I think that your second version is great, but being a dark landscape, Pein's bodies must be a little darker. I don't know if you understand what I mean xD
Good job JMC As always.. Your choice of the colors makes it impeccable... Plus the greatjob done on the BGs is just astonishing and merges perfectly with the pages mood!
Good work man! Keep up the great job!
Really a good work on the first two. Girly Pein is specially awesome.
A little advice. The third version with the rain has not appropriate colours (about Peins, they are too bright). I understand that you just changed the background and didn't want to recolour Peins, but you could easily change colors on all of them using Hue/Saturation. And then you could add some lightning shine on them (on the new layer with low opacity). Well... just make them look like they are really under the rainy sky.
You can follow my advice or not I still like your job. Keep up the good work.
Looks great JMC, the only thing I don't like, is how the bald spikey Pain turned out. Everything else is very good though, especially the panel of Pain's new body.