome game genre.

[spoiler="Nagare" WIP]
[/spoiler]
 
Last edited:

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Awesome!
Kiseki, I assume the colouring and the final artwork are done digitally? If so, what software do you use?
 

Kiseki

Artist
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 30, 2013
Messages
45
Reaction score
80
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Awesome!
Kiseki, I assume the colouring and the final artwork are done digitally? If so, what software do you use?
In manga, pencils to inking were done traditionally. Screentones and typesetting were done digitally. ^^ The colored covers may alternate either in digital or traditional. :) Thanks for asking, nana!
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Oh, nice. I always start on paper too.
What do you use for non-digital coloring?
 

Kiseki

Artist
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 30, 2013
Messages
45
Reaction score
80
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Oh, nice. I always start on paper too.
What do you use for non-digital coloring?
I use a combination of trad medium, from waterbased to alcohol-based markers (copics). Occasionally, I would dabble in watercolors, watercolor pencils.
 

Kiseki

Artist
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 30, 2013
Messages
45
Reaction score
80
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
I haven't been here in forever. Scribbling all over the place ever since work came up. Manga has been getting along really slowly, and it's really tough to catch up with it when you're handling a day job. Then again, going full-time as an artist is quite the gamble, and you couldn't really risk that with such a steep competitive jungle out there. Hahaha.

This was an old dummy for a small book project, to be turned into a manga. The author wanted to release a mangafied series, to draw more readers towards her novel.



It's nostalgia, backtracking on the webmanga that you used to read, and sometimes your hands get the itchy feeling of wanting to dish out a fan dummy-page for it. Years later, you get that same itch. Voila.[font]


The page below was already inked and ready to go. This was how it looked like in pencil.

 
Last edited:
Top