- Joined
- Mar 18, 2007
- Messages
- 155
- Reaction score
- 100
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
What is the evidence that Death Pillar is a 100% certain kill with perfect accuracy? All we know is he uses it once and it kills Hades, and neither of the other people in the room. We know that Death Predation was a spell that seemed to kill everything reliably and cast itself while Zeref valued life. It appeared that the danger of his magic diminished the less he cared about life. All it would take was a powerful end-story spell to kill a pre-weakened Hades. I'd claim that Laxus wouldn't even need to tank it. He would dodge it. For all we know Death Pillar is simply a spell that does high damage like Grand Chariot or Sema or any number of other high end spells that would've killed a beaten and weary old man.
I would not say Natsu and Zeref were fighting evenly. Except for the hit that scarred Natsu's face, Natsu hits Zeref with much heavier attacks that send him flying through rocks and crap.
The first time Zeref's death magic went off Natsu, Ever, and Elfman dodge it. That's not when his scarf turns black. No one ever tanks Death Predation, except for Natsu's scarf. However, Zeref hasn't been shown to be able to use that ability at will. He imbues plenty of his attacks with dark magic, sure, but nothing quite that potent.
Wahl told Laxus that Laxus should've been dead as he was. He wasn't "totally fine". He was stoic and toughing it out until his organs started failing, and still put up a fight through that. Laxus could've ramped up his attacks against Wahl if Wahl wasn't completely immune to lightning. (To be fair, I still don't get how "red lightning" works)
I think top tier in the verse consists of August alone. Followed by Natsu, FH Zeref, Irene, and Gildartz. Regardless, even though I think Laxus SHOULD win this round against a nerfed Zeref, I will almost certainly vote against him in the next round based on who's left.
I would not say Natsu and Zeref were fighting evenly. Except for the hit that scarred Natsu's face, Natsu hits Zeref with much heavier attacks that send him flying through rocks and crap.
The first time Zeref's death magic went off Natsu, Ever, and Elfman dodge it. That's not when his scarf turns black. No one ever tanks Death Predation, except for Natsu's scarf. However, Zeref hasn't been shown to be able to use that ability at will. He imbues plenty of his attacks with dark magic, sure, but nothing quite that potent.
Wahl told Laxus that Laxus should've been dead as he was. He wasn't "totally fine". He was stoic and toughing it out until his organs started failing, and still put up a fight through that. Laxus could've ramped up his attacks against Wahl if Wahl wasn't completely immune to lightning. (To be fair, I still don't get how "red lightning" works)
I think top tier in the verse consists of August alone. Followed by Natsu, FH Zeref, Irene, and Gildartz. Regardless, even though I think Laxus SHOULD win this round against a nerfed Zeref, I will almost certainly vote against him in the next round based on who's left.
Last edited:





