Feedback Links loading, then disappearing

Phoenix946

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
920
Reaction score
467
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Sorry if this has been asked before or if it's the wrong subforum, I looked but couldn't find the answer.

My Internet Explorer seems to dislike this site a bit. Sometimes when I go to a page that contains links, it loads all the links and shows them, but then they somehow disappear and I only see the shell of the site. This is not only links to subfora or threads, but also pictures and posts of people. It seems to have a 100% chance of happening if there is a picture (not under a spoiler tag, if it IS under such a tag it doesn't happen) on the page I'm trying to load that exceeds the width of the resolution on my monitor. It also happens to the small box where thanks of people are, especially if I thanked a post myself.

Refreshing the page does not help since it does exactly the same again (load and disappear), but when I looked around in the Internet Options under Advanced, I found the option "Always show encoded addresses" under International. When I disable/enable that, it seems to reload all the links, but then they don't disappear. It doesn't matter if it's on enabled/disabled, but if I switch it to the other, it does this.

So I do have a way of browsing this forum more or less, but it's rather annoying. Sometimes it happens four times in a row that all the links disappear, and I have to go enable/disable that option four times to be able to click on the link. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas to what might be causing those links to disappear so that it can be fixed? I use IE 7.0. Thanks a bunch in advance.
 
Last edited:

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
We know about the bug in IE7 but we have yet to find the cause. Most likely it's just another wrong or missing interpretation of css properties within IE7.

I can assure you the site works 100% fine in the following browsers:
Apple Safari 4+, Mozilla Firefox 3.0+, Opera 9.5+ and Google Chrome 1.0+

I've heard reports that IE8 does solve the problems IE7 had with our site (you should upgrade IE anyway, to close lots of holes) but you'll have a far better browsing experience with any of the mentioned alternate browsers as they're more standards compliant and faster in webpage rendering all over the internet.
 

Phoenix946

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
920
Reaction score
467
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Alright, I'll try it with a different one then. Thanks for the help.
 
Top