Lezhin Webcomic Contest

mongshell

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 1, 2016
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Age
36
Country
South Korea
Hi there. So today I found out about Lezhin comics' webcomic contest with a cash prize.
The first place wins $3K and 2nd, $1K, and 3th and 4th place wins $500 each.
I'm thinking about entering and I just wanted to share it with you all.
The deadline is July 31st so hopefully, I'll make it in time.
http://www.lezhin.com/en/page/contest_1st
This is the link for more info.
Just asking, if the story and artwork is good, the genre, of course, won't matter but which genre do you think will have a higher chance of winning? Just curious.
 

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
437
Reaction score
276
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
For those who are confused, this isn't actually a comic/manga contest, this is a contest for those weird korean-style webtoons where you perpetually scroll down until the chapter ends.

anyway, if this is anything like the other contests, the only thing that will really matter is professional-looking artwork, i think.

maybe one should consider that many korean webtoons focus on overpowered protagonists and game-like aspects? so either make something like that, or make something different to stand out?

I don't know, but anyway, i just thought the required format should be specified.
 

mongshell

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 1, 2016
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Age
36
Country
South Korea
For those who are confused, this isn't actually a comic/manga contest, this is a contest for those weird korean-style webtoons where you perpetually scroll down until the chapter ends.

anyway, if this is anything like the other contests, the only thing that will really matter is professional-looking artwork, i think.

maybe one should consider that many korean webtoons focus on overpowered protagonists and game-like aspects? so either make something like that, or make something different to stand out?

I don't know, but anyway, i just thought the required format should be specified.
If you're used to the graphic novels or the manga/manhwa/manhua, I guess you could call it weird but it's a new experience, reading non-stop on your phone, scrolling down. It's the most popular format in Korea too.
I asked about and I got a reply that the width has to be 1280 pix. Other than that, the length doesn't really matter.
So overpowered protagonists and game-like aspects are better...? I was kind of going for romance...
 

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
437
Reaction score
276
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Ah, I'm sure whatever you do will be fine, it's just that I noticed that a lot of the very popular comics of this kind have overpowered protagonists, don't you think?

but if you have a really good romance story, then go for it!!!
 
Top