Shounen Kurogane by IKEZAWA Haruto

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
My point being that even if Kurogane would normally fail to make the cut, it might now just because weekly shounen jump's situation lowers the bar a little.
I'm not sure Jump lowers the bar a little. I think the Jump editors are having difficult time to determin which series to cancel because there aren't permanent cushion series for a while. There always have been at least two series that become a cushion to save other series; but there aren't really permanent cushion series, so they have to consider end some little bit established series.

I think Kurogane is safe for upcoming session, but we never know if Kurogane will be safe for another session on summer.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
As expected ST&RS got the axe this week. Genson! Kodai Seibutsu-shi Pakky, the new bottom rank, is probably the next up to the chopping block.

The good news, Magicano dropped below Kurogane and Pajama na Kanojo is not exactly ranking all that well either(and the axe falls a lot quicker for romcom stuff). Which could put a couple more series between Kurogane and any potential cancellation.

The bad news, Haikyu! the new sports manga is ranking quite well and the upcoming oneshot "Cross Manage" is supposedly another sports related manga. It's rarely a good thing when the genre of a series that isn't doing so well suddenly gets crowded.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
The bad news, Haikyu! the new sports manga is ranking quite well and the upcoming oneshot "Cross Manage" is supposedly another sports related manga. It's rarely a good thing when the genre of a series that isn't doing so well suddenly gets crowded.
Why is it bad news for releasing the sport-related one shot?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why is it bad news for releasing the sport-related one shot?
Because, as I said in the section you quoted, the more sports series Jump shows interest in the less room there is for series that fall into that particular genre, more series means more competition, for those spots. In other words the less expendable the series is the better.

At present it's...

  • Haikyu!
  • Kuroko no Basket
  • Kurogane

If they pick up the one-shot, that would be yet another; making Kurogane more expendable than before especially if it can't outperform it.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
If they pick up the one-shot, that would be yet another; making Kurogane more expendable than before especially if it can't outperform it.
Even if the editors decide to serialize the upcoming one-shot, it going to take at least around 1 year to be serialized. So, the one shot doesn't really affect Kurogane because we never even Kurogane still exist on next spring.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Even if the editors decide to serialize the upcoming one-shot, it going to take at least around 1 year to be serialized. So, the one shot doesn't really affect Kurogane because we never even Kurogane still exist on next spring.
I don't recall saying it was a short term issue.:s

It's just that the more sports manga's Jump has available the more Kurogane has to earn it's keep. If Cross Manage does not perform well, as often happens with oneshots, then it's a moot point but if it performs well then Jump will have one more sports manga to work in down the road. That makes Kurogane's position weaker not stronger as long as it maintains it's current ranking. Which is why I mentioned it.
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
It's just the the more sports manga's Jump has available the more Kurogane has to earn it's keep. Cross Manage could not perform well, as often happens with oneshots, but if it performs well then Jump will have one more sports manga to work in down the road. That makes Kurogane's position weaker not stronger as long as it maintains it's current ranking. Which is why I mentioned it.
Yeah, but you should worry about whether Cross Manage gets serailized after one year. Remember, Haikyuu!!'s one shot was released on December of 2010 in Jump Next and it took more than one year to be serialized.

Within one year, there are variety ways may happened to Kurogane like it already established its own fandom or it already being axed when Cross Managa did serialized. It is too early to worry at this time for the one shot affecting the series.
 

masgrande

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
668
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm glad that Kurogane still has time to get an established fandom and be in a good position, but I'm really dissapointed that Magico and Pajama na Kanojo have to suffer for it. Maybe Jump should stop publishing romcoms in that magazine since, even if they are good, thay almost always get low rankings after a while.

The Sayuri X Hiroto seems like it might be fun so I hope they continue with that:teehee, but I always though he might go for Shiratori since she was the only girl his age.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I'm glad that Kurogane still has time to get an established fandom and be in a good position, but I'm really dissapointed that Magico and Pajama na Kanojo have to suffer for it. Maybe Jump should stop publishing romcoms in that magazine since, even if they are good, thay almost always get low rankings after a while.
I'm actually don't mind Kurogane ends if its space will be filled by the sport dance one shot which was released last year.
 

leiatte

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
312
Reaction score
232
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm glad that Kurogane still has time to get an established fandom and be in a good position, but I'm really dissapointed that Magico and Pajama na Kanojo have to suffer for it. Maybe Jump should stop publishing romcoms in that magazine since, even if they are good, thay almost always get low rankings after a while.
Well, Nisekoi seems to be doing really well, and its a romcom, but of course its still early. Also, I think Magico will be fine, I also think Kurogane will be fine for now, it just needs its rankings to rise a bit, which I hope will happen in the upcoming battle.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
From Manga-news Japon, it said that St&rs, Bakuman, and Pakky will end this session and there going to be three new series. So, I think you guys should pray that the new series to be a cushion for Kurogane.

---------- Post added April 23, 2012 at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was April 12, 2012 at 01:16 AM ----------

Cast for upcoming Kurogane's vomic has revealed:

Kurogane Hiroto = Eguchi Takuya
Toujou Sayuri = Nabatame Hiromi
Shiratori Tsubame = Kotobuki Minako
Kakei Gorou = Masuyama Takeaki
Saruwatari Masaru = Karasuma Yuuichi
Kinoko Rokurou = Husegawa Kazuhiro
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
From Manga-news Japon, it said that St&rs, Bakuman, and Pakky will end this session and there going to be three new series. So, I think you guys should pray that the new series to be a cushion for Kurogane.

---------- Post added April 23, 2012 at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was April 12, 2012 at 01:16 AM ----------

Cast for upcoming Kurogane's vomic has revealed:

Kurogane Hiroto = Eguchi Takuya
Toujou Sayuri = Nabatame Hiromi
Shiratori Tsubame = Kotobuki Minako
Kakei Gorou = Masuyama Takeaki
Saruwatari Masaru = Karasuma Yuuichi
Kinoko Rokurou = Husegawa Kazuhiro
I've never been that interested in vomics, but it could be a sign of good things ahead, because it doesn't have to get one...
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I've never been that interested in vomics, but it could be a sign of good things ahead, because it doesn't have to get one...
Jump usually gives vomic to a series which are doing good and serialized for at least six months. But, it doesn't necesary mean that it is safe from cancellation.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Jump usually gives vomic to a series which are doing good and serialized for at least six months. But, it doesn't necesary mean that it is safe from cancellation.
I know that much...That's why I said it could be a sign of good things. I didn't say, "Kurogane is safe from cancellation," however. I still think it'll be at risk until the mangaka makes some changes.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think it has to be taken as at least a mild vote of confidence in Kurogane. After all, it wouldn't much much sense to do this otherwise.
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Jump usually gives vomic to a series which are doing good and serialized for at least six months. But, it doesn't necesary mean that it is safe from cancellation.
This pretty much sums it up - a vomic is not free pass for a series to necessarily last long. However, an anime adaptation I would say is a different thing, so that's the one to watch out for Frosty.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
This pretty much sums it up - a vomic is not free pass for a series to necessarily last long. However, an anime adaptation I would say is a different thing, so that's the one to watch out for Frosty.
Indeed, Hamy, but so little happens in each chapter, that you'd need probably 100+ chapters in order to get an anime here. Even with that many, it couldn't last that long, unless you put ridiculous amounts of filler or boring training sequences in.

A vomic is a step in the right direction, but unless changes occur, I do expect Kurogane to get the axe at some point in the future. I think in two cancellation periods, it'll be axed unless things change. I've already stated that I think Kurogane needs to go more in the supernatural direction in order to succeed.
 

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 20, 2010
Messages
3,637
Reaction score
1,163
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
there's chapter 31 and 32 raws in jcafe24 but i can't see it though(the link :() :( i want to see that chapter even in raws :)
 

Reith

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
44
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
For those who didn't see yet: Kurogane Chapter 32 Japanese RAW -> HERE

---------- Post added May 10, 2012 at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was May 03, 2012 at 12:07 PM ----------

Chapter 33 Japanese RAW is out! -> HERE

The CP is awesome! :hee
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
Ah, it looks sweet. Seems like he found a new friend in... uh... that other school's counter expert XD I wonder what they're talking about.

And I hope with this we'll get to see more of the "supernatural" side, that last attack was pretty cool even though I'm not sure it was really anything supernatural..
 
Top