Lee-nus' Gallery | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Lee-nus' Gallery

lee-nus

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
EDIT: FORGOT TO UPDATE THIS COMMENT IN AGES, SO HERE'S A TON OF LAST (TWO? :) ) YEARS OF ARTWORK!!! ^^;

Hello everyone,

Now that all the good artists have already posted their galleries since long, I doubt anyone will pay any attention to me... ^^; Anyways, here are a number of samples from my gallery, including my very first from a year ago (that is, when I made my first coloring... d'uh!).

Hope you enjoy some of them! ^^
Also, this should encourage people to start coloring, I think, since my first ones sucked oh-so-very-much, and my more recent ones are... well... decent... ^^;

Anywho, they are all in a list of descending date, meaning the newest ones are at the top and the oldest... well, you know. ^^

Also, keep in mind that if wou wish to see my progress in full, please pay a visit to my deviantART gallery at http://lee-nus.deviantart.com/, since its way too much trouble uploading everything again! Keep in mind though, that I've gone back and editted a few pictures, so they represent my skills at a later point than the date of the actual uploading... Know what I mean? :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW STUFF!! xD

EDIT: Both the above links have been changed, and the image has been slightly improved and updated. The differences only show in one of the thumbnails, but both versions have the same changes made to them. why the thumbs are different, i dont know! ^^;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 15, 2007 - Tried a new pallette, and shading that's easier on the eye. ^^;

May 13, 2007 - Yes, that's more like it... *^_^*

May 2, 2007 - Closing up to the date of this post, no? xD

March 31, 2007 - I loved this cover... *_*

March 19 2007 - Tried a slightly new approach, using textures and all. :D

Feb 21, 2007 - By this point I had started using a tablet. For all the ones below, I used the touchpad on my laptop, since I had no mouse... ^^;

Dec 4, 2006 - Back where I first started. Made some progress since then, no? ^^;

Nov 29, 2006 - Tried another approach by speeding things up a bit... ^^;

Oct 22, 2006 - Really went loose with the dodge tool here... xD

Oct 16, 2006 - A little better yet, even removed the lineart... xD

Sep 24, 2006 - Getting a little better, trying out new techniques.

Sep 10, 2006 - Another oldie. OMGWTF look at Hidan's face and muscles... T_T

Aug 30, 2006 - Lol, looks ridiculous now!

Aug 11, 2006 - I remember I had a lot of problems with this cuz the clean was kinda "dirty"... :p

Aug 6, 2006 - My fourth. The shading to his face is the pits! :D

Aug 2, 2006 - My third (Slightly editted at some point, though not much later)

July 15, 2006 - My second (Yeah, a cellshade. one of the few... :) )

June 19, 2006 - My first

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all ppl! Thanks for bearing with me until the end! xD Feel free to comment or ask questions on whatever! *^_^*

Last edited:

kyubisharingan

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! congratz lee-nus^^ i knew this day would come!

lee-nus

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! congratz lee-nus^^ i knew this day would come!
lol, its mortifying to see all that old stuff though! but in a way, its kinda fun to look back too. i guess this means even someone with shitty skills and the worst possible equipment can still attain some level of skill... aahahaha... *^_^*

TechnoMagus

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
well, well....mildly surprising but completely unexpected that lee-nus finally got one suddenly! :smile-big

so it was you who did that sasu-naru fight stance version! :o a perfect match for my willitblend version for my 2nd desktop! :kkthumbs
any larger version of that btw?

lee-nus

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
well, well....mildly surprising but completely unexpected that lee-nus finally got one suddenly! :smile-big

so it was you who did that sasu-naru fight stance version! :o a perfect match for my willitblend version for my 2nd desktop! :kkthumbs
haha ^A^
ah, you mean the one in my gallery where sasuke has his hand on naruto's shoulder? i might have a bigger version lying around, i could look for it if i remember. but its kinda outdated, i think... :) i should improve it or something... *_*

fireboy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
nice!support!

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nice one Lee-nus! :smile-big I really like your version of Sasuke v Naruto. I LOVE your one of three Sanins! :nuts

It's great to watch an artist's progress I think, and also helps us mere mortals to understand some of the artistic process and that it requires more than just talent - you also need hard work and determination.

Lee-nus, who have been your inspirations over time?

lee-nus

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Nice one Lee-nus! :smile-big I really like your version of Sasuke v Naruto. I LOVE your one of three Sanins! :nuts

It's great to watch an artist's progress I think, and also helps us mere mortals to understand some of the artistic process and that it requires more than just talent - you also need hard work and determination.

Lee-nus, who have been your inspirations over time?
thanks kado! ^^

well, i guess paintpixel kinda woke my interest, after having seen a bunch of covers she made that looked just great. though up to now, its quite definitely DD who's been my biggest source of inspiration overall. guess im not so unique in that field... ^^;

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to say, my favourites so far are the Suigetsu cover and Sunset Sasuke. Awesome work! :smile-big

I like how you've put your thoughts under each pic, kinda gives us some insight into what you were thinking/trying to do at the time, which is helpful.

And I can't believe that Yondy pic was your first attemp? That's like...very good for a first attempt!

So, what are you own faves from your collection?

Last edited:

juUnior

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Superb gallery Lee-nus, REALLY shows how you improved over time xDxD I would say, that Suigetsu cover and remake of that double colored cover is the best. Why? Because that's coloring of the art of Kishi!! :D
And Your the one of the few artists, who like (or love? xD) to color arts made by other people. ^^ But I would like to see more colored pages from chapters hiehie xD

lee-nus

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
@kado: actually, that was my second attempt... but my first cellshade! :D
my favorites... i never like what i've done when i go back to look at my stuff, but... i kinda like suigetsu and sasuke, like you said, and orochimaru is kinda nice too... ^^

@juunior: haha, k, i'll keep it in mind. actually, im kinda working on something from the last chapter... *^_^*

LotusBlade

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Your progress is amazing,
My fav has to be your latest sasuke = ownage. :D
Can't wait for some of your upcoming works !~ ^^
Keep up the good work ;-)

P.s The linking code for your deviantart is incorrect, the link is right but the code behind it is not :S.

lee-nus

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Your progress is amazing,
My fav has to be your latest sasuke = ownage. :D
Can't wait for some of your upcoming works !~ ^^
Keep up the good work ;-)

P.s The linking code for your deviantart is incorrect, the link is right but the code behind it is not :S.
thanks *^_^* you'll see more soon, i promise. might even be tomorrow, if i can make time! ^^ oh, and thanks for notifying me, i fixed it! :)

fireboy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
update again,support again:D

TechnoMagus

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica

haha ^A^
ah, you mean the one in my gallery where sasuke has his hand on naruto's shoulder? i might have a bigger version lying around, i could look for it if i remember. but its kinda outdated, i think... :) i should improve it or something... *_*
my bad for not being more specific! :eek

i was referring to this fight stance! don't worry just browsed through your DA account and found the bigger version. never knew you had another deviation with sasu-naru in the title.... :s

*Mel*

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yeah!!!
Finnaly your gallery is here XD
It's awesome ^.^ It's good to see how u have improved in all this time ;)
Good job =D

GrayFoxx

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Congratulations, your gallery is great Lee~, I specially like the re-coloured cover with Sasuke & Naruto, hope to see even more of your work :)

lee-nus

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
thanks guys, i appreciate it as always!! *^_^*
gallery updated with new stuff, with one desktop version! :D

Last edited:

GrayFoxx

Reaction score
Country
Poland
thanks guys, i appreciate it as always!! *^_^*
gallery updated with new stuff, with one desktop version! :D

Yay, thank you, I was waiting for this page. Good job :tem

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
really nice! talk about improvement ^_^ guess there's hope for us small fries anyway :XD:
keep up the good work!
btw I love your most recent panel! really well colored