Support Like/thank buttons not working

lynxian

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
162
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
This only started yesterday, but nothing happens when I click the Like/Thank buttons. I've tried it on several threads in various subforums, but still nothing.
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
There are people with similar problems, I talked to the other techs to find out if we had made any recent changes that might have caused such a problem which is not the case, there's not a specific browser or OS that causes the problem and thanks/likes seem to be working for most, I suggest trying to figure out what you might have done (such as installing/updating a internet security application or browser extension) and what might have caused this on your system yesterday.
 

Mister K

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2012
Messages
147
Reaction score
59
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I'm having the same problem since a while ago!
 

hassan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
118
Reaction score
35
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: Troubleshooting and Tech Support

well this might be just a random question but i was wondering why i haven't been able to like or thank any post for a while now , any possible reason and solution for that?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I am not having any trouble from my computer. Check your browser settings. Make sure you have turned off any javascript blockers, or similar security features.
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
To those whose thanks/likes aren't working:

If you're using Firefox, open Web Console by pressing Control-Shift-K. Click right mouse button on console window and enable "Log Request and Response Bodies". Try to thank my post, it will generate a new entry in the console window such as POST http://mangahelpers.com/forum/thanks.php [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 250 ms]. Click on that entry, it'll open a new window with request details. At the bottom of this window, you'll see "Response Body", post the text below it here. It may give us a clue about the source of the problem.
 

TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I noticed this stopped working for me as well, so I did as you mentioned...


Clicking like or thank did not create any activity on the console - the last line there was already there before clicking like/thanks and nothing changed after I clicked.

FWIW Firefox 26.0 on Ubuntu 12.04
also tried iPhone4 w/ Safari, no dice.

I know I have liked/thanked posts and I have not been a member too long so change must have been fairly recent. Its possible some of them might have been from computer at work (win7, ie) which I have not tested recently, but I am sure I have thanked/liked from home/phone.

I am only an intermediate techie but if anything I can help with I'll try.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Pat

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
It seems the javascript function that handles thanks/likes clicks isn't working. Can you start Firefox in safe mode and try again just to make sure one of your extensions isn't interfering with javascript functionality?
 

TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Same results. I started up the console as soon as I reset firefox in safe mode, and it generated lots of activity navigating through mangahelpers but as soon as I loaded into this thread, I got the "The Web Console logging API (console.log, console.info, console.warn, console.error) has been disabled by a script on this page."



Maybe its time I try another browser, might help to see if its firefox related. Maybe Chromium? I'll play around with it today.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Pat

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
The weird thing is even if members change their browsers/devices to access MH, they still experience the same problem which leads me to believe the thanks/likes plugin may have some sort of bug. I've performed some maintenance tasks, hopefully it'll fix the problem, at least it worked for some other forum admins. If the problem persists, I'm not sure what we can do other than upgrading the plugin which still may not solve the problem.
 

TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ok so I did install Chromium, and after another reboot still does not work on either FF or CM. My machine has recent updates, but I don't pay attention to whats being updated really, and I usually install the updates on a weekly basis. For all I know its been updated a few times since it stopped working so hard to say what update it could have been if that was the cause. I'll be into work tomorrow, I'll try there.
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
When you're at it, can you try one more thing? Open Firefox web console (Control-Shift-K) on this page (after the page fully loads) and run this command:

Code:
$.getScript("http://mangahelpers.com/forum/dbtech/thanks/clientscript/thanks.js");
You'll see a new GET entry on the console window.

Code:
GET http://mangahelpers.com/forum/dbtech/thanks/clientscript/thanks.js [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 150 ms]
Try to thank my post after you run this command, let's see if it'll work.
 

TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Tried the command but nothing different happened.


Havent got a chance to try from work, this winter storm is really making a job crazy busy the last couple days.
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
Ok, thanks. Possibly one of the other scripts interferes with the correct functioning of the thanks/likes script but it's hard to find the source of the problem without being able to reproduce it. If I can figure out a way that can help solve the issue, I'll try it later. :nod
 

TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well it works with Firefox on Win7 from my work pc, fyi. And thanks for the help, no big deal please dont stress out about it or anything ;)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pat

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
Interesting, I wonder if the problem occurs on Linux/Mac OS PCs. :hmm
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Like/Thank Button & Spoiler tags not working

I'm using Chrome on Windows 7 64bit and up until earlier this week, everything was working fine. But now, when I try to like or thank a post it doesn't work, and when I try to click on a spoiler tag it won't load either.

However, it works fine on Internet Explorer. Not sure why only Chrome won't work.
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
Did you install a new Chrome extension or change settings?
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
No, I haven't installed anything recently. My Chrome recently updated though, to the latest version.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pat

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
I installed the latest version of Chrome and everything seems to be working. If even spoiler tags don't work, one of your extensions must be blocking JavaScript. Click F12 to open Developer tools, go to Console tab and enter the following command:

Code:
spoilerclick($('.bbcode_spoiler_postedby'))
Does it open the following spoiler or show an error message?

Test

Refresh the page and enter the following command:

Code:
$('.bbcode_spoiler_postedby').trigger("click")
What about now?
 
Top