Fantasy - Laxus Dreyar vs Erza Scarlet | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Laxus Dreyar vs Erza Scarlet

Who wins

• Total voters

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Laxus pwns natsu I already told you. In Fairy Tail, such moments don't mean much. If the manga continued, by simple portrayal and hints, Laxus' dominance would be reestablished. Since the manga ended, the author had no chance to restore the perceived power dynamics to where it should be (notice I'm using the word "perceived"). He might not even think he needed to, since many people, including me, adamantly disregard Erza's showings in the last arc as indicators of her superior power compared to Laxus, which means that his thinking could be following the same path as ours.

Makarov wrestled with dragon Acnologia before the timeskip. The same Makarov that was stomped by Hades, whom Laxus proceeded to battle with, in a fight where he stood his own. Do you understand now why it's not so easy to decide on character power levels solely based on fighting feats? :P

Of course Wendy wouldn't be able to defeat Irene on her own, like what the fuck. Comparing Wendy to Laxus is like comparing Nami to Zoro! :P It doesn't just take a random dragonslayer to deal with a dragon, it takes an extremely powerful dragonslayer to pull off such a feat, such as Laxus. Wendy's not that. If I were to rank those four, this would be the order: Gildarts = Laxus (or maybe slightly stronger) >> Irene >>>>> Wendy. Wendy is extremely useful as an ally in a fight, but her usefulness lies in her being a reliable supporting force. She's not much of a fighter on her own.

Erza might be more powerful that Natsu at the beginning of the anime. It didn't take long for Natsu to surpass her, but it wasn't always obvious, since Natsu's showings have been greatly inconsistent, whereas Erza has been performing consistently within the standards Hiro has set up for her (including the PIS and PoF moments).

Character statements and hints of other characters' power levels, as well as simple portrayal, are the most reliable ways to extract conclusions as to what's really true within a story.
Well since it ended it has to establish. those certain moments are till what we have now and are use to for feats purposes rather u like it or not those are feats that are canon to the story like I said hiro fucked the power levels that he made ridiculous feats for his favs we just have to deal with it . Certain who was portrayed to be stronger are no more.

No makarov didn’t wrestle anco all he did was try to hold him off for his children to escape he didn’t try to attempt to push him.

But gildartz was portrayed to be stronger than laxus even laxus back in FF arc knew why is laxus>gildart now? Gildartz can’t do anything to Irene in dragon form so how is he stronger than Irene? Wendy is not just a supporter she also a fighter she has DF that only shows she is a fighter.

When did natsu surpass erza? IMO natsu surpassed her was this final arc. Just like laxus have proven and portrayed to be stronger than erza and natsu erza proved to be stronger than natsu in the past. The only time natsu was stronger than erza was when he gets temperory power ups

I agree statements should be a factor but if the statements was debunked or contradicts then it shouldn’t be accounted

Crimson Ice

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Laxus wins.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
The manga did continue, and so far the power dynamics have been preserved. Laxus wins.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
The manga did continue, and so far the power dynamics have been preserved. Laxus wins.
For now yes. But you will never know when mashima will pull Because She Erza Bullshit out of his ass which will make every fairy besides natsu look fodder.

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
BoFT yes he could've.

Tenrou who knows.
I don't think there was any significant gap between Battle of Fairy Tail and Tenroujima. Anyway, I don't see why Laxus would be able to stomp Erza even back then.

Erza was always just a tier below him at most, and at this point, she's kinda caught up.

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't think there was any significant gap between Battle of Fairy Tail and Tenroujima. Anyway, I don't see why Laxus would be able to stomp Erza even back then.

Erza was always just a tier below him at most, and at this point, she's kinda caught up.
Because he was able to quarrel with Erza and Mystogan then one shot Gajeel and Natsu at the same time and then have enough MP to use Fairy Law. Unless you believe Erza could do the same?

I'd go as far and say she wouldn't be able to go past mid diff in a fight against him until Alvarez

Tenrou wise she was shocked at his strength and the battle only started to turn when he arrived.

Sure she's caught up but he's still stronger than her. The only person that could've stood a chance against Laxus at the beginning of the show was Gildarts and Makarov

Last edited:

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
BoFT = Tenrou Erza. Erza never got stronger until SO as she never went all out until Tenrou/Edolas.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Laxus mid-high diff Erza without borrowed magic.
Laxus extreme diff buffed Erza.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
All the DS use borrowed powers. Don't about the fodder DE. If they legitimately killed dragons before devouring them I don't think of them as burrowed powers.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I thought it was his lightning and his blood that makes up RL. It was just a bs power-up
I was talking about his DS magic.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Power being borrowed doesn't really matter, it's whether that power is freely usable. If Erza needs Wendy to re-enchant those sword and her DS seal, then it's not really her power, if she can use it without Wendy then the power is effectively hers.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States

She hasn’t really caught up though. Laxus was able to no diff Kiria, who has matched Erza up until her red pants DS amp. An he did this immediately before beating her. Laxus is strong enough to beat low-diff an Erza lvl opponent; then turn around and beat Erza at her best. The gap is clearly still present.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

BoFT = Tenrou Erza. Erza never got stronger until SO as she never went all out until Tenrou/Edolas.
Holy shit, that’s who it is!!!! I knew Drakken Joe’s face was familiar. It’s like he gave Laxus Azuma’s hairstyle and Shuda’s swag. Bam. Thanks, that shits been bugging me 😂😂😂

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
About this borrowed power. Isn't Laxus himself a burrowed power user.
What I mean from "borrowed powers" is that it's not readily accessable to the mage, but prep'd beforehand for later usage. For example, Laxus using Freed's rune against Wahl was borrowed magic. Natsu using Igneel's flames against Zeref was borrowed magic as well.

We know for a fact that Wendy is the source of dragon seal. She presumably pre enchanted it in team Natsu in order to help them against dragon eaters or dragon gods in case she isn't there to help at the moment.
Erza prep'd Natsu and Gray swords beforehand as well, presumably to use later in case is emergency. She can now enchant magic from others into her sword, but can't do it by herself without the source as far as we know (if she can do it without them being there, then she's effectively a fire Dragon Slayer and an ice devil Slayer, making Natsu and Gray obsolete).
As far as we know, once the effect of Wendy's enchantment wears off, Erza can't use dragon seal until Wendy enchants again.
Once the magic imbued onto the swords from Natsu and Gray run out, she needs to consult them again to get them enchanted. This is what I meant by borrowed magic.

Laxus, technically, is using an external source, but he has access to lightning DS magic readily unless someone physically removes the Lacrima from him. So, for all practical purposes they're his own magic.
It's similar to Erza's swords and armours, which she takes out from another dimension where she stores them. Technically not her own (since she doesn't create them), but for all practical purposes her own since she can readily access them and use them.

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Laxus Arc Laxus vs Laxus Arc Erza

Laxus

Vs

Erza

Scenario
Erza decides that Natsu has no chance in hell of defeating Laxus and sends him off to help destroy the Thunder Palace while she resumes her battle with Laxus.

Restrictions
Fairy Law
Outside Interference (Levy, Freed, nor Gajeel show up to interrupt the battle)

Conditions
Erza starts in Lightning Empress Armor
Laxus can use Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic
Laxus can use his powerup
Both start fresh and healthy
Takes place in the Laxus Arc

Intent
KO

Who wins and at what difficulty?

Last edited: