Shounen Lock-on! by TSUCHIDA Kenta

Sawako-Chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2010
Messages
105
Reaction score
32
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: [NEW] Lock-on! by TSUCHIDA Kenta

well.. like i said b4 the one-shot at least for me was way better than first chapter and for the look of it chapter 2 didn't add much >_<

well i think the only way for this serie to go on is start some plot with Sanada and that damn eyes...


now that i think it would be better if Sanada was some kinda of detective and had a really terrible past ....anyway didn't happen =p

but i still expect somethink awesome from this serie :amuse
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: [NEW] Lock-on! by TSUCHIDA Kenta

I was less impressed with chapter 2 than I was with 1. The story was boring and nothing much really happened. I'll give it another chapter or two before dropping it.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: [NEW] Lock-on! by TSUCHIDA Kenta

Chapter 2 gave some good laughs. While not better than chapter 1 it is rather decent. I'm going to give this about 5 chapters' chances & If I like it I'll follow it.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: [NEW] Lock-on! by TSUCHIDA Kenta

The one-shot for this was awful, so understand how surprising it is that 2 chapters in I'm loving it. It's hopelessly generic in the art stakes (yet still quite pretty) and the characters are almost painfully one-note, but everything is somehow tweaked in that magic way that makes it absolutely intriguing to read. gonna have to keep up with this
 

~†Ale†~

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
97
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Mmm...well, nice Manga, but not more. The history isn't so innovative, I think it won't have long life. Anyway, the drawings are very good!
 

Jinoh

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
365
Reaction score
249
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
I dont see it surviving that long. But hell, Medaka Box did, so what's there to expect of WSJ...? Still wondering why K.O. Sen and Mx0 got butchered...

Other than that. It's a pretty enjoyable manga. Don't think I would ever consider buying this though.
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Chapter 4.... Oh my. I literally groaned when the son-of-a-Yakuza-leader appeared. It was no shock to me whatsoever when it turned out that he wasn't such a bad guy after all.

The thing I found with the art is that it fails to impress me, but it isn't bad. It's fairly average. Even the story is an average romcom. It's not in any way bad, but it's like eating a bowl of vanilla ice cream after eating the same flavor every day for a month. It still tastes good, but it's no longer as significant as it once was.

I found some potential in the battle scenes, however. They were short and not amazingly well done, but this, unlike other romcoms, could always fall back on the idea of the "Shutter Eye" and turn into a battle manga. I'm sort of afraid of what might happen if the author steps into that territory, though... Imagine all of the tropes this manga would use then?
 

Raichu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 2, 2009
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Pole
lol this seems weird for me but this story has a lot of developement space...it can goes everywhere...It could head into many different kinds of directions,which I'd like to see,instead of the usual romance-comedy.(It could be detective/mystery;Psychology;Action;Adventure annnnd fantasy...)
But right now it's schoool life,yeah.
Too much school life we got lol xDDD.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I feel like the story has grown on me in some ways. I'm not quite sure where it's headed, but it doesn't seem as bland as it once did to me.
 

~†Ale†~

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
97
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I think color at chapter 7 could be a good indication. From 2004 that there isn't something like that, is it? Well, I, and guess you all, will judge better after the usual eight position.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I think color at chapter 7 could be a good indication. From 2004 that there isn't something like that, is it? Well, I, and guess you all, will judge better after the usual eight position.
On 2008, Toriko and Double Arts got colour before they got officially ranked, like Lock On.
 

Raichu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 2, 2009
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Pole
^
And I'll add....To promote newer series!But unfortunately,it didn't really worked for many of them...

Lock-On is currently in a tight spot right now,now it's up to it to find a way to climb back to the top or otherwise...
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Well, at least the plot is moving.... I hope the mangaka can balance the outrageous comedy that typical Jump readers like with the romance aspect.
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
They technically have enough people this time to form the Photography club, assuming Niko doesn't drop out like she said she would. Maybe the real story will start to take off now that we are at this point.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
They technically have enough people this time to form the Photography club, assuming Niko doesn't drop out like she said she would. Maybe the real story will start to take off now that we are at this point.
I hope you're right.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah,that's possible,even though i have no idea what that could be.I guess it won't really change that much,unless it becomes a battle manga.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Hmmm.... impressive, Tsuchida certainly has evolved a lot from this chapter. Sure, the "love" stuff is corny, but at the same time it's not. This chapter had good development. I'm looking forward to the next chapters. The mangaka certainly has good potential to stay for a while.
 

sir_arles

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
481
Reaction score
271
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Even tough I've been reading this manga since chapter 1, I'm not quite thrilled about it just yet...
The crazy thing is, I still want to read the next chapter every time... I don't know what is it that attracts me about Lock On!... but I'll keep giving it a chance till a find out why this happens =P
 
Top